COMPLETE [Essays] Unicorns by James Huneker - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ADKreader1122
Posts: 881
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » August 25th, 2020, 11:53 am

You are most welcome, Stav; it's been an interesting project. I hope readers with corrections will return--we'll see!

Lora

CLHohmann
Posts: 7
Joined: August 24th, 2020, 1:48 am

Post by CLHohmann » August 26th, 2020, 6:15 am

Hi Miss Stav,

Could I read the second section, An American Composer: The Passing of Edward MacDowell?

Thank you,
Chandra

miss stav
Posts: 16271
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » August 26th, 2020, 6:44 am

Thanks, Chandra. All yours. Have a lot of fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

Owlivia
Posts: 467
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » August 26th, 2020, 7:21 am

And here I thought Jim and I were through.... :lol:

May I claim Chapter 3: Remy de Gourmont: His Ideas. The Colour of His Mind
?

Owlivia/Deborah
🦉

miss stav
Posts: 16271
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » August 26th, 2020, 7:35 am

Sure. All yours.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

Dyla
Posts: 15
Joined: June 30th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Post by Dyla » August 28th, 2020, 11:51 pm

ADKreader1122 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 12:11 pm
Hi Dyla,
Wow! What a great recording of a long section, full of names and lists! Here are my PL notes; hopefully they will not take long to fix.
--at:12, please include the book title, author, chapter number and name (those instructions are listed in the project information)
--at 10:29 there is a sentence missing (Maurice Barres is another..." between the words "Boutrox" and "once..."
--at 11:51 add the name "Samain" between Renard and Saint-Georges
--15:37 please omit the repetition of the phrase "dwellers on the threshold of the future..."

Thank you. I hope you plan to record more in the future!
Lora
Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm terribly sorry for the delay for some reason my e-mail didn't notify me on this thread. I will patch up the necessary bits and get back to you asap!

Kind wishes,

Dyla

Owlivia
Posts: 467
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » September 2nd, 2020, 6:00 pm

Chapter 3, Remy DeGourmont

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_03_degourmont-huneker_128kb.mp3

run time: 24:7.63

I'm glad I didn't read this first, Jim sounds a bit of a pompous ass in this one. :shock:

Owlivia/Deborah
🦉

miss stav
Posts: 16271
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » September 2nd, 2020, 7:36 pm

Huge thanks. Would you like torread 28?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

ADKreader1122
Posts: 881
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » September 8th, 2020, 8:48 am

Hi Owlivia,
One quick note for Chapter 3; please review at 3:10 to see if you'd like to change "simplify" to "simply." Thanks-I'll check back.

Lora

Owlivia
Posts: 467
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » September 8th, 2020, 1:05 pm

ADKreader1122 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 8:48 am
Hi Owlivia,
One quick note for Chapter 3; please review at 3:10 to see if you'd like to change "simplify" to "simply." Thanks-I'll check back.

Lora
Absolutely! Done, and uploaded with correction.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_03_degourmont-huneker_128kb.mp3
24:14.68
🦉

ADKreader1122
Posts: 881
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » September 9th, 2020, 11:17 am

Thanks! Section #3 is PL Okay.

Lora

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10954
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 10th, 2020, 10:47 am

Owlivia wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Absolutely! Done, and uploaded with correction.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_03_degourmont-huneker_128kb.mp3
24:14.68
Hi! I noticed the difference in the run time, which is a big difference for just a word substitution so I had to check. There are some extraneous seconds of recording at the end of your file, to be deleted. Just this one more fix, please :D

Owlivia
Posts: 467
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » September 10th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 10:47 am
Owlivia wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Absolutely! Done, and uploaded with correction.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_03_degourmont-huneker_128kb.mp3
24:14.68
Hi! I noticed the difference in the run time, which is a big difference for just a word substitution so I had to check. There are some extraneous seconds of recording at the end of your file, to be deleted. Just this one more fix, please :D
One.More.Time! :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_03_degourmont-huneker_128kb.mp3

24:7.58

By the way, in looking over saved files, it appears when I uploaded Chapter 1, the file name was _1_, not _01_ - would you like for me to change it and resend it? Nothing else needs to be changed. (As far as I know.... :wink: )

Owlivia/Deborah

P.S. I hope the superfluous stuff at the end of De Gourmont (which I deleted without listening to) wasn't me saying nasty things about "French pronunciations"! :D
🦉

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10954
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » September 10th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Owlivia wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 12:21 pm
P.S. I hope the superfluous stuff at the end of De Gourmont (which I deleted without listening to) wasn't me saying nasty things about "French pronunciations"!
:mrgreen: No, I think it was the phrase you used for the replaced word.

Don't worry about filenames, I can fix them automatically at cataloguing! :thumbs:

Dyla
Posts: 15
Joined: June 30th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Post by Dyla » September 13th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Dyla wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 11:51 pm
ADKreader1122 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 12:11 pm
Hi Dyla,
Wow! What a great recording of a long section, full of names and lists! Here are my PL notes; hopefully they will not take long to fix.
--at:12, please include the book title, author, chapter number and name (those instructions are listed in the project information)
--at 10:29 there is a sentence missing (Maurice Barres is another..." between the words "Boutrox" and "once..."
--at 11:51 add the name "Samain" between Renard and Saint-Georges
--15:37 please omit the repetition of the phrase "dwellers on the threshold of the future..."

Thank you. I hope you plan to record more in the future!
Lora
Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm terribly sorry for the delay for some reason my e-mail didn't notify me on this thread. I will patch up the necessary bits and get back to you asap!

Kind wishes,

Dyla
Hello,

I hope this new recording finds you well. I've patched up the remaining PL notes. Thank you very much for your kind comments and I'm sending you my best thoughts,

Kind Wishes,

Dyla

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_25_huneker_128kb.mp3 (25:52)

Post Reply