COMPLETE[PLAY]The Money-Spinner by Arthur Wing Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Oh dear! How can this be? a Conscience? Tsk, tsk - you'll never get anywhere with one of those!

PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 11th, 2020, 8:57 am Oh dear! How can this be? a Conscience? Tsk, tsk - you'll never get anywhere with one of those!
I know, I know, it's not how you brought me up, daddy. I don't know what's wrong with me these days.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 13th, 2020, 3:49 amFaubert act 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/moneyspinner_faubert_2.mp3
That was fun :lol:
glad you liked your part, Alan, you definitely played him well and sleazy :mrgreen: even if in the end he tries to make some kinds of amends. He will go down as the villain in the story nevertheless ;) All PL ok in any case, thanks !

Sonia
Michael6230

Post by Michael6230 »

I've recorded Act 1 for Harold Boycott. Hope it's okay :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/moneyspinner_haroldboycott_01_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Michael6230 wrote: April 17th, 2020, 5:44 amI've recorded Act 1 for Harold Boycott. Hope it's okay :)
really good job Michael, thank you. You play Harold much more refined than I first pictured him, but that will make the difference between him and his wife so much the bigger and more interesting. So it was not a bad choice to give him this voice. :thumbs:

I have a few small corrections to add, but on the whole it was really very well acted. Only one important note for the next acts: please also leave at least 2 seconds of silence in between quotes, when stage directions break the flow of your speech. At many places you don't leave much at all. The editor has an easier task if the spaces are bigger where he has to make the cuts. No need to change it this time, let's not meddle more into the file, but maybe remember for the next two acts. :)

And here is what could be edited:

> at 9:20: (p. 16) "some unexpected arrivals disconcerted me" - there is a jump in the audio here, sounds more like you say "concerted"

> at 12:09: (p. 19) "I have just heard that M. Ribot" - could you say this abbreviation in full, as "Monsieur" (or "Mister" if you prefer), otherwise it sounds a bit odd

> from 12:13-12:15: (p. 19) between "the head of the factory" and "returns today", the pause is too long since it's the same sentence

thanks, and looking forward to the rest :)

Sonia
Michael6230

Post by Michael6230 »

Kitty wrote: April 17th, 2020, 1:15 pm
Michael6230 wrote: April 17th, 2020, 5:44 amI've recorded Act 1 for Harold Boycott. Hope it's okay :)
really good job Michael, thank you. You play Harold much more refined than I first pictured him, but that will make the difference between him and his wife so much the bigger and more interesting. So it was not a bad choice to give him this voice. :thumbs:

I have a few small corrections to add, but on the whole it was really very well acted. Only one important note for the next acts: please also leave at least 2 seconds of silence in between quotes, when stage directions break the flow of your speech. At many places you don't leave much at all. The editor has an easier task if the spaces are bigger where he has to make the cuts. No need to change it this time, let's not meddle more into the file, but maybe remember for the next two acts. :)

And here is what could be edited:

> at 9:20: (p. 16) "some unexpected arrivals disconcerted me" - there is a jump in the audio here, sounds more like you say "concerted"

> at 12:09: (p. 19) "I have just heard that M. Ribot" - could you say this abbreviation in full, as "Monsieur" (or "Mister" if you prefer), otherwise it sounds a bit odd

> from 12:13-12:15: (p. 19) between "the head of the factory" and "returns today", the pause is too long since it's the same sentence

thanks, and looking forward to the rest :)

Sonia
Hi!

Thanks for the message! Yes, I had fun recording the lines for Harold haha. It's the first voice that came to mind and then I just took off haha.
Oh right. Of course, sorry for the lack of spaces :oops:

Awesome. Okay, how would you like me to correct the errors? Should I re-record the lines and send it as one file?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Michael6230 wrote: April 17th, 2020, 4:34 pmOkay, how would you like me to correct the errors? Should I re-record the lines and send it as one file?
no please update your file in the spots I mentioned :) best keep everything in one file. Just use the same filename and the old file will be replaced by the new file.

Thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Your father ever so patiently awaits PL in the MW. Make sure it comes with brandy, will you?

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

If you’re partial to rum, I could let you in on some Old Barnacle cheap.

Snookes.
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 20th, 2020, 1:01 pmYour father ever so patiently awaits PL in the MW. Make sure it comes with brandy, will you?
daddy, really, it's not good for you liver... :| and nobody is buying your act of the doddering old devoted papa. Now when you were showing me the card tricks again, that was more like it, that's the old scoundrel I know. :lol:

Excellent job, Todd ! I have a certain picture of this guy in my mind, I cannot remember in which movie I saw such an actor, but it's totally like you played him. :thumbs: Interesting that you are switching roles here with Chris for once, usually he is bookmarked to the low-lives and now he is playing a love-sick aristocrat. Now this reversal of characters will give the whole play an interesting twist. :mrgreen:

Nothing to change in the old baron's performance, it's PL ok. This will be a fun play !

Sonia
Michael6230

Post by Michael6230 »

Hello!

Recording for Harold Boycott Act 1.
Corrected the errors. Hope all is well :D

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd