COMPLETE [Short Stories] Myths and Legends Around the World - Collection 1 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RobinPratt

Post by RobinPratt »

May I please read the section of the Popol Vuh if it doesn't have a reader? Please list me as Robin Pratt
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

RobinPratt wrote: April 7th, 2020, 1:28 pm May I please read the section of the Popol Vuh if it doesn't have a reader? Please list me as Robin Pratt
Hi, Robin!! Welcome to LibriVox!

I will very happily reserve that story for a week for you, but beforeyou do the recording, can you do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section.

Here is the link: 1-Minute Test

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)

Glad to have you with us!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
RobinPratt

Post by RobinPratt »

LCaulkins wrote: April 7th, 2020, 2:59 pm
RobinPratt wrote: April 7th, 2020, 1:28 pm May I please read the section of the Popol Vuh if it doesn't have a reader? Please list me as Robin Pratt
Hi, Robin!! Welcome to LibriVox!

I will very happily reserve that story for a week for you, but beforeyou do the recording, can you do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section.

That page contains a link for using Audacity, if that's the software you're recording with: Audacity 1-2-3

Each of these pages has specific step-by-step help for getting everything set up the way our files need to be done for the Archive. And if something is going whacky, Listeners & Editors is the board where folks will offer help. :)

Glad to have you with us!
Will do, thank you! :)
AbigailHee

Post by AbigailHee »

Hi I would like to read Section 11 if that's alright!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

AbigailHee wrote: April 8th, 2020, 7:57 am Hi I would like to read Section 11 if that's alright!
Hi, Abigail :)

Welcome to LibriVox! - Like with Robin, I am happy to reserve that story for a week for you.

But before you do the recording, can you do the 1-Minute Test and post the file to the Listeners & Editors Wanted board? It's not actually a test or audition of any kind, but is solely meant to make sure your system is set properly before you do all the work of a real section.

Also, I will need to know what name you want us to use to make your Reader Page for the public Catalog.

Nice to have you onboard!

EDITED 4/21:

Hey, Abigail, as this collection is close to being complete, I've opened this section back up for anyone to claim. If you get your system set up and approved, you are absolutely welcome to reclaim this. :) If it gets claimed before you return, there is a Collection 2, and you would be most welcome to choose a story to do for that set. Hope all is well!
Last edited by LCaulkins on April 21st, 2020, 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
RebekahS

Post by RebekahS »

Ready for PL:
For #9 (for which I assume you have all the info already)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mlaw001_howkangaroo_thomas_rs_128kb.mp3

Length: 04:54
Please let me know if any changes need to be made. Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

RebekahS wrote: April 9th, 2020, 9:27 am Ready for PL:
For #9 (for which I assume you have all the info already)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mlaw001_howkangaroo_thomas_rs_128kb.mp3

Length: 04:54
Please let me know if any changes need to be made. Thanks!
Thank you so much, Rebekah :)

Yes, I do already have the source information.
~Lynette * -
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

I have a second selection for this collection, this one from Mexico:

The Legend of the Mulata de Cordoba by Thomas Allibone Janvier (1849-1913).
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mlaw001_mulatadecordoba_janvier_asm_128kb.mp3 (8:36)
https://archive.org/details/cu31924021258151/page/n49/mode/2up

Enjoy! Anita
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Anitazz wrote: April 14th, 2020, 7:43 am I have a second selection for this collection, this one from Mexico:

The Legend of the Mulata de Cordoba by Thomas Allibone Janvier (1849-1913).
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mlaw001_mulatadecordoba_janvier_asm_128kb.mp3 (8:36)
https://archive.org/details/cu31924021258151/page/n49/mode/2up

Enjoy! Anita
Thank you so much, Anita! You found another fantastic source! We have filled this first collection, so I'm going to use yours to start Collection 2. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TriciaG wrote: January 26th, 2020, 5:09 pm This is set up.

It shouldn't have required a text source. Maybe it required one because you didn't set this as a collection (the question that asked if this project will have multiple texts and authors). :hmm:

Are you familiar with adding the metadata to the MW - the author and text source for each section?
Hi, Tricia! Two things:

Edit: Digging more through notes about the template, looks like I just put "N/A" in the source/author fields. :) 1 - I am trying to set up Collection 2, since folks are sending more material in already. (yay!!) When I check the button for multiple texts and authors, it does not remove the requirement for a text source and author in the template. Should I do the same thing that I did for this collection, and just input the source and author for the first selection?

2- I've been updating the metadata on this collection's sections. We need these authors added. I've included the largest amount of information I could find for each one:

Marie Harriette Frary (from Hathitrust: Frary, Marie Harriette, b. 1883.)
Beatrice Clay (from Gutenberg: Clay, Beatrice E. (Beatrice Elizabeth))
W. E. Thomas (from Hathitrust: Thomas, W. E. (William Edward), 1928-)
Last edited by LCaulkins on April 15th, 2020, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lynette * -
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll investigate.

Please see my PM. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

1 - I am trying to set up Collection 2, since folks are sending more material in already. (yay!!) When I check the button for multiple texts and authors, it does not remove the requirement for a text source and author in the template. Should I do the same thing that I did for this collection, and just input the source and author for the first selection?
You're right - it won't take nothing for an answer. :) I'd say, don't type in a text source link. Instead, type whatever you'd like to show in that spot in the first post. "You supply the text link" or "User chosen" or something like that.

Working on the authors...
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Edit: Digging more through notes about the template, looks like I just put "N/A" in the source/author fields.
Don't put "N/A" in the author field. That will try to make a new author whose last name is N/A. :shock: Put "Various" in for the author, please.

EDIT: authors are in.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TriciaG wrote: April 15th, 2020, 8:36 am
Edit: Digging more through notes about the template, looks like I just put "N/A" in the source/author fields.
Don't put "N/A" in the author field. That will try to make a new author whose last name is N/A. :shock: Put "Various" in for the author, please.

Super! Thanks so much for the info and the authors. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TriciaG wrote: April 15th, 2020, 8:36 am

I got everyone plugged into Meta, except Marie Harriette Frary won't come up in the search box.
~Lynette * -