[COMPLETE] Kangaroo by D. H. Lawrence-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

mightyfelix wrote: July 9th, 2020, 6:26 pm I'm just jumping in for a quick correction here. The volume range you gave below is almost, but not quite, right:
williamjones wrote: July 9th, 2020, 5:21 pm The volume of your file is 84.4 dB, well below the preferred 89 to 92.
(emphasis mine)

In fact, the ideal is 89 dB. We accept a range of 86-92. :)
Thanks for the clarification!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 14 PL OK!

There is, however, a buzz at about 7:20 that you could likely correct with a quick 'cleaning.'
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

KevinS wrote: July 9th, 2020, 7:55 pm Section 14 PL OK!

There is, however, a buzz at about 7:20 that you could likely correct with a quick 'cleaning.'
Thanks, Kevin. I'll tend to it right now.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

williamjones wrote: July 9th, 2020, 8:10 pm
KevinS wrote: July 9th, 2020, 7:55 pm Section 14 PL OK!

Thanks, Kevin. I'll tend to it right now.
Great reading! I listened to all of the chapter, of course, and can't quite get my head around this being Lawrence.

As I think I told you, I'll attend to my previous bungled sections as soon as I catch up on some other work.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Kevin, yes I got that.
Thanks. Plenty of time.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Murphy8104

Post by Murphy8104 »

I have just uploaded 2 of the 3 sections for Chapter 16.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_32_lawrence_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_33_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Section 32 - 91.6 db 22 minutes 50 seconds

Section 33 - 89.2 db 31 minutes 41 seconds

I'll get started on Section 34 this week.

Let me know if "PL" is OK.
Thanks.
Lisa
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

BrizeCrize wrote: July 9th, 2020, 3:29 pm I'm kind of new, so I may have left something out, but If so, let me know and I'll fix it. If I don't hear back, I'll start on the next section. Thanks.

PS I didn't do any sort of effects or leveling (was a little intimidated by on the Audacity options) but it I need to , please advise. I'm sure I'll improve as I get a little more experience in the software. Thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kangaroo_20_lawrence_128kb.mp3

PPS I forgot to copy the 'tag' the first time, so there may be two copies of this file in your upload area.
A Full PL pass prompted these comments:
Nice job Brize!
Only these 3 comments:
2:44 Heard "at the massed FOIL-age of the cliff-slope"
s/b "at the massed fol-iage of the cliff-slope"

16:49.5 heard " the great gold eh-floo-gence to seaward"
s/b " the great gold eh-FUL-gence to seaward"

18:51 heard "Jack looked up first. The two women _COOed_ and waved"
s/b "Jack looked up first. The two women KOO-EE-ED_ and waved"
Coo-ee is like the America call "SUU-EEEE" to livestock to come back home. Chapter 5 in this book named Coo-ee, by the way.

I look forward to seeing that you've posted a corrected file so that I can give it a PL-OK!

PS: you can forget about the TAG stuff; And, be sure to make your word-corrections starting at the END of the file so that my time marks will stay valid.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

You're a champ in my books, Kevin!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

kangaroo_29_lawrence_128Kbcor.mps has been uploaded. (added the 'cor' suffix to distinguish from my first effort).
Thanks for the careful listening, that dang foliage has been a bugaboo of mine for a while. I THINK I have the correct Coo-ee-ed now (had to stop and think back to the last time I rounded up the pigs :? ) Also raised the Db's to 89, and it didn't seem to create any clipping, so I think it'll be OK. Regarding edits, because of my inexperience with Audacity and specifically jumping around the waveform, I'm in the habit of opening a new session to create paste-over edits, which I THINK will keep the relative locations largely intact. Please advise if that method creates any problems.
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Oops, that 20, not 29
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

BrizeCrize wrote: July 13th, 2020, 2:19 pm kangaroo_29_lawrence_128Kbcor.mps has been uploaded. (added the 'cor' suffix to distinguish from my first effort).
Thanks for the careful listening, that dang foliage has been a bugaboo of mine for a while. I THINK I have the correct Coo-ee-ed now (had to stop and think back to the last time I rounded up the pigs :? ) Also raised the Db's to 89, and it didn't seem to create any clipping, so I think it'll be OK. Regarding edits, because of my inexperience with Audacity and specifically jumping around the waveform, I'm in the habit of opening a new session to create paste-over edits, which I THINK will keep the relative locations largely intact. Please advise if that method creates any problems.
Thanks Brize.
Please just use the specified name for each file you upload. The system automatically identifies older versions.

I not quite sure what you mean by "opening a new session to create paste-over edits". I encourage you to take a look at Phil Chenevert's video on how to edit files in Audacity here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKfcj9MZUsY

I'm going to go thru the whole file you just uploaded with the incorrect name to see whether the fixes have been applied and whether anything else is amiss. I'll get back to you.

Thanks again.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
acousticwave

Post by acousticwave »

williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Thank you, Angela!
I'll be doing a lot of PLing today and will check your file.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison