COMPLETE: The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ggatchel
Posts: 26
Joined: March 24th, 2020, 7:28 am

Post by ggatchel » April 13th, 2020, 10:26 am

cadastra wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 10:19 am
ggatchel wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 9:41 am
I'd love to do Section 3- I love this book!
Welcome to LibriVox! Before you begin recording for a project, we ask that you complete a 1-Minute Test using the correct technical specifications, upload the recording to the tests folder, and post the link in Listeners and Editors Wanted, where an experienced LibriVox narrator will check the file. This is not an audition - we just don't want you to spend exorbitant amounts of time recording at the wrong volume, etc. Detailed instructions regarding the 1-Minute Test can be found in the LibriVox wiki here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test Once your 1-Minute Test has been approved, you are welcome to record Section 3. I will reserve it for you in the Magic Window. What name or pseudonym would you like to appear in the LibriVox catalog? We can also link to a personal website or blog.

Thanks so much. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Absolutely! Ggatchel would be my preferred name. And I will get the test done as soon as I can set it up! :)

pnagami
Posts: 5515
Joined: July 15th, 2015, 6:42 am
Location: California, USA

Post by pnagami » April 13th, 2020, 2:14 pm

Hi cadastra,

To which MC should I upload my file?

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson

cadastra
Posts: 365
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » April 13th, 2020, 2:20 pm

pnagami wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 2:14 pm
Hi cadastra,

To which MC should I upload my file?

Pam
Hi, Pam:
The MC for this project is Jo. Her folder name is "knotyouraveragejo - knotyouraveragejo." I have updated the first post to reflect this. Thanks for clarifying!
My LibriVox

"He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist." ~Francis of Assisi

pnagami
Posts: 5515
Joined: July 15th, 2015, 6:42 am
Location: California, USA

Post by pnagami » April 13th, 2020, 4:58 pm

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson

cadastra
Posts: 365
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » April 14th, 2020, 11:05 am

pnagami wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 4:58 pm
Hi cadastra,

Here is Chapter 2:

46:19

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/metamorphosis_02_kafka_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam
Thank you, Pam! You have a lovely voice. Just one PL note for Section 2: At the beginning of the file, before the disclaimer, there is an extra sentence from the middle of the chapter.
My LibriVox

"He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist." ~Francis of Assisi

pnagami
Posts: 5515
Joined: July 15th, 2015, 6:42 am
Location: California, USA

Post by pnagami » April 14th, 2020, 11:08 am

Thank you!

Will fix.

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson

pnagami
Posts: 5515
Joined: July 15th, 2015, 6:42 am
Location: California, USA

Post by pnagami » April 14th, 2020, 11:38 am

Hi Cadastra,

Section 2 is ready for Spot Pl:

46:14

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/metamorphosis_02_kafka_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson

cadastra
Posts: 365
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » April 14th, 2020, 8:05 pm

pnagami wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 11:38 am
Hi Cadastra,

Section 2 is ready for Spot Pl:

46:14

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/metamorphosis_02_kafka_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam
Sounds perfect. Thank you, Pam - Section 2 is PL OK.
My LibriVox

"He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist." ~Francis of Assisi

pnagami
Posts: 5515
Joined: July 15th, 2015, 6:42 am
Location: California, USA

Post by pnagami » April 14th, 2020, 8:14 pm

Thank you, cadastra!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson

ggatchel
Posts: 26
Joined: March 24th, 2020, 7:28 am

Post by ggatchel » April 18th, 2020, 12:13 pm

Well, I feel bad saying this, but I just realized that in quarantine time, finding a quiet time to record with no background noise is going to be nearly impossible. I'm so sorry to back out but I figured I should let you know as soon as possible. I'm not going to get quiet time until the quarantine is over and who knows when that will be?
ggatchel wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 10:26 am
cadastra wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 10:19 am
ggatchel wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 9:41 am
I'd love to do Section 3- I love this book!
Welcome to LibriVox! Before you begin recording for a project, we ask that you complete a 1-Minute Test using the correct technical specifications, upload the recording to the tests folder, and post the link in Listeners and Editors Wanted, where an experienced LibriVox narrator will check the file. This is not an audition - we just don't want you to spend exorbitant amounts of time recording at the wrong volume, etc. Detailed instructions regarding the 1-Minute Test can be found in the LibriVox wiki here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test Once your 1-Minute Test has been approved, you are welcome to record Section 3. I will reserve it for you in the Magic Window. What name or pseudonym would you like to appear in the LibriVox catalog? We can also link to a personal website or blog.

Thanks so much. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Absolutely! Ggatchel would be my preferred name. And I will get the test done as soon as I can set it up! :)

cadastra
Posts: 365
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » April 18th, 2020, 12:22 pm

ggatchel wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 12:13 pm
Well, I feel bad saying this, but I just realized that in quarantine time, finding a quiet time to record with no background noise is going to be nearly impossible. I'm so sorry to back out but I figured I should let you know as soon as possible. I'm not going to get quiet time until the quarantine is over and who knows when that will be?
ggatchel wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 10:26 am
cadastra wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 10:19 am


Welcome to LibriVox! Before you begin recording for a project, we ask that you complete a 1-Minute Test using the correct technical specifications, upload the recording to the tests folder, and post the link in Listeners and Editors Wanted, where an experienced LibriVox narrator will check the file. This is not an audition - we just don't want you to spend exorbitant amounts of time recording at the wrong volume, etc. Detailed instructions regarding the 1-Minute Test can be found in the LibriVox wiki here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test Once your 1-Minute Test has been approved, you are welcome to record Section 3. I will reserve it for you in the Magic Window. What name or pseudonym would you like to appear in the LibriVox catalog? We can also link to a personal website or blog.

Thanks so much. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Absolutely! Ggatchel would be my preferred name. And I will get the test done as soon as I can set it up! :)
No worries. Thanks for letting me know - I'll open the section up for claims again.
My LibriVox

"He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist." ~Francis of Assisi

BenPrince
Posts: 18
Joined: April 2nd, 2020, 1:07 pm

Post by BenPrince » April 22nd, 2020, 12:53 pm

I'd love to do Section 3 if it's still available!

cadastra
Posts: 365
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » April 22nd, 2020, 1:12 pm

BenPrince wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 12:53 pm
I'd love to do Section 3 if it's still available!
Of course. Thank you for the claim.
My LibriVox

"He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist." ~Francis of Assisi

BenPrince
Posts: 18
Joined: April 2nd, 2020, 1:07 pm

Post by BenPrince » April 28th, 2020, 3:01 pm

Hi! I'm a little perplexed about the intro and ending texts: Do you want us to actually say "Translated by Ian Johnston, 1938 to alive?" That seems kinda odd to me but I haven't been around long enough to become totally familiar with the protocols here. Would "Translated by Ian Johnston, born 1938" work?

Thanks!
Ben

cadastra
Posts: 365
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » April 28th, 2020, 5:22 pm

BenPrince wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Hi! I'm a little perplexed about the intro and ending texts: Do you want us to actually say "Translated by Ian Johnston, 1938 to alive?" That seems kinda odd to me but I haven't been around long enough to become totally familiar with the protocols here. Would "Translated by Ian Johnston, born 1938" work?

Thanks!
Ben
Ben,
You do not need to read the translator's birth/death years in the intro/outro. That's a glitch in the template generator that should have been removed when the project was launched. My apologies for the confusion.
My LibriVox

"He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist." ~Francis of Assisi

Post Reply