(Complete) Coffee Break Collection #28 - HOBBIES - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Bill. Poultry is PL OK, and I enjoyed the trip down memory lane (I used to raise chickens). I've bookmarked the whole book on Hobbies for a future project and wish I'd found it earlier for this one. Good read. Good find.

Lynne, I've adjusted the summary and the cover is ready to go, so the rest is up to you. Let me know if I need to do something more.

Thanks to all our readers for their enthusiastic participation!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Will set this going tomorrow.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

msfry wrote: September 6th, 2020, 7:46 am Illustrative and Decorative Impulse is PL OK. I LOVE that word "superfluity". I used it in a poem I wrote 28 years ago about Modern Poetry,

"I sleep disturbed and dream I've drowned
In disconnected superfluity."

I gotta find another opportunity to use that word! :mrgreen:
If I believed in reincarnation, I would say that I lived life as a monastic monk who worked on illuminated manuscripts from dawn to dusk. In another life, I would have been one of those women who made tapestries.
msfry

Post by msfry »

RitaBoutros wrote: September 11th, 2020, 5:32 am If I believed in reincarnation, I would say that I lived life as a monastic monk who worked on illuminated manuscripts from dawn to dusk. In another life, I would have been one of those women who made tapestries.
Maybe we'll meet up there! I'll be working alongside Cadfiel growing herbs and making potions. I'll bring you hot tea in one of my home thrown pottery mugs. :lol:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

There are a few discrepancies. Please advise:

On the server but not in the MW:

heavythreads
liverpoolin1860-1870
mcqueenpart1
mcqueenpart2
popeschessgame
zimbabwe
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: September 11th, 2020, 9:03 am There are a few discrepancies. Please advise:

On the server but not in the MW:

heavythreads
liverpoolin1860-1870
mcqueenpart1
mcqueenpart2
popeschessgame
zimbabwe
I have no idea what this means. McQueen Part 1 and 2 are not in this collection (we disallowed them as too long). and I don't recognize the others. The MW is filled in with 20 selections, all accurate.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

You may want to rework the summary.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: September 11th, 2020, 9:30 am You may want to rework the summary.
I did that yesterday and told you I had. Is there something wrong with it?
This is the 28th Coffee Break Collection, in which Librivox readers select and read stories or poems, fiction or non-fiction pieces of fifteen minutes' duration or less, suitable for short commutes and coffee breaks. The subject for this collection is "HOBBIES"... and the collection is full after 20 pieces have been submitted.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

msfry wrote: September 11th, 2020, 9:39 am
This is the 28th Coffee Break Collection, in which Librivox readers select and read stories or poems, fiction or non-fiction pieces of fifteen minutes' duration or less, suitable for short commutes and coffee breaks. The subject for this collection is "HOBBIES"... and the collection is full after 20 pieces have been submitted.
We don't usually tell listeners that the collection is closed... it is obvious if it is in the catalog. But if you're sure...
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: September 11th, 2020, 9:41 am
msfry wrote: September 11th, 2020, 9:39 am
We don't usually tell listeners that the collection is closed... it is obvious if it is in the catalog. But if you're sure...
I changed it slightly again, to indicate our process, which I find interesting and hope our listeners will too. Maybe they will come across a story they want to include and will pick up their mike or join LV. So please use the very latest version.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/coffee-break-collection-028-hobbies-by-various/

Congratulations, everyone :clap: :clap: :clap: