[COMPLETE] Kangaroo by D. H. Lawrence-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

williamjones wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:57 pm PL Notes for section 1 & 2

I kinda feel bad about mentioning some slips in your recitations, Kevin.
Why? Because your recitions are so darned good! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It has been a while since I've listened to one of your sections. I am gob smacked at how good you've become. Wow!

In these two sections there is mention a particular flower, the DAHLIA, as in the famous book and movie, "The Black Dahlia". Can't figure out why, but when you first read the text your brain dropped a stitch and said Delilah, the name of Samson's barber(!) and wife come out of your mouth. Every time that flower's name (DAHLIA) appeared, you said DAHLILAH. I think I found them all and their positions appear in PL Notes.

AND I KNOW WHY!!! You made that simple error just to make us more mortal readers feel better. :)

PART 1 PLnotes
12:38 heard “I suppose WE must,"
s/b “I suppose you must,"
(kinda trivial)

14:50 heard "Dalilahs" (Samson's biblical barber)
s/b "Dahlias"
error repeated twice in the next sentence, too.

19:56 Repeated: "the roused spirit of the bush"

PART 2 PL notes

1:06 Daliliahs again!! s/b Dahlias
2:19 again
3:15 again
5:12
5:14
6:25

6:01 repeat "Come and see!"

14:20 Repeated: "It is the distinction between the proletariat"

This is really a good presentation, Kevin. I hope you'll take more sections in this project. :clap: :thumbs:
Thank you for the encouragment.

I'll get on these corrections as soon as I can. Been feeling a bit under the weather and hosting a sibling. Uff!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ooooh, I guess I'm supposed to PL Sections 22 and 23, but I haven't a clue about the plot or the characters. I wonder if Kevin might do a better job of it? One thing I don't like about chapter books is the readers have no idea what went before or comes after unless they read the book, or scan it, or at least read the cliff notes.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

msfry wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:26 pm Ooooh, I guess I'm supposed to PL Sections 22 and 23, but I haven't a clue about the plot or the characters. I wonder if Kevin might do a better job of it? One thing I don't like about chapter books is the readers have no idea what went before or comes after unless they read the book, or scan it, or at least read the cliff notes.
There's no need to do it yourself if you can find someone who is willing to PL these sections. If need be, of course, you know that you can always go over to Listeners Wanted and advertise for someone there.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Kevin,
You said you were under the weather now, but could you PL my section 22 and 23 (when it's uploaded)?
I would very much appreciate it.
Lemme know please.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Murphy8104

Post by Murphy8104 »

Hello. I'd like to read Section 6 and Section 7 if they are still available.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Lisa
msfry

Post by msfry »

Murphy8104 wrote: June 6th, 2020, 5:05 pm Hello. I'd like to read Section 6 and Section 7 if they are still available.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Lisa
Chapters in this project have been broken down into smaller parts so no file is too long a commitment in one sitting. Chapter 4 is comprised of sections 6, 7 and 8. Would you care to claim them all? This is not mandatory but helps with continuity as the characters and venues change somewhat from one chapter to the next.
Murphy8104

Post by Murphy8104 »

Yes, I'd be happy to do all of Chapter 4....Section 6, 7,8. Please confirm.

Also, can you let me know how to add the ID Tags referenced in Audacity? Thanks.
Lisa
msfry

Post by msfry »

Murphy8104 wrote: June 7th, 2020, 8:43 am Yes, I'd be happy to do all of Chapter 4....Section 6, 7,8. Please confirm.

Also, can you let me know how to add the ID Tags referenced in Audacity? Thanks.
Lisa
Alright, you're in for the whole chapter! :D
You can ignore ID tags as these can be filled in upon cataloguing, but I usually put them so they display in my own files. In this case,
Kangaroo as Album name, D. H. Lawrence as author, and what shows in the MW for Title.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: June 7th, 2020, 8:51 am
Murphy8104 wrote: June 7th, 2020, 8:43 am Yes, I'd be happy to do all of Chapter 4....Section 6, 7,8. Please confirm.

Lisa
Alright, you're in for the whole chapter! :D
You can ignore ID tags as these can be filled in upon cataloguing, but I usually put them so they display in my own files. In this case,
Kangaroo as Album name, D. H. Lawrence as author, and what shows in the MW for Title.
You're all set up and your claims now appear in the Magic Window.
Have fun!
The Australians are known as the most balanced of all peoples.
Why? Because they all have a chip on BOTH shoulders.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Bill, I have set this project up for you per agreement, and have preclaimed the cover. I will proof listen your sections per agreement as Kevin has not responded to your invite. And now, seeing that you have access to the MW as DPL and have jumped in already to BC, I can turn management over to you for the remainder of the project. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask but I'm sure you'll do fine. And have fun! Another D. H. Lawrence will be a nice addition to the catalogue.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Thanks, Michele.
I'll do the best I can.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

msfry wrote: June 7th, 2020, 9:05 am Bill, I have set this project up for you per agreement, and have preclaimed the cover. I will proof listen your sections per agreement as Kevin has not responded to your invite. And now, seeing that you have access to the MW as DPL and have jumped in already to BC, I can turn management over to you for the remainder of the project. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask but I'm sure you'll do fine. And have fun! Another D. H. Lawrence will be a nice addition to the catalogue.
I'd just like to confirm, Michele. Are you saying that you are no longer BCing this project, and Bill is? I don't have a problem with making this change, but I do need to know so that I can make the necessary changes in the database.
msfry

Post by msfry »

mightyfelix wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:21 am
msfry wrote: June 7th, 2020, 9:05 am Bill, I have set this project up for you per agreement, and have preclaimed the cover. I will proof listen your sections per agreement as Kevin has not responded to your invite. And now, seeing that you have access to the MW as DPL and have jumped in already to BC, I can turn management over to you for the remainder of the project. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask but I'm sure you'll do fine. And have fun! Another D. H. Lawrence will be a nice addition to the catalogue.
I'd just like to confirm, Michele. Are you saying that you are no longer BCing this project, and Bill is? I don't have a problem with making this change, but I do need to know so that I can make the necessary changes in the database.
Our partnership was that I would set up the project and shadow BC while he gets more experience. This way we both have access to the MW, and I can claim the cover. The project is sufficiently under way now so I'm letting him know he should greet the claimants and manage the MW himself. I'll keep an eye on things in case of any snags.
One issue left is the extra section at the bottom, which only the MC can delete.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

msfry wrote: June 7th, 2020, 12:29 pm
mightyfelix wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:21 am
Our partnership was that I would set up the project and shadow BC while he gets more experience. This way we both have access to the MW, and I can claim the cover. The project is sufficiently under way now so I'm letting him know he should greet the claimants and manage the MW himself. I'll keep an eye on things in case of any snags.
One issue left is the extra section at the bottom, which only the MC can delete.
Oh, I didn't know there was a section to be deleted. I'll take care of it.