COMPLETE: The Chimney Corner by Harriet Beecher Stowe -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Oops again, I now notice you did not include the _128kb after hbstowe. I could go ahead and change this myself, but it is very important with so many details in each LV file, that you master the habit of copying the file name from the First Post in its entirety, then changing ONLY the section number. (leave off the .mp3 which is added automatically when you save as an .mp3)

chimneycorner_##_hbstowe_128kb

Also very helpful in future if you would include the file length each time you post a new version. Sometimes a reader's previous entry is several posts (or several pages) back, and this saves the BC having to hunt for it.
weezer

Post by weezer »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/chimneycorner_08_hbstowe_128kb.mp3
corrected upload
duration: 37:34 minutes
Thanks. Weezer
msfry

Post by msfry »

weezer wrote: May 21st, 2020, 3:57 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/chimneycorner_08_hbstowe_128kb.mp3
corrected upload
duration: 37:34 minutes
Thanks. Weezer
I tried to proof listen your file again tonight, and discovered that you are still citing the headings on each page as you read along.
Examples: 144 The Chimney Corner or Bodily Religion 145.
My original PL Notes instructed you to go through and remove these citations, which are not part of the story.
If you would like me to do this for you as I proof your story, I will. Just let me know.
weezer

Post by weezer »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/chimneycorner_08_hbstowe_128kb.mp3
duration 34:22
please be patient. One of these days I will figure all the technicalities out.
Thanks. Weezer
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 8 Bodily Religion

This is a delightful reading of a Stowe's savvy sermon on physical health, some of which seems almost like a comedy skit in your hands. You sound like an "embodied joy" yourself!

Just a few notes:
19:02 far from being a contumacious infidel and opposer, you say contemptuous infidel and oppresssor.
19:17 one significant anecdote, you say antedote.
21:16 confined and retained, you say rechained
34:12 and happy waking of early childhood? you say every
weezer

Post by weezer »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Weezer, Section 8 is PL OK . . . and you have now passed thru Librivox Recording 101. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The process gets easier and easier the more you do it, so I hope you'll stick around! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

We're getting real close to the end of this project and I'm ready to finish it. Haven't heard a word from Catsenti for over 2 months, neither here nor on LV, and his file is more than I can easily fix myself, so I'm opening up Section 10 to another reader.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Susan, I have corrected the file name on Section 6 to hbstowe, uploaded it, and marked it PL OK. Thanks for this very nice recording!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Michele,

I can move the thread back to Readers Wanted, or you can just post in the the orphans thread. Let me know which you prefer.
Jo
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I will record section 10 if you wish.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Bill, you're in for 10, and problem solved.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded section 10 - Entertainment

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/chimneycorner_10_hbstowe_128kb.mp3 27:39

Hope this helps.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

alzounes wrote: April 21st, 2020, 11:03 am Hello! I'd like to read Chapter 5, "The Transition"
As alzounes claimed Chapter 5 almost 2 months ago and has not been active on LV since that day, I'm going to open this file up to another reader. And if one doesn't come along soon, I shall read it myself. It's time to bag this pretty puppy.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 10 is PL OK. Sorry it took me so long to PL this interesting read.
Now we know why there are basketball and tennis courts and skate board parks and race tracks and public swimming pools all over the place, and vigorous sports programs and competition in every school. Gotta keep those boys busy! :D