[Complete] [IRISH FOLKLORE] Legends Of Saints And Sinners by Douglas Hyde-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 36:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/legendsofsaintsandsinners_36_hyde_128kb.mp3

33:18

Helen and miss stav, here is the story. I thought I should listen to the original before I recorded a replacement. What I discovered was a wonderful rendition that made me envious first and secondly convinced me that this was good enough--although there was some crazy stuff going on--to be salvaged. I allowed some liberties with the text, but nothing that altered the sense or meaning and so conforms to the rules for the "standard" reading. If you do not agree with me, I am happy to record the replacement. Sorry to prolong even further the completion of this project, but I could not in all conscience not try to save this delightful handling of this legend.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I don't know if I can agree, because in Librivox we have to record the original. However I leave it for Helen to judge.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I understand that. I just thought this one would be an exception to the rule, given its endearing cleverness. But I am cool with whatever you both decide. Jim
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Hi Miss Stav and Jim,

sect 36
spot PL OK

I agree with Jim, the reading was outstanding, it just needed editing out certain parts (which Jim did beautifully).

TY Jim for all your hard work. :clap:

This is a wrap!
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. You made my day. Thank you all. It was a beautiful project.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I knew this was not protocol and for that I am sincerely apologetic. But I am happy that this rendition of the legend is available. I could not have done it justice. Please forgive, miss stav. Jim
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

There is nothing to forgive on my side. I am glad you were open minded, you listened, and you decided what was done is ok- and you would not do more. It is not obvious.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for understanding! Jim :thumbs:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will start cataloging. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Good news! :thumbs:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/legends-of-saints-and-sinners-by-douglas-hyde/

Congratulations! :clap:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Aikenpayne

Post by Aikenpayne »

Good Evening All,

We got there in the end !!

Many, many, thanks to all who took part, particularly to Miss Stav (our Coordinator), Amy (our MC), and Helen (our Proof Listener), whose endless patience and encouragement got the project over the line. :clap:

Well done, one and all !

Cheers for now,

Sláinte

Aiken

(stay safe, everyone)