COMPLETE: [SOLO] Tarzan and the Ant Men by Edgar Rice Burroughs - dii

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

Tarzan and the Ant Men by Edgar Rice Burroughs (1875 - 1950).

All files are available on our catalog page here: https://librivox.org/tarzan-and-the-ant-men-by-edgar-rice-burroughs/
Lord Greystoke, Tarzan of the Apes, is embroiled in thrilling adventures among the tiny, warlike Minunians. ( Matthew Reece)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/61837
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Tarzan and the Ant Men. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Tarzan and the Ant Men, by Edgar Rice Burroughs. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Tarzan and the Ant Men by Edgar Rice Burroughs. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Tarzan and the Ant Men, by Edgar Rice Burroughs. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename tarzanandtheantmen_##_burroughs_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. tarzanandtheantmen_01_burroughs_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Edgar Rice Burroughs
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Tarzan and the Ant Men

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: dii - dii
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
"After the dazzle of day is gone,
Only the dark, dark night shows to my eyes the stars;
After the clangor of organ majestic, or chorus, or perfect band,
Silent, athwart my soul, moves the symphony true."
Walt Whitman
dii

Post by dii »

Hi Matthew,

I can MC this for you. Will be back with the MW shortly!
Diana
dii

Post by dii »

MW is up. I'll leave us here for a bit to see if we can find a DPL :)
Diana
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

dii wrote: May 10th, 2020, 7:27 am MW is up. I'll leave us here for a bit to see if we can find a DPL :)
Thank you so much! I will get to work on the sections.
Matt
Walt Whitman
loon

Post by loon »

Edgar Rice Burroughs! I could DPL, if you wish.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
dii

Post by dii »

loon wrote: May 11th, 2020, 10:36 am Edgar Rice Burroughs! I could DPL, if you wish.
Perfect, thank you! I will add you to the MW and move us to Going Solo.

Matt, please fill in the titles in the Window when you get the chance :)
Diana
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

dii wrote: May 11th, 2020, 11:53 am
loon wrote: May 11th, 2020, 10:36 am Edgar Rice Burroughs! I could DPL, if you wish.
Perfect, thank you! I will add you to the MW and move us to Going Solo.

Matt, please fill in the titles in the Window when you get the chance :)
Thanks to you both! It hss been a while since my last solo... Can you please remind me how to access the MW? I tried the BC Admin link, but I am not sure of my credentials and couldn't find them in old threads or messages.
Thanks-
Matt
Walt Whitman
dii

Post by dii »

Try your forum username and forum password combination. If that doesn't work, you can enter only your username and click Forgot password. You will receive an email with a link where you can create a new password and then log in :)
Diana
loon

Post by loon »

reecedawg wrote: May 11th, 2020, 12:23 pm It hss been a while since my last solo... Can you please remind me how to access the MW? I tried the BC Admin link, but I am not sure of my credentials and couldn't find them in old threads or messages.
Thanks-
Matt
I can never remember that myself. You do go to
https://librivox.org/workflow
and login with a different password but I don't remember what I went through to set that up. I find it helpful use two different browsers and let them keep things sorted out for me - Chrome to fill things in the Magic Window and Firefox to visit forums.librivox.org.
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

dii wrote: May 11th, 2020, 12:35 pm Try your forum username and forum password combination. If that doesn't work, you can enter only your username and click Forgot password. You will receive an email with a link where you can create a new password and then log in :)
Hmm... tried this, but the password reset email isn't showing up. Not even in my spam folder. :(

Sorry to be a pain!
Matt
Walt Whitman
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

Update: Ava is helping out with the access issue. Turns out, the email address that workflow was sending reset messages to was an obsolete one. Should be up and running soon. :-)
Walt Whitman
dii

Post by dii »

Great! :thumbs:
Diana
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

Chapter I is up and ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dii/tarzanandtheantmen_01_burroughs.mp3

24:21

EDIT: I updated the MW with the link and Ready for PL status, as well as editing the MW meta for the first section. Please let me know if there is more or less I should be doing for each section. :-)
Walt Whitman
loon

Post by loon »

reecedawg wrote: May 15th, 2020, 10:05 pm Chapter I is up and ready for PL!

EDIT: I updated the MW with the link and Ready for PL status, as well as editing the MW meta for the first section. Please let me know if there is more or less I should be doing for each section. :-)
A couple notes -
The file name should be https://librivox.org/uploads/dii/tarzanandtheantmen_01_burroughs_128kb.mp3 - you left out the "_128kb" bit. You should upload the chapter again with the proper filename (unless Diana, our noble MC, jumps in to say this can be fixed at publication time.)
You should include the segment length (24:21 in this chapter) in the Magic Window "Notes" section. I've fixed it for you in chapter 1, you can do it for the rest as you upload them. (The chapter lengths and the calculated total running time are needed for the final published book when it gets into the LV catalog.)

At around 4:33, I hear 'by the scintilating gleams' - the text says 'by the scintillant gleams' (yes, I'm reading along!) - This doesn't change the context of the story a bit, so it's no problem.
At around 13:34, I hear you swallow right between "not brought him good food" and "nor beer" - there couldn't be a better place for a gulp!

I've marked the chapter 'See PL Notes' - I'll change that to 'PL OK' once you're uploaded again with the correct filename (be sure to change the 'Listen URL' in the Magic Window as well).

We're off! A good read and an exciting first chapter. I knew I would like this book - I can't wait for the Ant Men to appear.
reecedawg

Post by reecedawg »

loon wrote: May 15th, 2020, 11:18 pm
reecedawg wrote: May 15th, 2020, 10:05 pm Chapter I is up and ready for PL!

A couple notes -
The file name should be https://librivox.org/uploads/dii/tarzanandtheantmen_01_burroughs_128kb.mp3 - you left out the "_128kb" bit. You should upload the chapter again with the proper filename (unless Diana, our noble MC, jumps in to say this can be fixed at publication time.)
You should include the segment length (24:21 in this chapter) in the Magic Window "Notes" section. I've fixed it for you in chapter 1, you can do it for the rest as you upload them. (The chapter lengths and the calculated total running time are needed for the final published book when it gets into the LV catalog.)

At around 4:33, I hear 'by the scintilating gleams' - the text says 'by the scintillant gleams' (yes, I'm reading along!) - This doesn't change the context of the story a bit, so it's no problem.
At around 13:34, I hear you swallow right between "not brought him good food" and "nor beer" - there couldn't be a better place for a gulp!

I've marked the chapter 'See PL Notes' - I'll change that to 'PL OK' once you're uploaded again with the correct filename (be sure to change the 'Listen URL' in the Magic Window as well).

We're off! A good read and an exciting first chapter. I knew I would like this book - I can't wait for the Ant Men to appear.
OK - filename corrected, uploaded, and updated in the MW. I left the audio issues as-is, but I am happy to edit them if necessary.
Thanks!
Matt
Walt Whitman