[COMPLETE][History][Geography]World's Story 10: England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Todd, will PL soon :9:

and now:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The new project has been launched: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=79044

Let's move across the Atlantic now and check out the New World !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

it sounds super :clap: thank you again, Todd, for the huge help in editing. :9: And the merging of the witches was really well done, the voices and sentences are quite clear.

To everbody, thanks for your participation, it sounds really great assembled.

PL ok. I think this may well be the longest section of this project.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Sonia!

Quick update: the remainder of my sections have been recorded and I just need to edit them, which I'll do tomorrow. No need for another extension; the files will be on their way! :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: April 15th, 2020, 8:35 pmQuick update: the remainder of my sections have been recorded and I just need to edit them, which I'll do tomorrow. No need for another extension; the files will be on their way! :mrgreen:
now that is good news, thank you Tomas 8-)

that means we are only waiting for one more section....I hope Julie is still around

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: April 16th, 2020, 4:07 pm And here are my files!
thank you, Tomas, this was well worth the wait. Especially the heroic poem about Trafalgar was awesome. :thumbs: All 5 sections PL ok. We are sooo close now !!!

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Sorry for taking so long to get it to you. I hope you enjoy it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_005_tappan_128kb.mp3

28:4

Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: April 19th, 2020, 3:06 pmSorry for taking so long to get it to you. I hope you enjoy it.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_005_tappan_128kb.mp3
wonderful, thank you so much, Julie. And no need to apologize, you were still well inside your deadline. Although we are of course thrilled to catalogue this project finally, so thanks for making this a priority. Beautiful, flawless reading of a very exciting story. :thumbs: PL ok.

And that means, we have again reached the end of the project, so here are a few statistics for those interested:

Book 10 has been recorded by no less than 32 readers , which, along with Book 4, was the most readers we have had so far in this series. :clap: Thank you all !

readers who have participated in each one of the 10 books already: adr6090 / catharmaiden / Kitty / mightyfelix / moniaqua / neecheelok70 / WiltedScribe
readers in 9 books: alanmapstone / Availle / bluechien / NemoR
readers in 8 books: ColleenMC
readers in 7 books: ToddHW
readers in 6 books: knotyouraveragejo
readers in 5 books: Kikisaulite / SaraHale
readers in 3 books: Jmbau1 / KevinS / PatrS / RuthP
readers in 2 books: adrianstephens / Hopeforce1
and readers for whom this was the first book in the series: Bloater51 / BriannaChiles / chulsky / eringrassie / jasonb / JenniferFour / JT68 / JulieB3 / Piotrek81 / pschempf

Two newbies had their debut in this project, so a warm welcome to Bloater51 and BriannaChiles. Many more to come hopefully. :)

And the few milestones this time were:

1) first PL ok section: was again achieved by Alan for the burial of Sir John Moore. Also a special thanks here for all the great songs you provided this time
2) 50% PL ok mark : Jim reached this goal with the Grand Canal Hotel
3) the 100th PL ok section was narrated by Devorah with the story of St. Patrick
4) most sections narrated (16 in total !): the palm goes once again to Jim (also thanks for PLing my own section)
5) the longest section this time actually was our little drama excerpt, but the longest solo achievement goes to Julie for her charge with prince Rupert (actually the last section to be PLed only today)
6) and a big thank you for our gifted drama group for the murder of King Duncan (ok, that came out wrong :lol: ) : Adrian, Alan, April, Devorah, Eva, Jim, Monika, Nemo, Sandra, Sarah, Todd, Tomas (and myself)
7) and as always a big thanks to Miguel (Basquetteur), who did each of the CD covers so far

Launching the cataloging process now, will post link when it's done

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And finished, moving over to Completed projects :)

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/worlds-story-volume-x-by-eva-march-tappan/

Sonia