[COMPLETE] How To Write Short Stories (with samples), by Ring Lardner - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

15 and 16 are PL OK. Yep, poor kid was framed, but the story was spot on how inspiration makes the punches drive home. In other words, "without the dope, we mope." :mrgreen:

You did a mighty fine job on this story! Thank you, and thank you for your patience. :thumbs:
msfry

Post by msfry »

orbitalowl wrote: May 28th, 2020, 3:10 pm Sounds good! I'll work on it over the weekend. It looks like a fun story. OO
This reader has not shown up on LV again since he claimed My Roomy, nor has he replied to my PM a few weeks ago, so I am opening up this final story (it's a long one), and hoping to complete this project soon. Any takers?
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

msfry wrote: July 16th, 2020, 11:05 am I am opening up this final story (it's a long one), and hoping to complete this project soon. Any takers?
I'll take it! --Kurt
msfry

Post by msfry »

Fantastic! Thanks Kurt!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Wow, Kurt, that was fast!!!! Now if we can get these proofed and corrected by tomorrow, and if Todd can get us into the catalogue soon enough, we can contribute to the 100 mark for July. :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes My Roomy Section 11
4:52 repeat, but he put on the shirt

Section 12 is PL OK.
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

msfry wrote: July 26th, 2020, 4:02 pm PL Notes My Roomy Section 11
4:52 repeat, but he put on the shirt

Section 12 is PL OK.
I wasn't sure from the MW if you had completed proofing section 11 or not, but I went ahead and corrected the repeat. Sorry about that, I think one of my edits got undone:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/howtowriteshortstories_11_lardner_128kb.mp3 28:11

--Kurt
msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay, 11 is PL OK, and Mr. Lardner, this LV team of fab readers has just "hit one out of the ballpark" for you, all stories as well read as you wrote them IMHO. This was a thoroughly enjoyable project for me, I thank you all for joining in, and hope to see more of you around the LV playground.

Todd, I've tweaked the summary and keywords a bit so please use the latest ones. Cover is ready to go.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I will catalog tomorrow.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files can be found on the catalog page: https://librivox.org/how-to-write-short-stories-with-examples-by-ring-lardner/

Thanks, Todd

(Cover art is a mystery to me for cataloging, but if you put the links in the Cover Art forum, it will get linked in to this project soon.)
msfry

Post by msfry »

ToddHW wrote: July 28th, 2020, 12:24 pm This project is complete. Audio files can be found on the catalog page: https://librivox.org/how-to-write-short-stories-with-examples-by-ring-lardner/

Thanks, Todd

(Cover art is a mystery to me for cataloging, but if you put the links in the Cover Art forum, it will get linked in to this project soon.)
Thanks, Todd, only problem I see is that I corrected the project title a few weeks back to match the book:
How To Write Short Stories (with samples), by Ring Lardner (1885 - 1933)
i.e. Examples, should be samples and include parenthesis.

I do a lot of covers so I know the routine.
Last edited by msfry on July 28th, 2020, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I only updated the summary and keywords. I will see if title can be changed now,

Thanks, Todd
msfry

Post by msfry »

Correct title: How To Write Short Stories (with samples), by Ring Lardner