[COMPLETE] The Law by Frédéric Bastiat-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Re-upped Section 1 a little slower tempo. New time 16:08.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

MightyFelix,
After having listened to Michele's reading of section 1, it seems clear to me that section 2 is a logical extension of that section ; so if it's OK with you and with Michele I'd like to relinquish my bid for section 2 in HER favor and add Section 4 to my assignment.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

I will take Section 2, for I was thinking the same thing.
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

OK. that's fine. I tried to find logical spots to break it up into sections, but haven't read word for word the whole text. If any of the breaks seem out of place, let me know too.
April
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I didn't explain myself adequately.
I envision Michele doing sections 1 & 2 by herself, and I would do sections 3 & 4 by myself.
I hope that's OK.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

Sure, yes. :) I understood. They are assigned to her in the MW.

I just meant to note that since I've never really chopped up a text into sections before, I'm open to other opinions if later on someone thinks a section ends in a weird place.

So, Michele has 1 & 2, and William has 3 & 4 now. Thanks.
April
msfry

Post by msfry »

LikeManyWaters wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:49 pm Sure, yes. :) I understood. They are assigned to her in the MW.

I just meant to note that since I've never really chopped up a text into sections before, I'm open to other opinions if later on someone thinks a section ends in a weird place.

That is not an uncommon problem, April, and allowing the reader to make the cut in what they deem a more logical place, can make for a better project. It's more of a team effort that way, and more enjoyable in my opinion. :D
I personally don't like recording/editing/getting stuck into an hour long file that can take me what seems like forever to finish. 30 minutes or less suits my patience quotient much better. But of course that is not always possible, for some authors are soooo long winded, or more gracefully put, "have so much to say". And some books are just one loooooong essay!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

LikeManyWaters wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:49 pm Sure, yes. :) I understood. They are assigned to her in the MW.

Just make sure, if you change things, that it doesn't throw off the numbering of other sections that come afterwards and may already be done. I realize that right now, the later sections aren't even assigned, much less finished, but it's something to bear in mind. That kind of thing has caused problems before.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

mightyfelix wrote: May 15th, 2020, 8:23 pm Just make sure, if you change things, that it doesn't throw off the numbering of other sections that come afterwards and may already be done. I realize that right now, the later sections aren't even assigned, much less finished, but it's something to bear in mind. That kind of thing has caused problems before.
How well I remember, from The American Book of the Dog, when I didn't realize that Chapter 5 was 2 hours long, because I was only setting up chapters and citing # of pages, not doing word count. By the time I realized it, 5 people had turned in chapters down below. Fortunately they were all good sports and altered their Intro and Outro to conform. That was one of those "live and learn" episodes, of which I have so many. :oops:
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

Great book! I'll read section 5
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
msfry

Post by msfry »

LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

Thanks you all, I'll update the MW soon.
April
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

williamjones wrote: May 16th, 2020, 5:28 am Bastiat is inspirational!
Yes, isn't he!
April
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I would like to be assigned Section 6, please.
May I?
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison