[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 11: Canada, South and Central America, Mexico, West Indies - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: May 29th, 2020, 2:46 am
:shock: oh wow, now these two sections had me riveted. I immediately had to look up pictures of the fer-de-lance and she indeed looks dangerous. Kudos to the cat that defends her kittens so bravely.

As for Mount Pelée, well, it reminds one a lot of the Pompeii disaster. :? A horrible tragedy. I am happy I don't live near an active volcano. I hope Mount Shasta is still far away from you, April, or is that not an active volcano ? And I remember there was quite a disaster as well, in the 80s I think, on Mount St. Helens, but that is too far to the North I guess ? :hmm:

In any case...both sections are PL ok and very entertaining to listen to. Only careful with the filenaming, you forgot _128kb at the end ;) but I will change it in the folder, no need to reupload, since there were no other errors.

Thank you so much

Sonia
I agree with your statements, fully Sonia. Volcanoes are intriguing and we are literally living " in the ring of fire". Mt. Shasta is about 1 hour drive North of us. Mt.Lassen is about 40 minutes to our East & can be see for us from our front yard. Mt.Lassen is more active than Mt. Shasta, so it has been said. Which is not in my thoughts as to my unknowing mind if there is not smoke coming out of it, it must not be all that active.
No qualms about them erupting for me, though does a person ever have qualms about unfortunate happenings?

fer-de-lance photos do have the kitty a strong character for standing her ground to protect her kittens.
April
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I noticed only today. But assumed, as you said, that I would do this one later, in the final process. Jim :thumbs:
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Sonia,

I'd like to request a small extension for my sections, please. :)
Tomas Peter
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Re: Section 122 narration
I don't know if you have anyone to PL this but I have listened to it and it seems OK to me :clap:
I have not put it through checker but I am sure you can sort that out yourself :mrgreen:
If you need any help getting this finished let me know.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:I'd like to request a small extension for my sections, please. :)
thanks for letting me know, Tomas...yes, just like for Devorah, I can extend another month. Hopefully this will be enough
alanmapstone wrote:Re: Section 122 narration
I don't know if you have anyone to PL this but I have listened to it and it seems OK to me :clap:
oh, thank you Alan. In fact I didn't really expect the part PL, as Jim has volunteered to PL the finished product in the end. But glad to hear straight away that there are no corrections needed.
alanmapstone wrote:If you need any help getting this finished let me know.
Monika told me a few days ago that she was working on this, so I am in high hopes it will be assembled soon. Still waiting to hear from other readers, so maybe there will be some orphans along the way before the project is done. :?

Thank you

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Next one asking for a short extension :) A week will do. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you :oops:
hayduo

Post by hayduo »

Section 58 all set and ready for PL :thumbs:. Sorry for being so close to my deadline, but I think I'll manage to record sections 60 and 61 before then.

Title: Section 58: How Pizarro captured the Inca
Author: William Hickling Prescott
Audio: (11:59) https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_58_tappan_128kb.mp3

Let me know if there's anything I need to edit. Thank you!
Hernan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: June 5th, 2020, 8:12 am Next one asking for a short extension :) A week will do. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you :oops:
thank you for letting me know, Monika. Well, for those (Tomas, Devorah and you) whose deadline was today, I will give the promised extension...of course if you can make it earlier, so much the better. :9:

@Hernan: thanks for your section !!! Will PL today still. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hayduo wrote: June 5th, 2020, 10:11 amSection 58 all set and ready for PL :thumbs:. Sorry for being so close to my deadline, but I think I'll manage to record sections 60 and 61 before then.
(11:59) https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_58_tappan_128kb.mp3
great reading, Hernan, thank you so much. An interesting section, and you managed to make it very lively. :thumbs:

There is only one tiny addition that needs to be corrected:

> at 0:34: (p. 289) you forgot to include the date "1532" between title and author. I want to include it all, especially for a history project like this one, the date is quite important. In case you forgot it in you other sections as well, there is still time to include it ;)

> and since you have to reupload anyway, please correct the file name to 3 digital numbers: "058"

The rest is perfect, thanks ! Looking forward to the next sections.

Sonia
PatrS

Post by PatrS »

Hi, could I get an extension on my sections?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PatrS wrote: June 6th, 2020, 8:25 pmHi, could I get an extension on my sections?
thank you for letting me know, Pat, and yes, exension granted.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Monika !!!
indeed, very sad. But the commandante was excellent. Wow, what a snappy voice you present here :shock: I really pity Jim in the role of the Major, who doesn't stand a chance against this powerful man ! A super performance. Now I need to stitch it all together and then Jim can PL the final result :9:

Both sections PL ok. This finishes our 100th section in this project :thumbs:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I will keep an eye out for the final product. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 10th, 2020, 5:49 amI will keep an eye out for the final product.
freshly from the press :) I hope you like your harsh treatment at the hands of this formidable commandante :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_122_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 6:02 min.

Sonia