Complete[GROUP]Dreams Collection 2 - Stories and Poems-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

dg73 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 7:19 am I'm trying to find out if H.P. Lovecraft's "The Strange High House in the Mist" is or isn't public domain in the US? I'd like to read it for this next dream collection if that's possible. Can you steer me in a reliable direction?
Thanks.
Here is what I found: The story was published in 1931 in Weird Tales.
I found the issue of the magazine on IA: https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV18N03193110/page/n107/mode/1up
One website I ran across said: "According to US Copyright law (Title 17, US Code), these items are in the Public Domain, since their original copyright registrations were not renewed after 28 years". One of our MC's, Phil Chenevert, records a lot of pulp fiction and may be able to tell us where to find text sources LV accepts if the link I provided doesn't suit.
Last edited by msfry on August 8th, 2020, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
dg73

Post by dg73 »

That would suite ME just fine! I can work with it as long as it's acceptable to LV!
Thanks very much for the information.
I really like the story. I think it fits in with dreams better than horror although there is some suspense as well.
Dan Gurzynski
msfry

Post by msfry »

dg73 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 8:25 am That would suite ME just fine! I can work with it as long as it's acceptable to LV!
Thanks very much for the information.
I really like the story. I think it fits in with dreams better than horror although there is some suspense as well.
Yes, a lot of stories have multiple components -- love, horror, dreams, hobbies, humor, etc.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Amy, Having not heard from Sarah since she posted her two stories on 7/6, I managed to fix them myself and mark them PL OK. This project is now ready for the catalog and cover is ready to go.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Sorry for the delay. I must have missed this post. It's late now. I will get it ready for the catalog in the morning.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/dream-collection-2-stories-and-poems-by-various/

Congratulations! :clap:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
msfry

Post by msfry »

alg1001 wrote: September 6th, 2020, 6:47 am • This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/dream-collection-2-stories-and-poems-by-various/

Congratulations! :clap:
It is actually supposed to be Dreams with an 's'. Same is true of the first collection, which I didn't notice until now.