COMPLETE[PLAY]The Old Bachelor by William Congreve - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

I see no lines for Belinda in Act III am I missing something?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JtotheP716 wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oldbachelor_belinda_02_128kb.mp3 05:52
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oldbachelor_belinda_04_128kb.mp3 05:19
I see no lines for Belinda in Act III am I missing something?
hmm yes, you seem to be right, I don't see any lines for her either. Maybe we got confused with the Bell. abbreviation ? I removed the section for you.

Acts 2 and 4 are totally PL ok now. Oooh Miss Belinda shows a bit of a mean streak here, doesn't she ? ;) But extremely entertaining again. (I like the spitting :lol: )

thank you !

Sonia
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

She's a sharp one that Belinda. I love her.
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent ending, thank you so much, Jennifer :) well in the end she gets her Bellmour it seems, regardless how snappy she was with him. Just like in the cheesy Hollywood movies, the ones that quarrel at the beginning will end up a couple in the end :lol:

you missed one line:

> at 0:14: repeat "on my conscience...." - one version can be cut

> at about 1:16: missed line: "Oh, the filthy rude beast."

Sonia
JtotheP716

Post by JtotheP716 »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, now definitely PL ok :)

hear you in another play soon hopefully

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Heartwell awaits PL in the MW. What a loathsome character. Just begging to be taken advantage of.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 5th, 2020, 6:28 pmHeartwell awaits PL in the MW. What a loathsome character. Just begging to be taken advantage of.
well he is not the old stereotype fool though. More like a grumpy Scrooge (for women, instead of Christmas). And in the end he somehow got out of it all, hmmm, not sure I like this ending. He would have deserved a little lesson :lol:

Excellently grumpy performance, growling your way through it all. You were a bit hoarse I think, is it your pre-coffee voice again ? :mrgreen:

Totally PL ok. Only found one repeat in Act 5:

> at 4:10: repeat: "Not fiends or furies could have added to my vexation" – one version can be cut, but of course you can also do that while editing later, so I will mark it PL ok right away, up to you whether you want to reupload immediately or leave it for later.

Thanks for the entertaining performance :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Fixed and uploaded, although as you say I will deal with it anyway in editing, so no need to listen again.

Todd
Miller4815

Post by Miller4815 »

May I read Bellmour, please?
Miller4815

Post by Miller4815 »

Sorry, make that Sharper.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welcome. Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

NOTE: before you do anything else, you should do the one-minute test so that you can be sure your equipment is set up properly to give us files we can use. Don't want to find out that something isn't set right after doing a long recording. I will hold your claim a coupe weeks until that is complete.

THEN: The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I have also made a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which should be something like: "Iphicrate, prince in love with Eriphyle, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 2-3 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd