COMPLETE[PLAY]The Old Bachelor by William Congreve - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Hello, would like to claim Bellmour if possible.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
BLNEW

Post by BLNEW »

Hi,

May I please claim Araminta for the 3 acts she's in?

Thanks,
~B
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Rhodygirl62

Post by Rhodygirl62 »

I'm up for the part of Lucy, if it is still available. Thanks.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Todd: a quick question - will you want the narrator to read the whole of the introduction? It's interesting, but quite long, and I'm hesitating about the time required.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MichaelMaggs wrote: March 6th, 2020, 4:19 pm Todd: a quick question - will you want the narrator to read the whole of the introduction? It's interesting, but quite long, and I'm hesitating about the time required.
No, do not read the introduction.

Please read:
TO THE RIGHT HONOURABLE CHARLES, LORD CLIFFORD OF LANESBOROUGH, ETC.
TO MR. CONGREVE (3 sections)
PROLOGUE INTENDED....
PROLOGUE

Thanks, Todd
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

OK, thanks, I can take it then.
Rhodygirl62

Post by Rhodygirl62 »

Here are Acts III and V for the part of Lucy:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oldbachelor_3_128kb.mp3
[3:04]

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oldbachelor_5_128kb.mp3
[4:20]

Hope they are ok. Had fun doing it.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Rhodygirl62 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 10:28 amHere are Acts III and V for the part of Lucy:
thank you for this wonderful performance. You played Lucy quite calm and keeping her cool (apart from one small incident where she loses it a bit :lol: ) I like the characterization :thumbs:

Just careful with your volume, you have quite a lot of clipping in your audio, which sometimes makes the sound a bit odd. Also there is some pronounced background noise still, I would suggest running a round of noise-cleaning, to make it sound a bit clearer.

Apart from that, there are a few missed lines that need be included in Act 3:

> for the voice credit, could you please always include the full description, as marked in the MW, here: "Lucy, her maid, read by..."

> at 3:00: missed couplet: "Man was by nature woman’s cully made: We never are but by ourselves betrayed."

> after 3:00: there is a whole Scene VI and Scene XI, which both have Lucy speak a lot still. At least a dozen missed lines ;) ah actually now I see you have Scene VI in your second file, could you copy/paste all those lines at the end of the file for act 3, because that is where they belong. And then there are still the two missed lines from Scene XI, which also belong there

And Act 5 is therefore is completely missing in the file named _5_, not sure whether you haven't recorded yet, or whether you overwrote Act 5 with your lines from Act 3 :? I hope not.

Thank you

Sonia
Rhodygirl62

Post by Rhodygirl62 »

Kitty wrote: March 11th, 2020, 12:01 pm
Rhodygirl62 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 10:28 amHere are Acts III and V for the part of Lucy:
thank you for this wonderful performance. You played Lucy quite calm and keeping her cool (apart from one small incident where she loses it a bit :lol: ) I like the characterization :thumbs:

Just careful with your volume, you have quite a lot of clipping in your audio, which sometimes makes the sound a bit odd. Also there is some pronounced background noise still, I would suggest running a round of noise-cleaning, to make it sound a bit clearer.

> for the voice credit, could you please always include the full description, as marked in the MW, here: "Lucy, her maid, read by..."

> at 3:00: missed couplet: "Man was by nature woman’s cully made: We never are but by ourselves betrayed."

> after 3:00: there is a whole Scene VI and Scene XI, which both have Lucy speak a lot still. At least a dozen missed lines ;) ah actually now I see you have Scene VI in your second file, could you copy/paste all those lines at the end of the file for act 3, because that is where they belong. And then there are still the two missed lines from Scene XI, which also belong there

And Act 5 is therefore is completely missing in the file named _5_, not sure whether you haven't recorded yet, or whether you overwrote Act 5 with your lines from Act 3 :? I hope not.

Thank you

Sonia
Hmmm, let me take a look at this and fix these issues. Not sure what happened. While I thought I had copied the entire scripts, I must have missed something - obviously. Not a problem. I'll get this fixed and back to you probably by sometime tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

L
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Noticed my claim expires today and I'd like to be more proactive on that front, so may I request an extension as I take care of my older claims? :)
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Extended 1 month.

Thanks, Todd
Rhodygirl62

Post by Rhodygirl62 »

Rhodygirl62 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Kitty wrote: March 11th, 2020, 12:01 pm

Thank you

Sonia
Hmmm, let me take a look at this and fix these issues. Not sure what happened. While I thought I had copied the entire scripts, I must have missed something - obviously. Not a problem. I'll get this fixed and back to you probably by sometime tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

L
In Act III, Scene VII, there is a line following Lucy's last line of the scene that just doesn't seem to be hers. It is, "That woman sure enjoys a blessed night, Whom love and vengeance both at once delight." This seems to be spoken about Lucy. Not sure how to proceed. Please advise.

Thanks.
L