[COMPLETE] Radio Boys in the Secret Service by J. W. Duffield - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kparker

Post by kparker »

Hello,
I would like to claim section 15. I am a new reader so please put me down as kparker.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Lector1 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 12:39 pm I don't know if you have one yet, but I'll be your DPL if you want.
I'd be glad to have you join us!
If you haven't done a DPL project before, please read this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680

I'll also send you a PM later to make sure we're on the same page.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

kparker wrote: June 18th, 2020, 9:43 am Hello,
I would like to claim section 15. I am a new reader so please put me down as kparker.
I'll save this for you pending your one-minute test as noted on your claim in the other project where I am BC.
~ Larry
DelaneyNoelle

Post by DelaneyNoelle »

Hi! Can I claim Chapter 10?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

DelaneyNoelle wrote: June 19th, 2020, 11:02 am Hi! Can I claim Chapter 10?
Yes, thank you!
~ Larry
ryfink

Post by ryfink »

Hi,

I'd like to claim chapter 23, Taking the ''Wireless'' Out of ''Wireless Shoes'', please.

I haven't done many Librivox recordings in a while, and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. The instructions say to read numbers 6 through 8. I don't see those numbers. Is part of the post cut off?

Thanks,
Ryan
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." - G.K. Chesterton
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ryfink wrote: June 19th, 2020, 1:08 pm Hi,

I'd like to claim chapter 23, Taking the ''Wireless'' Out of ''Wireless Shoes'', please.

I haven't done many Librivox recordings in a while, and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. The instructions say to read numbers 6 through 8. I don't see those numbers. Is part of the post cut off?

Thanks,
Ryan

Welcome to the project!
Where are you seeing instructions about numbers 6 through 8?
~ Larry
ryfink

Post by ryfink »

silverquill wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:13 pm
ryfink wrote: June 19th, 2020, 1:08 pm Hi,

Thanks,
Ryan

Welcome to the project!
Where are you seeing instructions about numbers 6 through 8?
Hi! I am seeing the instructions about numbers 6 through 8 here:

"How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording."
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." - G.K. Chesterton
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ryfink wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:49 pm

Hi! I am seeing the instructions about numbers 6 through 8 here:

"How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording."
Ah, I see. I'm not sure what happened, but there seems to be an issue with the template so that the sections after 5 don't have numbers, but they are there just below the MW with those subject heads.

Just checked another project and don's see that issue, so I'll see if I can figure out how to correct the HTML so it reads correctly.

Just read all the directions and you'll be fine.
Thanks for pointing this ou.
~ Larry
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

The missing numbers, points 6 to 8, are probably just leftover from the old template, before the overhaul of the whole system. I will check to see if this is one the wish list of things to fix during the next overhaul.

ETA: If you look at Phil's project for Bunny Brothers, you can see where the 6, 7 and 8 are supposed to go. I don't know if he makes the change himself, but I think I will go back through my projects to see if they are there, and put them there if not.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

silverquill wrote: June 18th, 2020, 11:19 am
kparker wrote: June 18th, 2020, 9:43 am Hello,
I'll save this for you pending your one-minute test as noted on your claim in the other project where I am BC.
Please see my note on the American Leaders project, and my notes on your one-minute test.
I'll assign your section when you have that squared away.
~ Larry
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

I just finished prooflistening section 2. I don't know how to check the audio, but the recordings don't seem to loud or too quiet. I am also not sure if someone has already listened to these recordings. It just says "PL OK" in the MW, and I'm guessing that means it's OK to prooflisten. I read through all of the posts and none of them give feedback on this section. Can anyone tell me how to check the audio? This is the only section I listened to today. I'll get to more tomorrow. I'll probably finish up prooflistening all of the completed sections on Monday or Tuesday.
ryfink

Post by ryfink »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/radioboyssecretservice_23_duffield_128kb.mp3(10:26)

I had fun with this. Thanks! :)

Just so I know for in the future, if I only want to overwrite part of a recorded section in Audacity, how do I do it? Every time I press record, it jumps to the very end and starts recording from there.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Lector1 wrote: June 21st, 2020, 12:08 pm I just finished prooflistening section 2. I don't know how to check the audio, but the recordings don't seem to loud or too quiet. I am also not sure if someone has already listened to these recordings. It just says "PL OK" in the MW, and I'm guessing that means it's OK to prooflisten. I read through all of the posts and none of them give feedback on this section. Can anyone tell me how to check the audio? This is the only section I listened to today. I'll get to more tomorrow. I'll probably finish up prooflistening all of the completed sections on Monday or Tuesday.
Sorry, I forgot to sent you a PM.
Will do that now and answer all of your questions.
~ Larry
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Lector1 now has access to the MW, thank you!

I don't know if Larry mentioned this part of things in his PM, but Lector1 will have to access the MW for the first time. Here are the instructions on how to do that, just in case Larry did not give them to you. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ

Also, what name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!