[COMPLETE] John (YLT) - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 12:58 pm

John (YLT) from Young's Literal Translation ( - ). Translated by Robert Young (1822 - 1888)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/john-youngs-literal-translation/
A translation made from the "letter and idioms used in the original languages. (KevinS)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/youngsliteraltranslationoftheholyscriptures1898/page/n671/mode/1up
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard



    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!


    Magic Window:



    BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of John. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "John, from Young's Literal Translation. Translated by Robert Young (1822 - 1888) [Chapter]"


    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of John from Young's Literal Translation. Translated by Robert Young. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of John from Young's Literal Translation. Translated by Robert Young."

    There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename john_##_ylt_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. john_01_ylt_128kb.mp3)


    Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

    Any questions?
    Please post below
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 1:00 pm

I'm going to depart from earlier formats and record one chapter at a time. (Frankly, this will be easier for me and I hope no problem for a listener.) I have also given myself three months to complete this project, just in case.
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 48217
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » March 20th, 2020, 1:15 pm

Oh, soloing it? :)

Now that I snatched Romans from you, I guess I have to MC this. :lol: BRB with the MW...
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons

lomond
Posts: 1883
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » March 20th, 2020, 1:38 pm

KevinS wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 1:00 pm
I'm going to depart from earlier formats and record one chapter at a time. (Frankly, this will be easier for me and I hope no problem for a listener.) I have also given myself three months to complete this project, just in case.
Greetings -

Speaking of John, have we heard anything about the First Epistle of John?

Lomond

KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 2:01 pm

lomond wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 1:38 pm
KevinS wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 1:00 pm
I'm going to depart from earlier formats and record one chapter at a time. (Frankly, this will be easier for me and I hope no problem for a listener.) I have also given myself three months to complete this project, just in case.
Greetings -

Speaking of John, have we heard anything about the First Epistle of John?

Lomond
DJ has until the 4th of April.
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 2:03 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 1:15 pm
Oh, soloing it? :)

Now that I snatched Romans from you, I guess I have to MC this. :lol: BRB with the MW...
Thank you!
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Ch. 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/john_01_ylt_128kb.mp3 (6:45)

lomond, take all the time you want. I'll probably be moving slowly.
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 48217
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » March 20th, 2020, 3:34 pm

Moving to Going Solo.

Kevin - don't forget you need section titles. ;)
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons

KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 20th, 2020, 4:43 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 3:34 pm
Moving to Going Solo.

Kevin - don't forget you need section titles. ;)
Oh, of course. Thanks. I'm half here.
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

lomond
Posts: 1883
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » March 21st, 2020, 9:27 am

KevinS wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 3:31 pm
Ch. 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/john_01_ylt_128kb.mp3 (6:45)

lomond, take all the time you want. I'll probably be moving slowly.
Greetings -

Chapter 1 is in the official registry of PL OK readings.

Onward!

Lomond

KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 21st, 2020, 9:37 am

lomond wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 9:27 am
KevinS wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 3:31 pm
Ch. 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/john_01_ylt_128kb.mp3 (6:45)

lomond, take all the time you want. I'll probably be moving slowly.
Greetings -

Chapter 1 is in the official registry of PL OK readings.

Onward!

Lomond
So strange to hear John this way, isn't it?
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

lomond
Posts: 1883
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » March 21st, 2020, 1:30 pm

KevinS wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 9:37 am

So strange to hear John this way, isn't it?
Greetings -

Definitely.

Lomond

KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 21st, 2020, 7:20 pm

Sunday is a good PL day for me.

lomond
Posts: 1883
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » March 22nd, 2020, 10:15 am

KevinS wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 7:20 pm
Ch. 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/john_02_ylt_128kb.mp3 (3:13)
Greetings -

Done. PL OK.

It is interesting listening to sections from Romans and John one right after the other.

Lomond

KevinS
Posts: 9384
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » March 23rd, 2020, 5:45 pm

Chapter 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/john_03_ylt_128kb.mp3 (5:05)

I don't think I will manage one chapter a day. I have other sections waiting on me, but I will stay with it.
Sunday is a good PL day for me.

Post Reply