[COMPLETE] Chinook the Cinnamon Cub by Allen Chaffee - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

Astronollie wrote: May 6th, 2020, 8:20 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/chinook_03_chaffee_128kb.mp3 (5:57)
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/chinook_04_chaffee_128kb.mp3 (5:23)
Sorry about that! Here, I've edited them and the issues should be fixed now.
No worries! Now PL OK :thumbs:
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
ccjasper

Post by ccjasper »

Hi, I would like to request #18, 19 & 20

I would like my catalog name to be Connie Carrasco Jasper

Thank You :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ccjasper wrote: May 10th, 2020, 9:22 pm Hi, I would like to request #18, 19 & 20

I would like my catalog name to be Connie Carrasco Jasper

Thank You :D
Well, with pleasure, I've added you to the LV catalog and assigned these sections to you!
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your personal catalog page where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many. :D

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap: :clap:
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

Ready for PL:

Chapter 11 - 6:34 https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/chinook_11_chaffee_128kb.mp3

Can I claim 16 & 17 as well?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

vvocelli wrote: May 12th, 2020, 7:42 am Ready for PL:

Chapter 11 - 6:34 https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/chinook_11_chaffee_128kb.mp3

Can I claim 16 & 17 as well?
Yes, you may. :)
MW Update with above.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Looks as if we can go to Readers Found :clap:
~ Larry
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Awesome! Here we go!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you so much!
~ Larry
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

Valentina, absolutely no complaint with your reading but your volume is quite variable throughout each recording. Could you please use the normalise feature (assuming you're using Audacity) on them and re-upload? Thanks :D
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

julianpratley wrote: May 13th, 2020, 4:33 am
Valentina, absolutely no complaint with your reading but your volume is quite variable throughout each recording. Could you please use the normalise feature (assuming you're using Audacity) on them and re-upload? Thanks :D
Hello! I do use the Normalize setting. I keep the first box checked and put -3.0 DB for the second. I'm still learning the best way to master. Should normalize be done in the beginning or end? Any other tips? Unfortunately, my mic isn't great and even at the highest volume setting during recording and speaking loudly my volume ends up being low (necessitating amplification). When I rerecord errors, I think that's where the variable volume comes in.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

julianpratley wrote: May 13th, 2020, 4:33 am
Let my try to clarify.
First, I'm not sure what you are seeing/hearing in regard to the volume.
The waveform looks fine, and Checker has these almost identical in volume at 88.6 and 88.8 dB, right on target. Certainly in listening, there is nothing that seems out of proportion, and certainly no need to do anything further, or upload a new file. These are well within the parameters of standard PL. In the reading, the normal up and down in narrative like this is natural.

If you can clarify the issue, I'd be glad to listen in case there is something I'm missing.
~ Larry
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

silverquill wrote: May 13th, 2020, 7:55 am
Let my try to clarify.
First, I'm not sure what you are seeing/hearing in regard to the volume.
The waveform looks fine, and Checker has these almost identical in volume at 88.6 and 88.8 dB, right on target. Certainly in listening, there is nothing that seems out of proportion, and certainly no need to do anything further, or upload a new file. These are well within the parameters of standard PL. In the reading, the normal up and down in narrative like this is natural.

If you can clarify the issue, I'd be glad to listen in case there is something I'm missing.
Particularly in chapter 11, I found that the volume would go up and down quite a bit over the course of the recording. Looking at the waveform there are some sections that are clearly quite louder than others. I'm happy to mark it ok, just thought normalising would make for a smoother listening experience.
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

Thank you for the tips, I was just curious when normalizing should happen. I’ve read early in mastering, but should it happen before or after amplification? I’m still very new and would like to improve where I can. Thanks!
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

vvocelli wrote: May 13th, 2020, 6:40 pm Thank you for the tips, I was just curious when normalizing should happen. I’ve read early in mastering, but should it happen before or after amplification? I’m still very new and would like to improve where I can. Thanks!
I'm not sure if it matters whether you do it before or after amplification, but definitely do it after you've corrected any mistakes. Larry might be able to help further because I'm definitely not an expert!