COMPLETE: Silhouettes of Russian Writers, Issue 3 -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PL ok now...did I give you the wrong time stamp by mistake ? I see the spot is now 10 seconds further than I marked... :? just wanted to make sure you did not cut out too much

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry I'm so hopelessly behind again, but I managed to listen to another section today :9:

almost perfect, only one small snip to make:

> at 18:06: (p. 169) repeat and snapping to be cut: "Сторицын не мог не побледнеть и, не"

the rest was perfect !

thanks, and have a good start in the new week

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

finished section 23, interesting poetry :thumbs: I love it when the text is interspersed with poems.

Found a few bits to correct:

> at 8:13-8:17: (p.178) there is rustling in this part of the sentence, you can check if you think it's worth redoing: "он упоенно ждет ее и знает"

> at 13:26-13:30: (p. 180) : also rustling here, more pronounced even: "необязательная для нас выноска к поэтической странице"

> at 40:42: (p. 188) missed line in the poem: "Все будет сниться сеть канатов смоляных"

Sonia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

hopelessly behind again
You must be joking! I finished another book in April, it is still sitting in the PL state :-) And that's fine :-)
Thank you so much for the careful PL again!

Spot-PL ready:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/silhouettes3_22_aykhenvald_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/silhouettes3_23_aykhenvald_128kb.mp3

Bunin completed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/silhouettes3_25_aykhenvald_128kb.mp3 [28:24]
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chulsky wrote: June 1st, 2020, 10:52 amYou must be joking! I finished another book in April, it is still sitting in the PL state :-) And that's fine :-)
well not for me, I don't like letting people wait too long and also I don't want my to-do-pile to get bigger every day :lol: so it's both for the reader and for myself that I prefer to do this in a timely manner.
:thumbs: these two are perfectly corrected and PL ok now...

enough Russian for tonight though. Will try to do another section tomorrow.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wohooo, I managed to work it all up and do the two sections in one go. :9: Section 24 is alredy PL ok. :thumbs:

Only one short note for Section 25:

> at 15:50: (p. 200) repeat and fingersnapping can be cut: "например, в конце рассказа «Игнат»"

thanks !

Sonia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Spot PL ok.

I decided to do some of my own recordings today, so your other section will have to wait till tomorrow ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

another great chapter, looking forward to the rest. Didn't know this author at all.

only two small notes this time:

> at 17:19: (p. 208) "ощущение вменяемости" - you say "чувство вменяемости" - don't know how much of a difference this makes as they are almost synonymous, but maybe there is a subtle difference that I don't know, but a native speaker would know

> from 19:15-19:21: (p. 208) "и вслед за отошедшими быстро умолкает скудный лепет наших эпитафий" - there is some rustling underlying, maybe you can check whether you want to re-do this

thanks

Sonia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.26 is fixed on both counts, 27 and 28 are up:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/silhouettes3_26_aykhenvald_128kb.mp3 [27:14]
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/silhouettes3_27_aykhenvald_128kb.mp3 [24:57]
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/silhouettes3_28_aykhenvald_128kb.mp3 [25:45]

I am glad you liked this -- Zaytsev is practically forgotten. When you come to sec.28, you would hear about the story «Аграфена», it's in my plans for another LV project. I wonder if you think you might be interested to PL?

Did you notice the subtitle "наброски" (drafts)? It shows, the essay is raw, boring, too many repetitive details. I literally fell asleep a few times while recording, hope it does not show :lol: It will get livelier as we move toward the finish line, and there will be a lot of poetry!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chulsky wrote: June 5th, 2020, 9:26 amSec.26 is fixed on both counts
thank you, and PL ok now...

need a bit more time for the other two, I've accumulated some backlog PL jobs again :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

had a marathon listening again and finished both sections. :thumbs: Section 27 is straight PL ok.

In 28 I only found one small error, right at the end, I nearly stopped the recording already when I heard it !!! I almost missed it !

> at 25:39: you say седьмой instead of восьмой ;) in the intro it's correct
the story «Аграфена», it's in my plans for another LV project. I wonder if you think you might be interested to PL?
we'll see when we get there. I definitely plan on keeping up PL jobs in Russian, it's good practice and I love to listen to the language :9: But I'm not gonna commit to too many projects at the same time. Already I cannot seem to get my backlog worked off fast enough
I literally fell asleep a few times while recording, hope it does not show :lol:
no I thought you sounded as enthusiastic as always 8-)

Sonia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Kitty wrote: June 8th, 2020, 7:34 am In 28 ... > at 25:39: you say седьмой instead of восьмой ;) in the intro it's correct
:oops: Fixed: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/silhouettes3_28_aykhenvald_128kb.mp3
the story «Аграфена», it's in my plans for another LV project. I wonder if you think you might be interested to PL?
we'll see when we get there...
I did not mean to extract a commitment from you :D
Just wanted to give you heads up, so you could make an educated choice when selecting projects for PL :|
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and PL ok now :)

thank you

Sonia