[COMPLETE][History][Geography]World's Story 10: England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 64--awesome rhyme scheme, Mr. Scott!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_064_tappan_128kb.mp3

6:27

Jim
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sonia, I would like an extension on my two remaining sections, please. I was hoping to get them done this week, but I haven't been able to find the energy. Thank you in advance!
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Sonia,

I'd like a small extension for my claims expiring March 6th. Will try to record them Friday or this weekend!
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 5th, 2020, 12:06 pm Here is Section 64--awesome rhyme scheme, Mr. Scott!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_064_tappan_128kb.mp3
wow indeed, quite an action-packed poem. :thumbs: wonderfully recited, thank you, Jim. Absolutely PL ok :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:Sonia, I would like an extension on my two remaining sections, please. I was hoping to get them done this week, but I haven't been able to find the energy. Thank you in advance!
WiltedScribe wrote:Hi Sonia,
I'd like a small extension for my claims expiring March 6th. Will try to record them Friday or this weekend!
thank you for letting me know, Devorah and Tomas. Of course I can give you an extension. One month is enough, I hope, as we are approaching the end soon. And whatever you can do earlier, I will be happy about 8-)

I think Availle also mentioned an extension request a few days earlier, so this one is granted as well. New deadline: 6 April.

Thank you

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for this too. Jim :thumbs:
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Kitty -

May I have section 114?
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: March 7th, 2020, 6:50 pmHere is Section 21. I hope it pleases.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_021_tappan_128k.mp3 19:7
thank you Julie :) will try to listen to it today but I may be pressed for time, so it's more likely going to be tomorrow. But MW is updated already.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

pschempf wrote: March 7th, 2020, 11:53 pmMay I have section 114?
hi Fritz :) welcome to the World Story series. I believe it's the first time you participate in one of these books, so I'd like to point you to the first two posts for any special rules about disclaimer and footnotes.

Looking forward to your section, thank you so much for your interest. 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: March 7th, 2020, 6:50 pmHere is Section 21. I hope it pleases.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume10_021_tappan_128k.mp3 19:7
well I had more time than I thought, so I managed to listen to the section :) what a campaign :shock: You are a gifted war-reporter, I loved the narrative. :thumbs: Also, flawless and word-perfect, so straight PL ok for this section.

Only careful with the filenaming. You missed a 'b' at the end at 'kb'. But no need to reupload, as there are no other errors, I'll change the file in my folder.

Thank you so much, Julie, and I'm sure I'll hear you in another project soon again. Maybe even in this or the next World Story book. 8-)

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Thank you for the kind words. I really thought it wasn't up to the level I would like to share, good, but not as good as it could have been, but I wasn't sure how to make it better, so I thought I'd let you decide. I'm so glad you're pleased.

Dagnabit on the file name. I copied and pasted and never noticed I was missing a b.

I've actually just set up some new recording equipment and once I'm pleased with the set up, I'll definitely be recording more. I'd like to get into voice acting professionally and LibriVox is a God-send because I can find out what I like reading, what I'm good at reading, and how to really use Audacity. I've enjoyed it so much so far and am looking forward to what comes next.

Since I have new equipment, should I resubmit a 1-minute test or will it be okay if I don't because I am familiar with the settings and such?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: March 8th, 2020, 3:54 pmSince I have new equipment, should I resubmit a 1-minute test or will it be okay if I don't because I am familiar with the settings and such?
you can if you feel unsure, but if you are using Audacity still, I guess the technical settings are all saved, it doesn't matter what microphone you are plugging in. So it's not really necessary.

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

I thought it might not be, but I wanted to confirm. Thank you.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

My PC seems to think I should go to bed rather than editing my witch :roll: I just can't get that editing program to give me sound today and am not done yet with editing; I'll look into it tomorrow.