[COMPLETE] Short Science Fiction Collection 068-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8781
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 1st, 2020, 4:43 pm

Grothmann wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 6:35 pm
Hi, Amy:

An old one. But I think the point is still valid.

it's a small solar system
by Allan Howard
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 9:20

Audio at--
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf068_itsasmalluniverse_howard_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28437

Thanks
Dale
Hi Dale,
Unfortunately still valid for sure.
PL OK :thumbs:
Thanks!
-Amy

Grothmann
Posts: 795
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » June 1st, 2020, 9:50 pm

Hi:

And All The Earth A Grave
By C.C. Macapp
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 18:30

Audio at --
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf068_andalltheearethagravel_macapp_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at --
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23146


The power of advertising.
Thanks
Dale

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8781
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 2nd, 2020, 6:43 am

Thanks for this, Dale! I'll PL soon. :)

katsmith124
Posts: 12
Joined: May 28th, 2020, 10:41 am

Post by katsmith124 » June 2nd, 2020, 5:27 pm

I did Beyond the Door by Philip K Dick. Pseudonym is Kat Adack
Link is https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/beyond_the_door.mp3 and is 13:51 long
Book is http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28644

I would love to do a few more of P K Dick if this is to your liking!

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8781
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 2nd, 2020, 6:39 pm

Thank you, Kat! I will PL soon, but at first glance there are technical issues you should resolve before recording more. The bitrate needs to be at 128kbps and it needs to be constant. Philip K. Dick is always a favorite with the listeners so don't hesitate to read more of them once you have the tech specs all straightened out/

katsmith124
Posts: 12
Joined: May 28th, 2020, 10:41 am

Post by katsmith124 » June 3rd, 2020, 11:44 am

alg1001 wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 6:39 pm
Thank you, Kat! I will PL soon, but at first glance there are technical issues you should resolve before recording more. The bitrate needs to be at 128kbps and it needs to be constant. Philip K. Dick is always a favorite with the listeners so don't hesitate to read more of them once you have the tech specs all straightened out/
Thank you! I didn't realize my presets changed and couldn't figure out how to get it back. But I've got it now! I'm actually going to re-record and re-upload if that's okay?

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8781
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 3rd, 2020, 5:20 pm

You should be able to make the adjustments on that file. If it speeds up or slows down your voice, you can adjust the tempo. If you want to re-record, that's fine. I don't want to make it more work.

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8781
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 4th, 2020, 6:27 am

aeb2468 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 9:20 pm
o The story title - Captain Chaos
o The author’s name - Nelson S. Bond
o https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf068_captainchaos_bond_aeb_128kb.mp3
o The URL for the online version of the text - https://www.gutenberg.org/files/62139/62139-h/62139-h.htm
o The duration of the recording - 46:49
• If this is your first submission to the Short Science Fiction Collections please provide:
o Aaron Bennett
Great reading, Aaron! I didn't see that coming. PL OQ :thumbs:

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8781
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 4th, 2020, 6:29 am

Grothmann wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:50 pm
Hi:

And All The Earth A Grave
By C.C. Macapp
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 18:30

Audio at --
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf068_andalltheearethagravel_macapp_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at --
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23146


The power of advertising.
Thanks
Dale
Pretty creepy! PL OK :thumbs:

katsmith124
Posts: 12
Joined: May 28th, 2020, 10:41 am

Post by katsmith124 » June 4th, 2020, 10:06 am

alg1001 wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 5:20 pm
You should be able to make the adjustments on that file. If it speeds up or slows down your voice, you can adjust the tempo. If you want to re-record, that's fine. I don't want to make it more work.
Okay, I made adjustments. the new link is
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/beyond_the_door_pk_dick.mp3

I look forward to recording more for this genre!

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8781
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 4th, 2020, 6:45 pm

Hi Kat,
Your reading is wonderful!
Your adjustments fixed the bitrate issues so that is great. It is a little too loud at 92 db. Please reduce the amplification to bring it in the 89 db range. And increase the silence at the end so that it is 5 seconds.
This file could have the title ssf068_beyondthedoor_dick_pk_128kb
I look forward to hearing more.
Thanks,
Amy

katsmith124
Posts: 12
Joined: May 28th, 2020, 10:41 am

Post by katsmith124 » June 5th, 2020, 6:13 pm

alg1001 wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 6:45 pm
Hi Kat,
Your reading is wonderful!
Your adjustments fixed the bitrate issues so that is great. It is a little too loud at 92 db. Please reduce the amplification to bring it in the 89 db range. And increase the silence at the end so that it is 5 seconds.
This file could have the title ssf068_beyondthedoor_dick_pk_128kb
I look forward to hearing more.
Thanks,
Amy
Done! Thank you for guiding me through this! Hopefully my next readings are a first time go now!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf068_beyondthedoor_dick_pk_128kb.mp3

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8781
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 5th, 2020, 7:37 pm

It is perfect now.
Thanks, Kat! :)

cavaet
Posts: 81
Joined: May 10th, 2020, 9:19 am

Post by cavaet » June 6th, 2020, 10:53 am

No Pets Allowed:-M.A.Cummings

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf068_nopetsallowed_cummings_mdl_128kb.mp3

Source Material Link

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/29139/29139-h/29139-h.htm


I'm in the catalogue under my nickname, cavaet.

shrikerlove
Posts: 12
Joined: November 26th, 2008, 5:15 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Post by shrikerlove » June 6th, 2020, 12:21 pm

It's been awhile since I've been on, but I think I might like to try to record for this collection. I'm not 100% that my recording of this will fall in the under 70 minute category since it's approximated at 78 in the shortish story collection. So I don't know if I'll end up needing to save it for another collection after recording. Any thoughts?
<3
Tricia - Shrike

Post Reply