[COMPLETE] Chinook the Cinnamon Cub by Allen Chaffee - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Chinook the Cinnamon Cub by Allen Chaffee (1884-1985).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/chinook-the-cinnamon-cub-by-allen-chaffee/

Allen Chaffe is author of numerous children's books including the Fuzz Wuzz series and a popular rendition of Hiawatha as well as The World of Oz. Here we join the adventures of a the mischievous cub bear, Cinnamon in the forests of Oregon where he meets animal friends such as the squirrel, frog and wapati. ( Larry Wilson)
Volunteers outside the USA: Allen Chafee died in 1985. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955), UNLESS the rule of shorter term applies.
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/61888
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
      [*] Project Code: DX11hpFx

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Allen Chaffee) : n/a
      [*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
      [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 20
      [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
      [*]Original publication date (if known): 1924
      [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================[/size]

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Animals & Nature

Keywords that describe the book: nature, bear, forest, animal stories

============================================
  • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  • DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Chinook the Cinnamon Cub. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Chinook the Cinnamon Cub, by Allen Chaffee. [Chapter Title]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of Chapter [Number] "
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Chinook the Cinnamon Cub, by Allen Chaffee. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  • AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    chinook_##_chaffee_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. chinook_01_chaffee_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
    Artist: Allen Chaffee
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Chinook the Cinnamon Cub

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
    Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by silverquill on April 24th, 2020, 8:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I have hunted high and low and wide and can find not dates at all for the author. I hope we can still use this book.
~ Larry
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Always check the Bibrec tab on PG first! :wink: Chaffee, Allen, 1884-1985

Book is fine, just will be limited to U.S. readers.
Jo
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

I'd love to DPL this one :D
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 2:51 pm Always check the Bibrec tab on PG first! :wink: Chaffee, Allen, 1884-1985

Book is fine, just will be limited to U.S. readers.
Well, now! I really feel ignorant -- but not as ignorant as I was earlier today! :roll:
Thanks, Jo. :)

And, if that's accurate, that's 101 :shock:
Last edited by silverquill on April 23rd, 2020, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

julianpratley wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 3:12 pm I'd love to DPL this one :D
I'd be glad to have you!
Thank you.
~ Larry
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I was wondering who would make this one into a group project! I almost did! I will MC this one for you, Larry!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

You are all set, Larry! I will move us over to Readers Wanted as soon as I know both you and Julian have seen the MW.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

Ready when you are!
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

icequeen wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 9:36 pm You are all set, Larry! I will move us over to Readers Wanted as soon as I know both you and Julian have seen the MW.
Thanks so much!
MW set up and we are READY FOR READERS!
~ Larry
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Off we go to Readers Wanted!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
sydneyj

Post by sydneyj »

Hi, I would like to read section two (The Cubs Learn to Swim) from Chinook the Cinnamon Cub. Please let me know my next steps. Thanks!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

sydneyj wrote: April 25th, 2020, 9:45 am Hi, I would like to read section two (The Cubs Learn to Swim) from Chinook the Cinnamon Cub. Please let me know my next steps. Thanks!
Hi!
Well, I see you have submitted your one-minute test recording, so that's good. I'm not where I can listen to it at the moment, but when you get the OK, post back here again and let me know who you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym or other nickname. Meanwhile, I'll save this section for you.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

Just one issue with chapter 1 Larry: you said “the Chinook Cinnamon Cub, by Allen Chaffee” instead of “Chinook the Cinnamon Cub, by Allen Chaffee”. I love your roaring :D