COMPLETE[PLAY]The Old Bachelor by William Congreve - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MrsHand wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:08 pmHere's Sharper!
yay, thank you Kristin :) Sharper is quite the schemer here, well done. I love the overall nonchalance you put into the role, as if nothing really affects him. :thumbs: Well done.

Acts 1-4 already PL ok.

One small note for Act 5 though:

> at 0:41: "this letter, that so sticks in thy maw, is counterfeit" - you say "my maw"

thank you

Sonia
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I redid the whole line because I didn't like the edit, but now all should be well!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oldbachelor_sharper_05_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MrsHand wrote: April 12th, 2020, 7:45 am I redid the whole line because I didn't like the edit, but now all should be well!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oldbachelor_sharper_05_128kb.mp3
indeed, PL ok now, thank you :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: April 13th, 2020, 6:49 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oldbachelor_barnaby_4_128kb.mp3 0:59
Corrected intro.
thank you, and PL ok now :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and thanks Elijah :) nice to have you in here as well. I guess you were relieved that these roles were much easier than in the Jonson play :mrgreen:

Everything can be marked PL ok straight away. :clap: Nice job. The volume is a bit low in them all, but Todd will adjust that anyway.

There was a small difference in Music-master Act 2, but I think your version can make sense too, so I'll pass it :) Just for info, in case you want to be wordperfect:

> at 0:36: "wakes 'em from the golden dream" - you say "walks them". He is waking them up from the dream, but walking them away from their dream kinda conveys the same, so this is ok for me. It's even more poetic in a way.

Thanks

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Kitty wrote: April 13th, 2020, 9:33 am and thanks Elijah :) nice to have you in here as well. I guess you were relieved that these roles were much easier than in the Jonson play :mrgreen:

Everything can be marked PL ok straight away. :clap: Nice job. The volume is a bit low in them all, but Todd will adjust that anyway.

There was a small difference in Music-master Act 2, but I think your version can make sense too, so I'll pass it :) Just for info, in case you want to be wordperfect:

> at 0:36: "wakes 'em from the golden dream" - you say "walks them". He is waking them up from the dream, but walking them away from their dream kinda conveys the same, so this is ok for me. It's even more poetic in a way.

Thanks

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia! I'll probably edit that line then. :D
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Availle wrote: April 6th, 2020, 4:22 pm OH, I love forsaken mistresses... could I, no, not be one :shock: , but read that part?
Umm... once again, I cannot find any lines of her, only a single one in the very last scene:

SYLV. The worst of me is, that I am your wife—

Could you confirm that please?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: April 15th, 2020, 5:31 am
Availle wrote: April 6th, 2020, 4:22 pm OH, I love forsaken mistresses... could I, no, not be one :shock: , but read that part?
Umm... once again, I cannot find any lines of her, only a single one in the very last scene:

SYLV. The worst of me is, that I am your wife—

Could you confirm that please?
no, she has a lot more. Check for "Silv." I think, it's only once at the end where she is spelled "Sylv."

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

True! I only checked Sylvia, since this is how it's spelled in the Dramatis Personae.

I wanted to record this tonight, but there are ahem... lovesick cats roaming outside. I don't think this is conducive to my recording. :lol:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: April 15th, 2020, 6:44 am I wanted to record this tonight, but there are ahem... lovesick cats roaming outside. I don't think this is conducive to my recording. :lol:
:mrgreen: it would add steam to Sylvia. She seems not adverse to love herself. Well there is still time...the cats have to sleep at some point :shock:

Sonia
BLNEW

Post by BLNEW »

Hi,

I wanted to follow up on my request for a one month extension requested April 11th, 2:22 pm. I haven't heard back on it and the original due date is tomorrow.

Thanks,
~B