COMPLETE: [RUSSIAN] Silhouettes of Russian Writers, Issue 2 -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chulsky wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 3:59 pmYA said well what Языков deserves for his idiotic chauvinism; separate apologies from me for what you would have to listen to.
no worries, it takes a lot to offend me :lol: and I know that chauvinism was very high in old texts. I take it with a grain of salt.

Section 21 is already PL ok :thumbs:

For 20 I have one small cut to suggest:

> at 13:37: (p. 32) repetition can be cut "на горныя вершины вѣры и богообщенія" (also a finger-snapping after this)

so close to the end now ! Have a good weekend

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Kitty, for finding the glitch, fixed:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/silhouettes2_20_aykhenvald_128kb.mp3
and the last section:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/silhouettes2_22_aykhenvald_128kb.mp3 [25:45]

I am launching the last, 3rd issue: viewtopic.php?p=1708507#p1708507. It might be some 50% longer.
I, of course, couldn't dream of a better PLer than you, but I don't want to impose on you. If you think you can, please claim and make me :9: . If not, no problem, just please let me know, and I'll insert a "~" there.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wohoooo, the final section.

Section 20 is already PL ok.

Just one short edit for Section 22 and then we're done :9:

> at 0:10: you forgot the end of the intro "Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс находится в общественном достоянии"
I am launching the last, 3rd issue: viewtopic.php?p=1708507#p1708507. It might be some 50% longer.
I, of course, couldn't dream of a better PLer than you, but I don't want to impose on you. If you think you can, please claim and make me :9: .
well...since we finished here, I guess I can continue in the series. This is the last part, right ? Let's see what we have there then. :)

see you soon

Sonia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sorry, I must have been too eager to finish the book :oops:
Sec.22 is fixed now.

:help: Jo, only today I noticed "ID3 tags are now optional. They are added automatically during cataloging."
I am taking pains with building the tags, I hope they would stay as I entered. I am not sure the automated process would handle the Russian tags well. What do you think? Thank you!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

chulsky wrote: April 25th, 2020, 5:23 pm Sorry, I must have been too eager to finish the book :oops:
Sec.22 is fixed now.

:help: Jo, only today I noticed "ID3 tags are now optional. They are added automatically during cataloging."
I am taking pains with building the tags, I hope they would stay as I entered. I am not sure the automated process would handle the Russian tags well. What do you think? Thank you!
They should come out the same as the titles in the section compiler with the author and book title as you have entered them in the original template. I can't validate the project in the cataloging process without overwriting the tags, but I can try to compare them to the originals and try to fix them to match your originals before the files get uploaded to archive.
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chulsky wrote: April 25th, 2020, 5:23 pm Sorry, I must have been too eager to finish the book :oops:
Sec.22 is fixed now.
and yay :clap: PL ok and this can get catalogued :9: on to the next...

Sonia
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

:9: :9: :9:
Thank you, Kitty and Jo :!: :!:
I checked the ID tags of the first vol. of this project, they are fine, no problem.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations Mark on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/silhouettes-of-russian-writers-issue-2-by-Yuly-Aykhenvald

It all looks good to me, but please check the Russian text on both the LC catalog page and the IA page to be sure. I've compared it all against your original tags, but it can't hurt for you to double check in case I missed anything.
Jo