[COMPLETE] The Mark of Zorro by Johnston McCulley - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen » May 9th, 2020, 10:33 am

Here is my summary for the catalog:

In Spanish California, a troubling pattern had developed. The natives were reduced to peasants, the Franciscan friars that ministered to them were derided, and the only people who mattered were the caballeros – who styled themselves as knights of the New World. These men strutted about in elegant clothes, riding magnificent horses, and sporting rapiers at their sides that they were quick to draw if they felt their honor was affronted.

Into this world burst Zorro (Spanish for “fox”). A later-day Robin Hood, he stole from the rich and gave to the poor, but he also took it upon himself to punish men who had notably abused others. Cloaked and masked, appearing suddenly from the dark, he always stayed ahead of the manhunt launched at his heels.

The authorities called him a highwayman.

And when the doings of a corrupt governor began to affect the good people around the pueblo of early Los Angeles, Zorro responded – vigorously.
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » May 9th, 2020, 5:17 pm

Sweet! Off we go!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » May 9th, 2020, 8:31 pm

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-mark-of-zorro-by-johnston-mcculley/

Great job, Mark! I am so glad that you were able to read this one! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Kaffen

Post by Kaffen » May 10th, 2020, 7:21 am

Thank you for the suggestion and the PL support! :9:
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings

Kaffen

Post by Kaffen » May 10th, 2020, 2:18 pm

I posted over in the CD Covers thread, but just in case it needs to be seen here, my cover is at

https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/mark_of_zorro_2005.zip

:D :D
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » May 10th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Kaffen wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 2:18 pm
I posted over in the CD Covers thread, but just in case it needs to be seen here, my cover is at

https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/mark_of_zorro_2005.zip

:D :D

Your cover has been uploaded and is showing on the catalog page. Great cover! :clap:
Ann