COMPLETE: Short Poetry Collection 028 - PO/ks

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gypsygirl
Posts: 8643
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 6:00 pm
Location: British expat in Waco, TX
Contact:

Post by gypsygirl » April 24th, 2007, 12:23 pm

geekcoach wrote:
geekcoach wrote:
Starlite wrote:Unfortunately, its only playing in one speaker. You have it set on stereo but there is nothing for the other speaker.
I'm not surprised - had to get at least ONE thing wrong out of the gate! I'll go fix those right away and upload them again.
Thanks VERY much for the feedback!
Okay - assuming that I didn't mess up the tags in the process, both should be good now. Same links as before.

Thanks again for the catch!
Very nice. :)
You can now find it linked from the first page.
Karen S.

gloriana
Posts: 10799
Joined: March 6th, 2007, 11:19 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Post by gloriana » April 24th, 2007, 8:54 pm

gypsygirl wrote:However, gutenberg also contains this poem (here, as a part of the Kiltartan Poetry Book, entitled The Grief of a Girl's Heart), but in their version, it's four stanzas longer. Would you be willing to add those four stanzas to your version?
Sure, no problem. Thanks for pointing me to the Gutenberg text. One thing: does anyone know if I'm pronouncing "Donal og" correctly? And there's another word in the longer version, "ochone," that I'm assuming is Gaelic? Any suggestions?

gypsygirl
Posts: 8643
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 6:00 pm
Location: British expat in Waco, TX
Contact:

Post by gypsygirl » April 24th, 2007, 9:39 pm

I'm afraid I don't know much about Irish pronunciation, but perhaps someone else will.
Karen S.

Hawden
Posts: 273
Joined: September 10th, 2006, 4:12 am
Location: Tonbridge, Kent, England
Contact:

Post by Hawden » April 25th, 2007, 12:11 pm

How can one do justice to THIS poem?? May I submit The Kingdom of God (also know as In No Strange Place) by Francis Thompson (1859–1907)?

Plese find it at:
http://www.sevenoaksprep.kent.sch.uk/librivox/kindgomofgod_thompson_ac.mp3
for the next few days. - Alan

Sources and information at:
http://www.bartleby.com/236/245.html
http://www.churchhouse.org.uk/book/page-18.shtml
[url=http://www.sevenoaksprep.kent.sch.uk][b]Alan[/b][/url]
[color=green][i]"But I want some reading—some fine bold reading, some splendid book..." (Noddy Boffin)[/color][/i]

Nidhogg
Posts: 55
Joined: April 12th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Post by Nidhogg » April 28th, 2007, 2:59 am

Hey 8)

Wanted to drop in a recording of a poem I just had to do for an American Lit class that I thought was really excellent and hadn't been done yet (I don't believe):

"Thanatopsis" by William Cullen Bryant

Here's the necessary Gutenberg link:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16341/16341-h/16341-h.htm#page12

and the link to my mediafire recording:

http://www.mediafire.com/?80oljnkyzy4

I hope you enjoy

Nidhogg

Claire
Posts: 2235
Joined: February 27th, 2007, 4:45 pm
Location: U.S.
Contact:

Post by Claire » April 28th, 2007, 11:59 am

Here is: Oh, Gray and Tender is the Rain by Lizette Woodworth Reese:

Source:
http://www.theotherpages.org/poems/reese01.html#7

File:
http://download.yousendit.com/E850A9C75980D42E

LeonMire
Posts: 2403
Joined: February 21st, 2007, 11:23 am
Location: Effingham, IL, USA

Post by LeonMire » April 30th, 2007, 12:22 am

Here is my first contribution to the Short Poetry section. It's William Blake's "The Clod and the Pebble," a poem I wrote a lengthy paper about!

Here is the Poets' Corner link:
http://www.theotherpages.org/poems/blake04.html#clod

Here is the link to the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8qnxjgjmzny

Size: 769 KB
Length: 49 seconds
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]

gypsygirl
Posts: 8643
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 6:00 pm
Location: British expat in Waco, TX
Contact:

Post by gypsygirl » April 30th, 2007, 6:42 am

Hawden wrote:How can one do justice to THIS poem?? May I submit The Kingdom of God (also know as In No Strange Place) by Francis Thompson (1859–1907)?

Plese find it at:
http://www.sevenoaksprep.kent.sch.uk/librivox/kindgomofgod_thompson_ac.mp3
for the next few days. - Alan

Sources and information at:
http://www.bartleby.com/236/245.html
http://www.churchhouse.org.uk/book/page-18.shtml
Got it, thanks Hawden.
Karen S.

gypsygirl
Posts: 8643
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 6:00 pm
Location: British expat in Waco, TX
Contact:

Post by gypsygirl » April 30th, 2007, 6:47 am

Nidhogg wrote:Hey 8)

Wanted to drop in a recording of a poem I just had to do for an American Lit class that I thought was really excellent and hadn't been done yet (I don't believe):

"Thanatopsis" by William Cullen Bryant

Here's the necessary Gutenberg link:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16341/16341-h/16341-h.htm#page12

and the link to my mediafire recording:

http://www.mediafire.com/?80oljnkyzy4

I hope you enjoy

Nidhogg
Got it, thanks. Only problem, you didn't mention LV in your disclaimer, either at the beginning or the end.
Karen S.

gypsygirl
Posts: 8643
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 6:00 pm
Location: British expat in Waco, TX
Contact:

Post by gypsygirl » April 30th, 2007, 6:52 am

Claire wrote:Here is: Oh, Gray and Tender is the Rain by Lizette Woodworth Reese:

Source:
http://www.theotherpages.org/poems/reese01.html#7

File:
http://download.yousendit.com/E850A9C75980D42E
Got it, Claire. Thanks.
Karen S.

gypsygirl
Posts: 8643
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 6:00 pm
Location: British expat in Waco, TX
Contact:

Post by gypsygirl » April 30th, 2007, 6:55 am

LeonMire wrote:Here is my first contribution to the Short Poetry section. It's William Blake's "The Clod and the Pebble," a poem I wrote a lengthy paper about!

Here is the Poets' Corner link:
http://www.theotherpages.org/poems/blake04.html#clod

Here is the link to the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8qnxjgjmzny

Size: 769 KB
Length: 49 seconds
Got it, Leon. Thanks.
Karen S.

Nidhogg
Posts: 55
Joined: April 12th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Post by Nidhogg » April 30th, 2007, 11:47 pm

Sorry about that. All fixed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3kiwdzjvzzz

gypsygirl
Posts: 8643
Joined: June 12th, 2006, 6:00 pm
Location: British expat in Waco, TX
Contact:

Post by gypsygirl » May 1st, 2007, 4:40 am

Nidhogg wrote:Sorry about that. All fixed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3kiwdzjvzzz
Great, thanks.
Karen S.

gloriana
Posts: 10799
Joined: March 6th, 2007, 11:19 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Post by gloriana » May 7th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Here is "The Grief of a Girl's Heart" (Gutenberg text is in a previous post):

http://www.mediafire.com/?6aymnxjnmzy

earthcalling
Posts: 6634
Joined: April 8th, 2006, 2:26 pm
Location: London, England

Post by earthcalling » May 8th, 2007, 10:47 pm


Post Reply