COMPLETE [SOLO - Spanish] Monja y Casada, Vírgen y Mártir - Libro Primero, El Convento de Santa Teresa - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Here is Ch.7. Thanks David :D
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Chapter 7 is PL OK. :thumbs:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Thanks David! :D
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Here is Ch. 8 Thanks David. :D
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Chapter 8 is PL OK. I tried to read the translated text to get a sense of the story, but the translation leaves a bit to be desired. :?
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Thanks David. Did you use Google translate? :D See if you get something like this:

Beatriz and Don Fernando are in love. Her brother wants to marry her with Mejía, who is evil but has a lot of money (which his half sister, Blanca will inherit half of it when she turns 20). The brother of Beatriz didn't want to build the convento, and that was the last wish of their uncle who took them in when they were orphans of father and mother. Beatriz wants to do it because he promised her uncle before he died that she would do it. Blanca came to Beatriz home to tell her that she heard her brother and Beatriz's brother talking about killing Fernando, who is helpling Beatriz with the construction of the convent and wants to marry Beatriz.

The "Bachiller" works for the Archbishop, but is kind of a hypocrite and is associated with low morals people... He went to the house of Sarmiento looking for one of his "friends" (Ahuizote) because he thinks that he is in charge of killing don Fernando, and he is trying to stop it, then he finds out that Sarmiento is a real witch, and she does some kind of witchery to find out who will kill Fernando... He is supposed to be a "loyal friend" and don't want him dead.

:D
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Here is Ch. 9. I noticed that at 11:19 I said "Permítame su señoría" insted of "permítame usía", and in 11:58 I said: Mi señor Alonso, instead of "Mi señor Don Alonso" - both are ok; the meaning doesn't change. Thanks David :D
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

The translator is, I think, built into Gutenberg; opening the text I get a box 'Translate this page ? '
... two and half centuries, Mexico was not even a shadow of what it had been in the times of Moctezuma, or what should be in the happy years we achieve.

The streets were deserted, and many of them turned into canals; public buildings were few and poor, and those immense convents of friars and nuns were just beginning to project, which the hand of the Reformation has already turned into private rooms.

You lived then very differently from how you live today. At eight o'clock at night, almost no one was already walking in the streets, and only occasionally did the lantern of a mayor go round, or the light with which a squire or a rodrigon illuminated the path of a listener, of an intendant, or of a lady who returned from a visit. Stray dogs seized the streets since the night's prayer, and attacked the beasts like wild animals.

The truanes and the thieves had a free letter to walk around the city; The security police were alone in the arms of the neighbors.
eta.... Chapter 9 is PL OK. :D
David Lawrence

Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

I believe they use a translator similar to Google’s. The thing is that the book in Spanish uses many old fashioned words and they dont translate correctly, but you can have an idea of what is going on. At first I had to go to the dictionary often to check out words (like Oidor which is a title of Don Fernando, and back then is how they called a Judge), etc 😃
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Here is Ch. 10 - tells about what Martin (the Bachiller) and la Sarmiento (the witch) did while he was in her house, and what he found out...

Until chapter 11 - Have a Happy Valentine's Day!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Chapter XI is PL OK.
We have granddaughters this weekend. :help:
David Lawrence

Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Great! Enjoy them! Thanks!
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

I've been very busy lately. Here is Ch 12, Teodoro, the slave, is a rich man! :D I will try to upload Ch.13 in the next few days.

Thanks David, Have a nice weekend!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Hopefully, the weather improves for the weekend, we have a major winter storm up here right now.
David Lawrence

Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Like they say in Spanish: Febrero loco, Marzo otro poco :D
Stay safe and warm!