[Complete] Myths and Legends Around the World - Collection 2 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

LCaulkins wrote: August 21st, 2020, 1:10 pm
Lynnet wrote: August 20th, 2020, 7:01 pm Congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/myths-and-legends-around-the-world-vol-2/
Oh, geez, Lynne - I totally forgot to edit out the summary. Is it possible to switch things now that it's already catalogued? If so, let's just use this:

This collection is dedicated to recordings of short mythical or legendary works which are in the Public Domain. The stories tell of legends, heroes, myths, and ancient lore from many different cultures. - Summary by Lynette Caulkins

Also, Tricia said the first section comes up at only 81db. Which is weird, because Aisling did increase the db and resubmit the file at 86. Is that another thing we can do something about, or do we just call it what it is?

Yes, both can be fixed... but quite possibly I might need to grovel to get help :lol:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hehe :) Let me know if you want me to do anything
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
JachinandBoaz

Post by JachinandBoaz »

This is exciting! Has it been catalogued? When I go to the Librivox website and try to bring it up, the link shows that it's still in progress and routes it back to the forum.

Daniel
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JachinandBoaz wrote: August 21st, 2020, 1:28 pm This is exciting! Has it been catalogued? When I go to the Librivox website and try to bring it up, the link shows that it's still in progress and routes it back to the forum.

Daniel
I moved it back while I was working on it but it should show as complete again now. Fingers crossed I fixed everything :wink:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Daniel! Maybe you caught it while Lynne was fixing the summary on it? It's coming up alright on my end right now, at this link: Myths and Legends Around the World, Collection 2. And you're right at spot 2. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
MackH

Post by MackH »

LCaulkins wrote: August 20th, 2020, 4:27 pm
MackH wrote: August 20th, 2020, 2:52 pm Hi! I just finished my first recording.

Title: The Magic Ring
Author: Retold by Marie H. Frary and Charles M. Stebbins
URL to source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/58185/58185-h/58185-h.htm
Link to recording file: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002_magicring_frarystebbins_mh_128kb.mp3
Length: 7:16
My name: Mack Hopper (no webpage to link to)

Let me know if I need to change anything. Thanks! Mack
Thanks very much for your feedback, Lynette! I'm so glad the recording was up to par and I will try to make my future recordings a little louder.

I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly that we should only record 2 sections of a particular work - is that right? I read that somewhere. Once we've done 2 sections from one work, are we allowed to also record 2 from another work in the Myths and Legends around the World category? Or is it 2 sections total from Myths and Legends?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Mack
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MackH wrote: August 21st, 2020, 8:09 pm
LCaulkins wrote: August 20th, 2020, 4:27 pm
MackH wrote: August 20th, 2020, 2:52 pm Hi! I just finished my first recording.

Title: The Magic Ring
Author: Retold by Marie H. Frary and Charles M. Stebbins
URL to source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/58185/58185-h/58185-h.htm
Link to recording file: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mlaw002_magicring_frarystebbins_mh_128kb.mp3
Length: 7:16
My name: Mack Hopper (no webpage to link to)

Let me know if I need to change anything. Thanks! Mack
Thanks very much for your feedback, Lynette! I'm so glad the recording was up to par and I will try to make my future recordings a little louder.

I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly that we should only record 2 sections of a particular work - is that right? I read that somewhere. Once we've done 2 sections from one work, are we allowed to also record 2 from another work in the Myths and Legends around the World category? Or is it 2 sections total from Myths and Legends?

Mack
It depends on the project. The first post will tell you if there is a limit. For most projects there is no limit... but just remember if you commit to a load of sections at once, you are either putting pressure on yourself or setting yourself up to let others down. Best to claim just a couple at a time 8-)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

MackH wrote: August 21st, 2020, 8:09 pm

Mack
Yes, what Lynne said right above this. :) That 2-section limit was only for this collection. (Other collections may or may not have a similar limitations.)

This project has several differences from "normal" audiobook projects. The limit on sections, the way you name your files, being able to make a recording and just submit it (normally you request a section and need to wait for the BC to answer 'yes' before you start recording), and the way the Magic Window sections can get moved around (in normal books they remain where they are, as the files are named by section number).

Dramatic Reading projects, Plays, and Weekly Poetry are other projects I've participated in that also have a little bit different way of doing things.

So just make sure you see what the initial post outlines for any given project that catches your eye to help with. You were so great with the instructions this time on your first go-'round, I have no worries that you'll be fine. 8-)

And don't worry if you ever make a mistake - things are always fixable. :wink:
~Lynette * -