[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 7 (Part II) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I made my corrections into this file

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_081_various-corrected_128kb.mp3

I changed the name in case I messed something up, I don't do editing normally. But, I listened to the entire poem while reading from the main text, and made the corrections mentioned.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: October 1st, 2020, 12:37 am I made my corrections into this file

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_081_various-corrected_128kb.mp3

I changed the name in case I messed something up, I don't do editing normally. But, I listened to the entire poem while reading from the main text, and made the corrections mentioned.
thank you Jason. Though usually it's best to let the original editor handle all post-corrections as well, so that we won't have any confusion.

And we need the standard link, not something with "corrected" at the end. Could you reupload one more time with the right filename please ? Don't worry about messing up, even if you did, the old file is not lost, just replaced. We can still pull it out in case yours was wrongly edited for some reason.

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetry7_2_081_various_128kb.mp3

Here it is.

I only did so this time as Tomas asked me to get it in as fast as possible. As a reminder, here were the corrections:

adr6090 wrote: September 8th, 2020, 4:14 pm Section 81 5:4
edits below
Jason's role as Tancred?
* 1:45 I hear "this said she sighted" while it should be "this said she sighed"
Jason again?
*3:06 "each cut and wound". Please replace the wound with one that sounds like the wound at 3:25
*3:39 "each wound". Same as above please.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Awesome Jason, thanks so much for your quick action!

Sonia, I guess you can quickly spot PL the file and then proceed right to cataloging? I think we can give April a little break, as she's worked so hard to help us.

But thank you, thank you, THANK YOU everyone for your hard work to meet our end goal! :clap: This was, I think, the biggest, most complex edition of this series we've tackled thus far, with so many DRs and so many different readers to coordinate. It took us a while, admittedly, but in the end we will have a project to be proud of.

I'll be in touch in the coming days about the next volume, which (sadly) is one of the last. In the meantime, think over whether you'll be able to participate or not. If you're on the fence: I can assure you, it will not be the mammoth undertaking this one was.

I'll hand it over to Sonia now so she can take care of the final details. Bravo everyone! :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 1st, 2020, 1:11 am Sonia, I guess you can quickly spot PL the file and then proceed right to cataloging? I think we can give April a little break, as she's worked so hard to help us.
yes I can do that. Actually since Jason was unsure about editing, I will re-listen to it all again, just to make sure.

And then I'll proceed to cataloguing.

Thank you all ! Adam, Adrian, Anthony, April, Craig, Jason, Kate and Tomas !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the final poem is PL ok, Jason, your edits were perfect. :) Thank you

So now I'll proceed to cataloguing, which will take a bit of time as there were so many sections. Stay tuned !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and DONE, without a glitch :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/worlds-best-poetry-7-2-by-various/

I can move us over to Completed projects now.

Super

Sonia
KateG

Post by KateG »

Oh wow, this is amazing! Thanks for letting me be part of this and for tirelessly teaching me the correct pronunciation! :9:
Reader's Page 13871

cc welcome!

"You're evil, you know that?", I said. She grinned and shook her head: "Chaotic neutral, sugar"
(Ernest Cline - Ready Player One)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KateG wrote: October 1st, 2020, 4:25 am Oh wow, this is amazing! Thanks for letting me be part of this and for tirelessly teaching me the correct pronunciation! :9:
your pronunciation is excellent, I didn't have too much to correct. 8-)

If you like to participate in the next one, please let us know. The same goes for the rest of the team. I know a few of you were only willing to help us out for this one while Craig had recording problems. Now he is back in the saddle, you are not obliged to go on, but that doesn't mean we will throw anybody out. If you want to keep on with this project, please let us know. So we know with how many readers we can expect next time.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Too awesome that this is now complete. It was my pleasure to pl this project. Possibly I will sign on to help when the final one is posted?
April
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I am in. Hopefully I will have my new recording studio set up by the time we start. That is slated for first half of November, so let's see! I am turning a walk in closet into a fully enclosed, soundproofed studio with new equipment for sound management and probably a new microphone as well.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada