COMPLETE: Virginia by Ellen Glasgow -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav » February 12th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Marty, sorry for the family helph matter. Please open a thread in the listeners and eddetors wanted section of the forum and upload your one- minute test for feedback. Not here. It is important that you get feedback from as many people as possible and not many people see this thread.

Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

Martyp

Post by Martyp » February 13th, 2020, 11:10 am

Done - two posts ... just realized I had to put link in the message.

Take a listen when you have an opportunity!

Thanks~!

Marty

MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas » February 16th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Martyp wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:10 am
Done - two posts ... just realized I had to put link in the message.

Take a listen when you have an opportunity!

Thanks~!

Marty

I’m not completely sure, but I think the test recording also needs to go in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, too. Looking forward to working with you.
Mary

“A writer only begins a book. A reader finishes it.” – Samuel Johnson

Marsupial's Books

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » February 16th, 2020, 9:32 pm

You are correct Mary - Listeners Wanted is the place to post test recordings.

Meanwhile, I found Marty's test recording in her introductory post and left feedback on it there.

viewtopic.php?p=1679874#p1679874
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas » February 24th, 2020, 5:57 pm

I’m looking forward to listening to this book. :)
Mary

“A writer only begins a book. A reader finishes it.” – Samuel Johnson

Marsupial's Books

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 » February 29th, 2020, 7:03 am

I would like to claim thus book as a solo project. Jim :thumbs:

miss stav

Post by miss stav » February 29th, 2020, 7:05 am

How lovely. Have a lot of fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » February 29th, 2020, 8:22 am

Stav,

If you are accepting Jim's offer, I assume that means you have decided not to wait any longer for Marty who also wanted to claim the whole book?
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

miss stav

Post by miss stav » February 29th, 2020, 11:44 am

I think this book is in limbo for too long. On the one hand, yes, Marty was here first. But on the other, she is a new reader. I didn't give her the whole book because according to the librivox policy one should read a little from collaborative projects first, to see how things are going. I want to let her do things on her own pace. Let her explore librivox in her own pace. she submited a test, which is a great first step. I could have pmed her about this but decided that it would only give her the false impression that there is pressure to do things fast, and not in the best pace for her. She can always start a second version of this book, it's no problem. Librivox allows multipal versions. Jim has a lot of experience around this sistam so I gave him the book. However if you disagree with me please let me know. We can discuss this.

miss stav

Post by miss stav » February 29th, 2020, 5:22 pm

On second thought, I was wrong. This book is in limbo, so I will assign it to Marty. I will follow around to watch the progress.

miss stav

Post by miss stav » February 29th, 2020, 5:32 pm

Ok, I thought about this long and hard. I decided, on second thought, to give Marty a chance. I will sign her up for the intire book and watch the progress in this thread. I was very new, about a month here I think, when I started Cecilia by Fanny Burney, a book with 107 chapters. The beginning was tereble, but after a few years it was complete. I will be around to follow and if anything happens I will take it back.

Rhodygirl62

Post by Rhodygirl62 » March 3rd, 2020, 1:57 pm

Hello, I think I'd like to dive in with Section 1, Chapter 1, if it's alright.

Rhodygirl62

Post by Rhodygirl62 » March 3rd, 2020, 2:05 pm

Whoops, looks like I offered to take a chapter. I should have read more of these threads before making my offer. If such is the case, I'll withdraw my request to participate. Just let me know what you've decided. Thanks.

Rhodygirl62

Post by Rhodygirl62 » March 3rd, 2020, 2:08 pm

What I meant to say is that it appears, via the thread, that the book narration in its entirety has been either assigned/offered to two individuals. Which means, I guess, that this book is unavailable for others to read. Sorry for the bother. Best of luck.

miss stav

Post by miss stav » March 3rd, 2020, 2:46 pm

Oh it is my fault. This book is assigned to MartyP, but I was unable to enter her into the mw. I did not manage to create a catalogue page and did not discover if there is one. So I tried for hours and didn't post. I am sorry for the mess.
Jo, can you help with that? I don't know why I cannot enter Marty.