[Complete] Children's Short Works, Vol. 035 - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shruti612
Posts: 26
Joined: June 2nd, 2020, 1:24 am
Location: Lucknow, India

Post by Shruti612 » June 16th, 2020, 7:17 am

Am I allowed to claim a selection first for reading, or should I directly post my submission? I'm interested in this project (which may be my first on LibriVox!), but it may take me a couple days to complete the recordings, so can I reserve a slot?
Shruti

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11328
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 16th, 2020, 7:41 am

Hi,

There is no claiming in Short Works collections such as this ~ just post it when it is ready!

If this one is full before you submit it, there will be another project started! :-) (They run continuously!)

Horner94
Posts: 878
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Northern Ireland
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » June 16th, 2020, 6:24 pm

Hello,
Here is another contribution:
Author: Mrs. (Mary Louisa) Molesworth, 1839-1921
Title: A Queer Hiding-Place
URL to text: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/38761/38761-h/38761-h.htm#A_Queer_Hiding-Place
Audio recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw035_aqueerhidingplace_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 08:24

Kind regards,
Chad

Shruti612
Posts: 26
Joined: June 2nd, 2020, 1:24 am
Location: Lucknow, India

Post by Shruti612 » June 16th, 2020, 9:52 pm

m8b1 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 7:41 am
Hi,

There is no claiming in Short Works collections such as this ~ just post it when it is ready!

If this one is full before you submit it, there will be another project started! :-) (They run continuously!)
Alright, thanks for the information :)

Shruti612
Posts: 26
Joined: June 2nd, 2020, 1:24 am
Location: Lucknow, India

Post by Shruti612 » June 17th, 2020, 5:50 am

Here is my story for the collection. Please let me know if there are any issues! ^_^

THE GIANT CRAB
From The Giant Crab And Other Tales from Old India
Retold by W. H. D. Rouse (1863-1950)

Gutenberg etext URL:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36039/36039-h/36039-h.htm#ch6

Recording:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw035_giantcrab_ss_128kb.mp3

Length: 05:46 minutes

Read by: Shruti Sinha

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11328
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 17th, 2020, 8:54 am

Shruti612 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 5:50 am
Here is my story for the collection. Please let me know if there are any issues! ^_^

THE GIANT CRAB
From The Giant Crab And Other Tales from Old India
Retold by W. H. D. Rouse (1863-1950)

Gutenberg etext URL:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36039/36039-h/36039-h.htm#ch6

Recording:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw035_giantcrab_ss_128kb.mp3

Length: 05:46 minutes

Read by: Shruti Sinha

Thank you, Shruti! Very nice job! It is PL OK! :-)

Shruti612
Posts: 26
Joined: June 2nd, 2020, 1:24 am
Location: Lucknow, India

Post by Shruti612 » June 17th, 2020, 9:00 am

Thank you so much! :)

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11328
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 17th, 2020, 9:14 am

Horner94 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 6:24 pm
Hello,
Here is another contribution:
Author: Mrs. (Mary Louisa) Molesworth, 1839-1921
Title: A Queer Hiding-Place
URL to text: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/38761/38761-h/38761-h.htm#A_Queer_Hiding-Place
Audio recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw035_aqueerhidingplace_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 08:24

Kind regards,
Chad
Hi Chad,

It is PL OK!

Please watch the pacing between sentences and paragraphs. There were times when thy were running into each other without pausing, and it is hard to follow.

AllisonWoolsey
Posts: 1
Joined: June 16th, 2020, 12:00 pm

Post by AllisonWoolsey » June 17th, 2020, 11:12 pm

Hi -

Here is my first recording of a children's poem, for your consideration: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw035_thelandofcounterpane_robertlouisstevenson_aw_128kb.mp3

'The Land of Counterpane'
Title: A Child's Garden of Verses, Verse 142
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Illustrator: Jessie Willcox Smith
Release Date: May 26, 2008 [EBook #25609]
Language: English
Character set encoding: ISO-8859-1
(GUTENBERG EBOOK A CHILD'S GARDEN OF VERSES)


Please let me know for any questions and looking forward to contributing further. :)

Kind regards,
Allison

Shruti612
Posts: 26
Joined: June 2nd, 2020, 1:24 am
Location: Lucknow, India

Post by Shruti612 » June 18th, 2020, 2:53 am

Another contribution, if it is still needed here, that is 😅

THE DISHONEST FRIEND
From The Giant Crab And Other Tales from Old India
Retold by W. H. D. Rouse (1863-1950)

Gutenberg etext URL:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36039/36039-h/36039-h.htm#ch6

Recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw035_dishonestfriend_ss_128kb.mp3

Length: 03:16 minutes

Read by: Shruti Sinha

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11328
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 18th, 2020, 8:45 am

AllisonWoolsey wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:12 pm
Hi -

Here is my first recording of a children's poem, for your consideration: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw035_thelandofcounterpane_robertlouisstevenson_aw_128kb.mp3

'The Land of Counterpane'
Title: A Child's Garden of Verses, Verse 142
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Illustrator: Jessie Willcox Smith
Release Date: May 26, 2008 [EBook #25609]
Language: English
Character set encoding: ISO-8859-1
(GUTENBERG EBOOK A CHILD'S GARDEN OF VERSES)


Please let me know for any questions and looking forward to contributing further. :)

Kind regards,
Allison
Hi Allison,

Welcome to Librivox! Poetry submissions should be submitted to the Short Poetry Collection, which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=80517

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11328
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 18th, 2020, 9:05 am

Shruti612 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 2:53 am
Another contribution, if it is still needed here, that is 😅

THE DISHONEST FRIEND
From The Giant Crab And Other Tales from Old India
Retold by W. H. D. Rouse (1863-1950)

Gutenberg etext URL:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/36039/36039-h/36039-h.htm#ch6

Recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw035_dishonestfriend_ss_128kb.mp3

Length: 03:16 minutes

Read by: Shruti Sinha
Thank you, Shruti! It is PL OK!

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11328
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 18th, 2020, 9:06 am

Pending PL corrections, this collection is full.

Please submit any submissions to the new collection, which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=80885

Shruti612
Posts: 26
Joined: June 2nd, 2020, 1:24 am
Location: Lucknow, India

Post by Shruti612 » June 18th, 2020, 9:45 am

m8b1 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 9:05 am

Thank you, Shruti! It is PL OK!
Glad to be a part (or two 😉) of this collection, Maria! ^_^
Also, approximately how much time would the collection take to be included in the catalogue, once all the submissions are Proof Listened?

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11328
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 18th, 2020, 10:07 am

Shruti612 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 9:45 am
m8b1 wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 9:05 am

Thank you, Shruti! It is PL OK!
Glad to be a part (or two 😉) of this collection, Maria! ^_^
Also, approximately how much time would the collection take to be included in the catalogue, once all the submissions are Proof Listened?
Once everything is PL OK I would usually get it cataloged within a day. However, there are a few files that need corrections that we are waiting on, so it may be a few days before they are fixed and I can then catalog this project. If that doesn't happen, and I can't fix it myself, a file may be moved to the next project, and vice versa. :-)

Post Reply