COMPLETE:Little Women by Louisa May Alcott CL/cs

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cori

Post by Cori »

Yes, that'd be great, Ameira! Good choice of projects for an early recording here. :D

Can you let me know what you want your catalogue name to be..? And do you have a URL you'd like linked in..? (Have a peek at my page if you want to see what this'll look like.) We've also got a handy wiki page if you need to know anything about the basics of recording at LV, but please feel free to just ask, too (here or in a PM) if any questions come up.

Since this is your first recording for LibriVox, I'd really appreciate a little sample file -- perhaps the first paragraph or two of Chap 38..? It's not an audition or to see what your voice is like -- the chapter is Definitely All Yours -- but to make sure all your technical things are in order ... it'd be awful to record all your chapters and find something simple like the bit rate was wrong. :roll: (Voice of experience!) You're welcome to post it here, or email it to me, or send a link in a PM -- whatever works for you.

Good luck, and have fun!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Ameira

Post by Ameira »

Thanks and here you go,

I hope everything is okay :D

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1389416/Chapter38preview.mp3

Oh and my catalogue name can be Ami, thanks.
Cori

Post by Cori »

Ami, thanks! Dropping you a PM about volume and stuff ... nothing awful!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
hols842

Post by hols842 »

Cori wrote:Yes, I'd be very happy for you to! Can you let me know how you'd like to appear in the catalogue, please..? (Your name / pseudonym, and if you have your own URL we can link that too.)
I'm Holly / hols842 ... no URL

thanx
jennette

Post by jennette »

I see you are fully subscribed now, which is great. I'm looking forward to the finished book! If anyone needs to drop a chapter I'd be happy to pick another one up. Just let me know.
hols842

Post by hols842 »

Cori

Post by Cori »

Oooh -- thanks, Holly! Downloading it now as quickly as I can (the interweb is sooooo slow this evening!)
JemmaBlythe

Post by JemmaBlythe »

Hi Cori

Ch 37 New Impressions, 00:25:56, 23.7 MB linked at
http://download.yousendit.com/F989374C75D75025

Cheers JemmaBlythe
Cori

Post by Cori »

Got it, Jemma -- just saving now. Thanks!!
katyleah

Post by katyleah »

Chapter 24 - Gossip

Runtime: 26:00 File size: 24 MB
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1053]katy's catalog[/url]|[url=http://www.kathrynlm.blogspot.com]katy's blog[/url]|[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Kathryn_M.?action=show]katy's wiki[/url]
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thanks Katy. Encore! :D

Chapters 42 - All Alone, 43 - Surprises, 44 - My Lord and Lady have been opened up again, if anyone wants to pick them up here before I go advertising in the Orphans' thread ...
riddleman

Post by riddleman »

Hi!

I'm new and I'd like to tackle chapter 42, "all alone".

Kind regards,

Riddleman
Claire

Post by Claire »

I'd love to take 44 - My Lord and Lady, Cori! :D
Claire

Post by Claire »

Cori

Post by Cori »

Oooh, I do apologise, Riddleman and Claire ... somehow I missed the new posts here entirely!

Claire, thanks for 44! I'm just downloading now.

Riddleman, good to have you here! Excellent choice of starting projects. 42 is all yours. May I ask how you'd like to appear in the catalogue, namewise..? First name, full name or pseudonyms welcome. And do you have a URL you'd like linked in..? (Have a peek at my page if you want to see what this'll look like.)

We've also got a handy wiki page if you need to know anything about the basics of recording at LV, but please feel free to just ask, too (here or in a PM) if any questions come up.

Since this is your first recording for LibriVox, I'd really appreciate a little sample file -- perhaps the first paragraph or two of your choice. Absolutely not an audition or to see what your voice is like -- but to make sure all your technical things are in order ... it'd be awful to record all your chapters and find something simple like the bit rate was wrong. :roll: (Voice of experience!) You're welcome to post it here, or email it to me, or send a link in a PM -- whatever works for you.

Good luck, and have fun!