[COMPLETE] Puss in Boots, Jr., and the Good Gray Horse by David Cory-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

2839reader wrote: April 29th, 2020, 7:10 pm Claim 22 23 24 25 26 please.
Thank you!
You are in :thumbs:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
BeersandBooks

Post by BeersandBooks »

I would like to claim 27-30.

Question, as this is my first book foray with librivox, should I wait for the previous narrators to attempt to generate a consistency in voice, or can we go ahead and do our interpretation?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BeersandBooks wrote: April 29th, 2020, 10:26 pm I would like to claim 27-30.

Question, as this is my first book foray with librivox, should I wait for the previous narrators to attempt to generate a consistency in voice, or can we go ahead and do our interpretation?
By all means, just go ahead, JB. :D
One of the things we like in these group projects is the variety of voices, accents, and interpretations! So, be your creative self!

Thanks for joining in on the fun. :)
~ Larry
tashakim4713

Post by tashakim4713 »

I love fairytales!
Please assign me any of them.
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

Hey Larry, Can I snag 42-46?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

vvocelli wrote: April 30th, 2020, 4:31 am Hey Larry, Can I snag 42-46?
Is this in addition to the ones you have, or instead of?
I've put you in for them, at any rate.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

tashakim4713 wrote: April 30th, 2020, 2:30 am I love fairytales!
Please assign me any of them.
Well, I prefer not to do this random thing.
Please look carefully and make YOUR choice.
Also, I don't see that you've completed your one-minute test recording which we ask all of our new readers to do. That is where we verify your technical settings and identify any other issues before you launch into recording for a project.
Then post again here with your selection.
By the way, these are NOT fairytales! Just the adventures of Puss-in-Boots, Jr., and adventurous little cat. :)
~ Larry
BeersandBooks

Post by BeersandBooks »

silverquill wrote: April 29th, 2020, 10:53 pm
By all means, just go ahead, JB. :D
One of the things we like in these group projects is the variety of voices, accents, and interpretations! So, be your creative self!

Thanks for joining in on the fun. :)
Thanks!

Here is my first go on Chapter 27. I think I have a consistency issue on Puss Juniors voice, but it might just be me being overly critical.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrgrayhorse_27_cory_128kb.mp3
File Duration: 3:06
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BeersandBooks wrote: April 30th, 2020, 2:18 pm
Here is my first go on Chapter 27. I think I have a consistency issue on Puss Juniors voice, but it might just be me being overly critical.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrgrayhorse_27_cory_128kb.mp3
File Duration: 3:06
Great!
Thanks for our first recorded section.
This will help preserve Lomond's sanity. :mrgreen:
I'm sure you voice will be fine. I understand the consistency issue, but it doesn't have to be perfect.

Thanks again.
~ Larry
BeersandBooks

Post by BeersandBooks »

[/quote]

Great!
Thanks for our first recorded section.
This will help preserve Lomond's sanity. :mrgreen:
I'm sure you voice will be fine. I understand the consistency issue, but it doesn't have to be perfect.

Thanks again.
[/quote]

Says you. :wink:
I'm aware I'm probably asking a lot for a newbie, but if I don't push myself, I won't improve. But thank you nonetheless for the vote of confidence!
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
LizaFox

Post by LizaFox »

Good Morning:

I am new to LibriVox. I am wondering if I could read Chapter 2. I have already done a first take.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrgrayhorse_02_cory_128kb.mp3 - 3:13 time

Let me know if this is ok :)

Thank you,
Liza Fox
Liza R. Fox
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

LizaFox wrote: May 1st, 2020, 12:57 am Good Morning:

I am new to LibriVox. I am wondering if I could read Chapter 2. I have already done a first take.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrgrayhorse_02_cory_128kb.mp3 - 3:13 time

Thank you,
Liza Fox
Well, since you are new, I will give you grace this time, but it is really important NOT to record and submit a recording until your "claim" has been acknowledged and assigned to you. There are lot of good reasons for that, and keeps things orderly and avoids a lot of confusion and conflict.

So, I've assigned this to you and put it in the MW Ready for PL.

I've just taken a quick look and listen. The technical specification check out, except that your intro is very low in volume compared to the rest of your reading. It is a common error, but something you might want to be aware of. Other than that, my small sample sounded great! I hope we'll hear a lot of your voice. :)

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
LizaFox

Post by LizaFox »

silverquill wrote: May 1st, 2020, 8:02 am
LizaFox wrote: May 1st, 2020, 12:57 am Good Morning:

Thank you,
Liza Fox
Well, since you are new, I will give you grace this time, but it is really important NOT to record and submit a recording until your "claim" has been acknowledged and assigned to you. There are lot of good reasons for that, and keeps things orderly and avoids a lot of confusion and conflict.

So, I've assigned this to you and put it in the MW Ready for PL.

I've just taken a quick look and listen. The technical specification check out, except that your intro is very low in volume compared to the rest of your reading. It is a common error, but something you might want to be aware of. Other than that, my small sample sounded great! I hope we'll hear a lot of your voice. :)

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
Excellent thank you. :) Yes. Do not want to cause confusion. This book is an amazing work of art! I love it! :) Good to know about the opening. I think that is because I paused the recording. Very good to know. :)
Thank you again!
Liza Fox
Liza R. Fox