COMPLETE The Misses Mallett, by E.H. Young - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you, Cadastra! Just a comment on the DC offset/bias. DC offset becomes a problem when it's visible in the waveform like so:
It's then that it hinders smooth editing and creates the clicks you mention. Any amount of DC offset under the value of 100 is not a problem. Actually I think the Checker flags the DC offset (in the Validation tab) only when above the value of 250.
So no problem with the DC bias for now :D
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 20th, 2020, 4:07 pm Thank you, Cadastra! Just a comment on the DC offset/bias. DC offset becomes a problem when it's visible in the waveform like so:
It's then that it hinders smooth editing and creates the clicks you mention. Any amount of DC offset under the value of 100 is not a problem. Actually I think the Checker flags the DC offset (in the Validation tab) only when above the value of 250.
So no problem with the DC bias for now :D
Got it! Thank you. I did a lot of research on the forums a while ago but wasn’t able to find a clear answer.
mycatmissesme

Post by mycatmissesme »

Thanks, Cadastra!

I did use the noise reduction on part 2, but I don't remember the value and I don't think I can see it now, can I? So I just won't use it on part 3 and see how that sounds.

I cut the empty space at the beginning of pt 1, but couldn't hear either of the noises you mention. Maybe they were in the first version I uploaded, before I realized I had left out the author's name and uploaded a corrected one? Anyway, I'll upload it again.
Anne Erickson, Toronto
mycatmissesme

Post by mycatmissesme »

OK, I found the bangs. Sorry, I forgot that .31 would show as 31 on the Audacity scale. Here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/the_misses_mallett_young_pt01_ae_128kb.mp3

Anne
Anne Erickson, Toronto
mycatmissesme

Post by mycatmissesme »

Anne Erickson, Toronto
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Section 3 PL notes: This reading sounds great. The only issue is that part of the word "house" is missing at 23:13. Also, the volume is a little low at 86.9 dB. We aim for 89 dB, with an acceptable range of 87-91 dB-ish depending on who you ask. The volume of your file is right on the edge, so whether or not you want to fix it depends on how picky you are. :wink: Re: noise reduction, this file sounds much better than Section 2.

Section 1 is now PL OK.
mycatmissesme

Post by mycatmissesme »

Thanks, Cadastra. I can now see the previously unnoticed and valuable work of the listeners!

I corrected the paragraph at 23, but did not rerecord the whole chapter. Here's the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/the_misses_mallett_young_pt03_ae_128kb.mp3

I do hope the difference in the noise level is not due to my AC being on or off, because it's been very hot here in Toronto!
Anne Erickson, Toronto
mycatmissesme

Post by mycatmissesme »

Anne Erickson, Toronto
mycatmissesme

Post by mycatmissesme »

Anne Erickson, Toronto
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Hi Anne! Part 4 and Part 5 have the same listen link--is this an error?
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

mycatmissesme wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 12:47 pm Thanks, Cadastra. I can now see the previously unnoticed and valuable work of the listeners!

I corrected the paragraph at 23, but did not rerecord the whole chapter. Here's the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/the_misses_mallett_young_pt03_ae_128kb.mp3

I do hope the difference in the noise level is not due to my AC being on or off, because it's been very hot here in Toronto!
You are welcome! Part 3 is PL OK now.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

cadastra wrote: August 29th, 2020, 9:09 am Hi Anne! Part 4 and Part 5 have the same listen link--is this an error?
Thank you for noticing! I went looking in my uploader folder and found it: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/the_misses_mallett_young_pt05_ae_128kb.mp3
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Thanks, Rapunzelina! Parts 4 and 5 both sound beautiful and are PL OK.
mycatmissesme

Post by mycatmissesme »

Anne Erickson, Toronto
mycatmissesme

Post by mycatmissesme »

Sorry--found a mistake, fixed it, and then realized I didn't use the right format for the mp3 name. Here's the corrected version:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/the_misses_mallett_young_pt06_ae_128kb.mp3

18:58
Anne Erickson, Toronto