COMPLETE[PLAY]The Hobby-Horse by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you so much, Jenn, Bertha is so lovely. :9: The weeping-scene was so endearing and everything was perfect. This Act is PL ok

However, I noticed that Bertha has a short appearance in Act 3 as well...(p. 155-156, maybe later as well, but these are the only lines I could find at a quick glance). I'll add another section to your role, you're not through yet ;)

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here is the first act for Mrs Jermyn. The poor woman so desperately seeking to do good....

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_diana_spencer_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 11:03 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

So much money, so little judgement....

Thanks, Todd
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Kitty wrote: April 19th, 2020, 12:47 pm
thank you so much, Jenn, Bertha is so lovely. :9: The weeping-scene was so endearing and everything was perfect. This Act is PL ok

However, I noticed that Bertha has a short appearance in Act 3 as well...(p. 155-156, maybe later as well, but these are the only lines I could find at a quick glance). I'll add another section to your role, you're not through yet ;)

thanks

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia :9:

Here are the lines for Act 3. I hope I got them all! And apparently Bertha is really energetic this act because she had a lot of coffee this morning :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_bertha_3_128kb.mp3
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jennlea wrote: April 21st, 2020, 10:06 amHere are the lines for Act 3. I hope I got them all! And apparently Bertha is really energetic this act because she had a lot of coffee this morning :lol:
:lol: indeed, she sounds a bit over-enthusiastic. Had to grin all through the performance. Well, she is still young... *indulgent look*

thanks, Jenn, totally PL ok. And I believe that was it for Bertha.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Racehorse owners have been looking for the undetectable dope for years, but I reckon he must be working for me, because whenever something goes wrong, I can never find out who’s responsible!

Spenser Jermyn
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the lengthy act 2. I spent the whole afternoon editing it :shock: Mrs Spencer finds out that charity may come at a high price. And poor Reverend Brice seems smitten by her. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_diana_spencer_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 18:57 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the final act for poor Mrs Spencer, where every little lie gets detected:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hobbyhorse_diana_spencer_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:03 min.

It was a lovely role, I enjoyed it. Hope you like it too, Todd.

Now: food

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Downloaded to PL.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Diana Jermyn. You are really in a heap of trouble, aren't you? What were you thinking? Doing good works as an angel in disguise - well, we all know how that is going to turn out!

But all is well and PL OK in the files until the middle of Act 3. Then you forgot who you are or are not and spoke one of Miss Moxon's lines at 3:44 "Yes, you appear to have made a very bad beginning." Alas, though quite excusable as you did spend all of Act 2 being Miss Moxon. Anyway, leave it in and when I edit I will decide which of you is actually Miss Moxon at that point in time....

Great performance throughout.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 24th, 2020, 7:10 amThen you forgot who you are or are not and spoke one of Miss Moxon's lines at 3:44 "Yes, you appear to have made a very bad beginning." Alas, though quite excusable as you did spend all of Act 2 being Miss Moxon.
oops, seriously ? sorry about that. Yes I have a bad case of multiple personality disorder in this play meseems.

I can quickly reupload it though, it's no trouble.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

No, I think it might actually be you speaking. Leave it for me to decide later.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 24th, 2020, 7:19 am No, I think it might actually be you speaking. Leave it for me to decide later.
no it was definitely Miss Moxon at that point. Even when I was Miss Moxon in disguise, my role was always pointed out as Mrs Jermyn. Otherwise there would have been many more errors :lol:

But ok, I leave it in, but I'm sure it was not one of my lines.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The Reverend awaits in the MW for you presence in whichever PL persona you wish to assume at this time.

Thanks you, your unworthiness, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 1st, 2020, 4:44 pmThe Reverend awaits in the MW for you presence in whichever PL persona you wish to assume at this time.
awww, my heart goes out to this poor love-smitten reverend :9: you play him so tenderly, yet at the same time bumbling and kind-hearted. Absolutely great performance. I fear Mrs Jermyn may have gotten a soft spot for him if she had stayed longer. (thinking ahead also what a coarse behaviour Chris as her real hubby will cook up :lol: ) Nobody in the audience will understand why she doesn't fall for him.

But, it wasn't meant to be...still, wonderful performance, and I am looking forward to hearing our dialogue assembled.

Both acts PL ok. The first one was huge ! :shock:

thank you

Sonia