[COMPLETE] Kangaroo by D. H. Lawrence-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
williamjones
Posts: 1247
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » July 27th, 2020, 5:35 pm

Mooninya wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 12:09 pm
Hi, can I have 26 (12.2 The Nightmare)? I have yet to find the words "they waited for that day" lol
Hello Mooninya,
I see that you've already recorded several sections on other projects, so there's no question that your computer and software
recording settings are properly set.

However, I had promised sections 25 and 26 to BrizeCrize a week ago and just earlier this evening entered these assignments into the Magic Window. So, I am sorry, but the section you want is not available.

I am going to send you a Private Message (PM) in a few minutes.

Hope to see you around in the Librivox Playground!
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

BrizeCrize
Posts: 43
Joined: June 20th, 2020, 2:36 pm
Location: USA

Post by BrizeCrize » July 29th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Hello, attached is section 25, or Chapter 12, part 2, from "It was Christmastime..." to "Oh, I shall go." (pg 507-533, approx)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_25_lawrence_128kb.mp3

I'll be working on section 26 next.

Thanks,

williamjones
Posts: 1247
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » July 29th, 2020, 3:24 pm

BrizeCrize wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Hello, attached is section 25, or Chapter 12, part 2, from "It was Christmastime..." to "Oh, I shall go." (pg 507-533, approx)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_25_lawrence_128kb.mp3

I'll be working on section 26 next.

Thanks,
Thanks for Section 25, Brize.
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

Murphy8104
Posts: 55
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Post by Murphy8104 » July 30th, 2020, 7:13 am

I have uploaded both parts of Chapter 14 for your review. (LAwrence is really introspective here) These are Sections 29 and 30.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_29_lawrence_128kb.mp3__.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_30_lawrence_128kb.mp3__.mp3

Chapter 14.1 22:48 and 89.6 db
Chapter 14.2 16:59 and 88.2 db

I'll look for your response and check to see if there are other chapter readings needed.

Thanks Bill.
Lisa

Murphy8104
Posts: 55
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Post by Murphy8104 » July 30th, 2020, 7:15 am

I'd be happy to read 8.2 Volcanic Evidence - Section 18.
Just let me know.

Thanks.
Lisa

williamjones
Posts: 1247
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » July 30th, 2020, 7:25 am

Thank you Lisa -- it must be Xmas because you're getting everything you want!!
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

williamjones
Posts: 1247
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » July 30th, 2020, 7:36 am

I've had no takers on sections 35 and 36 "Kangaroo is killed", and because they're the last unassigned sections for this project, I am assigning them to williamjones.
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

BrizeCrize
Posts: 43
Joined: June 20th, 2020, 2:36 pm
Location: USA

Post by BrizeCrize » July 31st, 2020, 12:56 pm

Good Day. Attached is section 26, consisting of Chapter 12, part 3, from "They waited for the day..." to "...see John Thomas again soon" (roughly pg 533-559). I guess that's the end of the road for me on this book (unless something is amiss, of course). Thanks for the opportunity to...recite.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_26_lawrence_128kb.mp3

williamjones
Posts: 1247
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » August 2nd, 2020, 5:50 am

Murphy8104 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 7:13 am
I have uploaded both parts of Chapter 14 for your review. (LAwrence is really introspective here) These are Sections 29 and 30.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_29_lawrence_128kb.mp3__.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_30_lawrence_128kb.mp3__.mp3

Chapter 14.1 22:48 and 89.6 db
Chapter 14.2 16:59 and 88.2 db

I'll look for your response and check to see if there are other chapter readings needed.

Thanks Bill.
Lisa

** PL NOTES **

Lisa, thank you for these two sections but....
BOTH sections' file names are incorrect.

Both end with "...128kb.mp3__.mp3"
but the correct file names must end with "...128kb.mp3"
i.e., no additional UNDERSCORE characters and no duplicate ".mp3"

Please re-upload these files with the correct file names
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

williamjones
Posts: 1247
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » August 2nd, 2020, 6:39 am

Brize, Sections 25 and 26 are PL OK!!
Good on ya Mate.
I was afraid Somers was going to get outta town before the story ends!
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

williamjones
Posts: 1247
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » August 2nd, 2020, 6:53 am

williamjones wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 7:05 am
BrizeCrize wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 12:50 pm
Chapter 10, part 2, has been uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_21_lawrence_128kb.mp3

I'd also like to sign up for Chapter 12 (24-27) if still available. Thanks
PL NOTES for section 21

You must have had a rough day yesterday, Brize!
your Section 21 has no INTRO. Gotta have that on every file.
Hi, Brize, I see in my notes that I PLed your corrected section 21 yesterday.
It is PL OK !!
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

Murphy8104
Posts: 55
Joined: April 15th, 2020, 9:39 am

Post by Murphy8104 » August 4th, 2020, 12:43 pm

I'm pleased to add Chapter 8 Part 2....a.k.a. Section 18.

I've uploaded to the link below
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/Kangaroo_18_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Length: 20:47 91.6 decibels

Let me know if there's changes to make. Next project maybe I'll read chapters in order so I have better sense of the storyline! :)

Thanks.
Lisa

williamjones
Posts: 1247
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » August 4th, 2020, 1:53 pm

Murphy8104 wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 12:43 pm
I'm pleased to add Chapter 8 Part 2....a.k.a. Section 18.

I've uploaded to the link below
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/Kangaroo_18_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Length: 20:47 91.6 decibels

Let me know if there's changes to make. Next project maybe I'll read chapters in order so I have better sense of the storyline! :)

Thanks.
Lisa
Yaaaaay! Thanks Lisa
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

KevinS
Posts: 9024
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » August 4th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Section 1 corrections! Finally, Comrade! Yes?


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_01_lawrence_128kb.mp3 (23:40)
What? What's that? Why are you shouting?

williamjones
Posts: 1247
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » August 4th, 2020, 8:23 pm

KevinS wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 7:27 pm
Section 1 corrections! Finally, Comrade! Yes?


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_01_lawrence_128kb.mp3 (23:40)
Да, конечно. Спасибо.

Iron Butterfly!!! brings back memories.
Bill says:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else."
-Margaret Mead

Post Reply