[COMPLETE] Ingersoll on VOLTAIRE, from the Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Volume 3 - Lecture 4 - ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Levine

Post by Levine »

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_levine.mp3

I apologize for the delay... I'm finally set up and I now have some rudimentary ability with Audacity. In advance I apologize for whatever amount of patience you will need to exercise as together we finely tune whatever needs to be finely tuned on my end. I'm ready. Willing. Excited. I really would love to contribute to this (and any) Ingersoll project!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ok, I've listened to your test and left a message for you there. It checks out, and sounds good.

All I need now is for you to choose a Display Name that you want to appear in our Catalog of completed projects. This can be your Real Name, username, or anything else you'd like to be searchable by. I use Michele Fry in the catalog so my friends and family can easily find me using LV's Search feature, and msfry as my username. It's your choice, but once chosen, can't be changed on catalogued material. This only needs to be entered once.

I will add you to the Magic Window (MW) when I get the above info, but you can begin recording now. Before recording, read the First Post carefully for what to say for your INTRO and OUTRO, what to name your file (I highly recommend you copy and paste that, because it has to be exact) and where to upload it. Each MC (Meta Coordinator) has their own storage folder. Any more questions, please ask. I am happy to help.

I will be your proof listener and am looking forward to it. Now, get on your Ingersoll, and go! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 5:48 am Uploaded sections 05, 06 and 07

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3voltaire_05_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 17:41
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3voltaire_06_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 11:19
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3voltaire_07_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 10:17

Fiery anti-religion oratory by Ingersoll intermixed with high praise for Voltaire.
I earned a degree in Philosophy but never heard such high praise for Voltaire. His philosophical arguments were the main thrust of discussions about him, but almost equal time was placed on his novel "Candide". He wasn't mentioned in the same breath as Descartes.
Sections 5, 6 and 7 are PL OK. Nicely done. What impresses me most was Voltaire's taking up the cause of and risking his neck for so many victims of persecution, showing the people how to raise a voice against the cruel injustices of his day, much like Thomas Paine's pamphleteering, only more sarcastic. Well, he was French!!!!
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: March 26th, 2020, 1:22 pm
williamjones wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 5:48 am Uploaded sections 05, 06 and 07

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3voltaire_05_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 17:41
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3voltaire_06_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 11:19
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3voltaire_07_rgingersoll_128kb.mp3 10:17

Fiery anti-religion oratory by Ingersoll intermixed with high praise for Voltaire.
I earned a degree in Philosophy but never heard such high praise for Voltaire. His philosophical arguments were the main thrust of discussions about him, but almost equal time was placed on his novel "Candide". He wasn't mentioned in the same breath as Descartes.
Sections 5, 6 and 7 are PL OK. Nicely done. What impresses me most was Voltaire's taking up the cause of and risking his neck for so many victims of persecution, showing the people how to raise a voice against the cruel injustices of his day, much like Thomas Paine's pamphleteering, only more sarcastic. Well, he was French!!!!
This makes me curious about what his pamphlets could have sounded like. You think Internet archive might have some of them?
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: March 26th, 2020, 2:16 pm This makes me curious about what his pamphlets could have sounded like. You think Internet archive might have some of them?
I expect so. Look em up!
Levine

Post by Levine »

To: msfry

Thank you for your approval and for the recording advice. I look forward to starting tonight.

As for my Display Name,

Let’s go with: Brian Levine

Thank you again.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay, Brian Levine, you are in our catalog and have officially claimed Section 8! Now look in the upper right corner of any forum post and you'll see your username. Click on that arrow and the dropdown list will say Control Panel. I recommend you go there, perhaps with a glass of wine and an hour to explore, :wink: , where you can set all sorts of preferences for yourself. I recommend you at least devise a signature where people can address you by your preferred name, and where you can accept email notices of postings to projects you are subscribed to. You can put me down as a friend, too, and PM me any time you need help. :D

I can hardly wait to listen to your first recording. It's thrilling when people join the project!
KathrynP

Post by KathrynP »

realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

May I scoop up section 2 at the last minute?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
msfry

Post by msfry »

realisticspeakers wrote: March 27th, 2020, 7:02 pm May I scoop up section 2 at the last minute?
You're in, and we are now Full. :clap:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sections 3 and 4 are PL AOK. Whoo Whee. My ears are burning! :mrgreen:

"In the amber of his genius Voltaire preserved these insects, these tarantulas, these scorpions."
Levine

Post by Levine »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay, Brian, congrats on your first recording for LV. That was a stirring ending to this lecture and you did a great job! Section 8 is PL OK :clap:

Would you like to try your hand at proof listening? We are always in need of them, I've just uploaded Section 1, and would be happy to coach you. It isn't hard.
Last edited by msfry on March 31st, 2020, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Moving to Readers found. These Ingersoll lectures fill up quickly!
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Levine

Post by Levine »

Thank You!

Sure! I’m happy to learn how to PL! (...if I’m not too late with my reply, that is)