ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I will MC and set this up for you.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You should have your MW now. Not sure why it has 50 sections - did you put that into the template first and then change it to 36? I can delete the extras.

Any keywords to use to help searches once cataloged?

We should use a summary other than wikipedia. We already link to them anyway, they aren't necessarily PD, and this one seems to have spoilers in it.

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ToddHW wrote: May 14th, 2020, 3:18 pm You should have your MW now. Not sure why it has 50 sections - did you put that into the template first and then change it to 36? I can delete the extras.

Any keywords to use to help searches once cataloged?

We should use a summary other than wikipedia. We already link to them anyway, they aren't necessarily PD, and this one seems to have spoilers in it.

Thanks, Todd
Hi Todd thanks for setting this up. Yes I did change the section numbers as originally I counted the cast and multiplied by 3 thinking that would be just under what I needed. However after going through the script realised that not every character is in every act (should have known that already sorry). I did a recalculation and came to roughly 36 so that should be enough for what I need please. I didn't realise it would still show the original 50 sorry about the confusion.
I will change the summary as well.

Edited to Add: I have now filled in the MW and have used 41 this is the final setting. I have also edited the summary.

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Would love to play Hector Frome here!
Tomas Peter
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

If no one has spoken for James, I'd like to read for him.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Chief Warder Wooder for me please.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mshoppespink

Post by mshoppespink »

It’s been about 8 years since I’ve read for LV. Can I jump back in and read for Sweedle?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 14th, 2020, 4:39 pm Would love to play Hector Frome here!
Thank you for claiming I will sign you up
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

silverquill wrote: May 14th, 2020, 6:26 pm If no one has spoken for James, I'd like to read for him.
Hi Larry yes great will sign you up
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 14th, 2020, 7:46 pm Chief Warder Wooder for me please.

Chris
Hi Chris thanks for claiming
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mshoppespink wrote: May 14th, 2020, 10:56 pm It’s been about 8 years since I’ve read for LV. Can I jump back in and read for Sweedle?
Thanks for claiming I will sign you up to that part
Michele
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

alanmapstone wrote: May 15th, 2020, 2:10 am Wister act 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/justice_wister_1_128kb.mp3

Just to get us started :mrgreen:
Hi Alan that is great and PL OK however just wanted to know what your thoughts were I know he says Blister in the script do you think this is a typo or he is meant to say that.
Michele
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

wib66 wrote: May 14th, 2020, 3:24 pm I didn't realise it would still show the original 50 sorry about the confusion.
I will change the summary as well.

Edited to Add: I have now filled in the MW and have used 41 this is the final setting. I have also edited the summary.

Thanks
I eliminated the extra sections and updated the summary in the MW database.

The MW database all gets filled in when the project template is completed - changes you make after that in the forum do not affect it. So, for example, let me know if you further tweak the summary, etc., so I can update it in the database before cataloging.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

wib66 wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:32 am
Hi Alan that is great and PL OK however just wanted to know what your thoughts were I know he says Blister in the script do you think this is a typo or he is meant to say that.
Hi Michele. I did wonder about that, it does seem more likely a typo than deliberate. I think it is for you as editor to decide. If you want me to redo it I will as it will only take a minute 😸 Odd thing is the same typo occurs in act 4 where Sweedle refers to him as "blister".
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose