COMPLETE [Essays] Unicorns by James Huneker - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Also, have been getting more curious and wandering through the webpages re: Librivox and discovered it is ok to ask for feedback on readings. Does it seem as if I am speaking too fast? When I edit the material, I often delete some long inhales, and I wonder if I'm rushing the reading (or developing COPD....) (with no disrespect for those who deal with it!).

Thanks muchly.

Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Only at the begining of the section.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
hertzm

Post by hertzm »

miss stav wrote: July 5th, 2020, 6:12 pm

Huge thanks. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
Sure, I'll take chapter 26 if possible? :)
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Just in case the PLer asikka8 already downloaded ch.4, I just re-uploaded it with the corrected intro, thank you, Miss Stav, for the reminder!
Sorry for the trouble :oops:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

hertzm, section 26 is all yours. Have fun.
Alan, thanks a lot for chapter 9. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

asikka8 wrote: July 5th, 2020, 9:22 am Hi, I am new to this website! I was wondering if I could be the DPL for this project? If not, I am also okay with proof-listening to separate sections. I will start listening to a couple of sections as I wait for your reply. Thank you for your time.

-AS
Let me know if you managed to log in the Magic Window. You can post in the thread whenever you listen to sections.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 9 uploaded again as the previous post had an incomplete and invalid filename, so the click-on in MW was invalid. The one below is correct.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_09_huneker_128kb.mp3
9:15
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

miss stav wrote: July 6th, 2020, 1:12 pm Sure, Deborah, 22 is all yours. Please read the author's name in every intro. These are the librivox rules.
Mark, thanks for chapter 4. Would you like to record more chapters from this book?
Hi, Just to check, I don't see Section 22 assigned to me on the MW. Is it still claimed by me?
Thanks!

Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thanks for the reminder, Deborah! I've updated the magic window now
asikka8

Post by asikka8 »

miss stav wrote: July 5th, 2020, 6:10 pm
asikka8 wrote: July 5th, 2020, 9:22 am Hi, I am new to this website! I was wondering if I could be the DPL for this project? If not, I am also okay with proof-listening to separate sections. I will start listening to a couple of sections as I wait for your reply. Thank you for your time.

-AS
Welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Of course you can dpl, have fun.
Hello! I sincerely apologize, but something has come up in my life and I will not be able to uphold my time commitment to being the DPL. Again, I sincerely apologize and wish you the best.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Let me PL sec. 7 and 11, please.
We don't have a DPL, see the post above.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

AS, thanks for letting us know that you cannot dpl now.
Mark, you can pl as many sections as you can.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

thanks. How about you close the gap and read 23?