COMPLETE[PLAY]The Hobby-Horse by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I'd rather she took the vow of silence....
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:I'd rather she took the vow of silence....
:lol: ... :hmm: wait, you don't mean me, do you ?
thank you Chris, now definitely PL ok.

As for Lucy...I'm not convinced she is the right one for you...

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, I meant whoever Chris meant. So long as it wasn't me. I would NEVER try to slow you down! (I have learned better.)

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

You know, Reverend, the surname Jermyn is French not Irish; so why do you suppose that Diana keeps referring to Allan as “a son of the Old Sod”? :hmm:

Spenser Jermyn
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 is ready for partial PL (missing one voice credit).

Notice that I wonder if the introductory notice - which I like - has spoilers and should perhaps be moved to the end of Act 3.

Thanks, Todd
BandanaMan99

Post by BandanaMan99 »

Kitty wrote: June 6th, 2020, 7:01 am
BandanaMan99 wrote: June 6th, 2020, 6:47 amHello, here's Tiny Landon and Mr Moulter. I know it's only a small bit but any feedback would be welcome.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_moulter_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_tinylandon_1_128kb.mp3
:clap: well, nothing to complain about. As you said, just two small roles, but every voice counts and you managed to make them both memorable, and distinct enough. Switching from a petulant, annoyed child in the first act to a world-wise opportunistic decayed jockey in the third act has been flawlessly done (or was it the other way around ?). I only had a glimpse at your talent now, but I can tell already that you'll fit in nicely into our drama group, so I hope I'll hear you in another (maybe even bigger) role soon. :9:

Great job, and both parts straight PL ok. Congrats to your first official PL oks !!! And thanks for the quick turn-around !

Todd: And that means that I will get to listen to the finished product of Act 1 soon :9: we only need Tomas' voice credit, but I can easily spot PL that part in the end.

Sonia

Thanks for the kind feedback, and yes I'm looking forward to contributing more and bigger roles :D
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Checking in to say that Tom has been recorded and is in the editing stages. Will get it in ASAP. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 7th, 2020, 4:21 pmAct 1 is ready for partial PL (missing one voice credit).
Notice that I wonder if the introductory notice - which I like - has spoilers and should perhaps be moved to the end of Act 3.
brilliant acting from us all :clap: I wasn't bored, not even one second, in this hour-long act. :9: The dialogues are absolutely well assembled and it sounds as if we had all been rehearsing this together for some time before staging it. Great job, guys.

As for the introduction, you could also move it and the dramatis personae into a section 0. People can listen or leave it out if they wish.

So, only Tomas's voice credit missing at 5:38 and the rest is absolutely perfect.

Thanks Todd for another great editing job. :)

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: June 11th, 2020, 6:30 pmHere is Tom Clark/Allan to wrap things up:
wohooo, wonderful, thank you so much, Tomas. :9: Tom/Allan is really an agreeable young fellow, totally likeable. Of course not very quick on the uptake when it comes to the Miss Moxon/Mother conundrum :lol: This scene will be hilariously funny.

Nothing to change, all the lines are in and excellentely acted out. PL ok for both. It is strange that Pinero used Tom Clark for the cast list. I was so confused to check the Allan lines later on :lol:

Yay and that means, as soon as Todd is finished with editing, I can listen to the final two acts as well. :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay. I will finish this off.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Chapter 2 is ready for final PL.

Oh, this play is so good!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 14th, 2020, 10:38 amChapter 2 is ready for final PL.
Oh, this play is so good!
completely agree, this was a strong act :clap: great job, everyone. And perfectly edited together, straight PL ok. Can't wait for the final act :9:

thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have finished with Act 3 assembly, and it is as tremendously good as the other acts. Prepare to enjoy once I make one more pass through.

I did move the Intro material with its spoiler to the end of Act 3. So Act 1 is ready for Spot PL while I finish off Act 3....

Thanks, Todd