[COMPLETE] The Anzac Book by various - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: February 6th, 2020, 6:43 pm
Upon reflection, I think this project deserves a more complete summary. If you don't mind, I will add something to it ... and sooner than later.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yep - anytime before cataloging. Just let me know that you've changed the summary, or I may not notice.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

norgus

Post by norgus »

I'd like to claim section 3, will wait for feedback on my 1 minute test to submit.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

norgus wrote: February 9th, 2020, 2:46 pm I'd like to claim section 3, will wait for feedback on my 1 minute test to submit.
Wonderful to have you aboard.

I will reserve Section 3 for you, but I must first ask about your display name. We have two names at LibriVox: the forum name and the display name. I use KevinS for both, but you can decide to use any name---including your real name---for our public catalog. Please let me know what you decide and I can get you entered into our system.
IvanneR

Post by IvanneR »

I'd like to claim section 43 please
norgus

Post by norgus »

KevinS wrote: February 9th, 2020, 4:30 pm

I will reserve Section 3 for you, but I must first ask about your display name. We have two names at LibriVox: the forum name and the display name. I use KevinS for both, but you can decide to use any name---including your real name---for our public catalog. Please let me know what you decide and I can get you entered into our system.
Guess I'll go nice and simple with "norgus", please!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

norgus wrote: February 10th, 2020, 3:16 am
KevinS wrote: February 9th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Guess I'll go nice and simple with "norgus", please!
Okay! Thanks!

Here is your Reader Page: https://librivox.org/reader/13899
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

IvanneR wrote: February 10th, 2020, 12:33 am I'd like to claim section 43 please
Wonderful! Thank you!

First I will ask you to decide on a display name. We all have a Forum Name and then a Display Name (which is seen publicly in our catalog.) I use KevinS for both, but you may use any name you wish for your your display name, including your real name, if you wish.

Let me know what you decide and I will enter you into our system. Decide carefully, as it is difficult to change the display name once it is entered into the system.

Again, thank you!
norgus

Post by norgus »

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

norgus wrote: February 10th, 2020, 9:11 am Section 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/anzacbook_03_various.mp3 (9:39)
Thank you! I'll try to have a listen today.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Oh, the one thing I can see straight away is that your file name is missing the '_128kb' which the computer---or someone---likes.

I'll listen to the recording and then ask that you make that small edit (and anything else that turns up.)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

A great reading. Your pronunciations of whiz and bang and all that is marvelous! Recording is PL OK! with the exception of the file name which needs correction. (I'll mark the recording as 'See PL notes' for the time being.)

I would add, if you don't mind, that the recording could be improved by your perhaps running noise reduction, but, more specifically, you have a good number of clicks and tics that could be removed with a little work. And example can be found at 7:52, though there are a good many.

Many thanks to you!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

If it's only the file name, then don't worry about it. Make sure the MW has the link to the file as it's now named, and I'll fix the file name at cataloging time. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart