COMPLETE Jr Classics vol10b, Poems Old and New - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7923
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » March 22nd, 2020, 5:54 pm

linny wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 5:01 am
Kathrine,
We are ready for readers found! :clap:
Yay!
Kathrine

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13294
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 23rd, 2020, 5:14 am

Linda,
Wonderful reading! PL OK :clap:

LCantoni
Posts: 47
Joined: January 19th, 2020, 9:14 am
Location: The Berkshires
Contact:

Post by LCantoni » March 23rd, 2020, 5:38 am

linny wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 5:14 am
Linda,
Wonderful reading! PL OK :clap:
Thank you so much! I had to record it in my living room, which not only faces the street (with the occasional car noise) but also has a chiming clock - so I wound up having to re-record several stanzas. :roll: (Plus there was the one where my stomach gurgled a bit.) :oops: It did bring home to me the importance of listening WITH HEADPHONES, as I didn't initially hear some of these things when I listened through speakers.
Linda

"You see, books have souls, like people." Edith Wharton, Hudson River Bracketed.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13294
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 23rd, 2020, 5:59 am

LCantoni wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 5:38 am
Thank you so much! I had to record it in my living room, which not only faces the street (with the occasional car noise) but also has a chiming clock - so I wound up having to re-record several stanzas. :roll: (Plus there was the one where my stomach gurgled a bit.) :oops: It did bring home to me the importance of listening WITH HEADPHONES, as I didn't initially hear some of these things when I listened through speakers.
Oh my, what an ordeal. You did a great job through it all. I never guessed by listening that you recorded sections separately.

AlongsideMom
Posts: 105
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Post by AlongsideMom » March 27th, 2020, 12:09 am

I am so sorry I am so delayed in getting to these. I am enjoying reading them, and just need to edit the rest of my other sections. Here are sections 51, 52, and 53...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_051_patten_128kb.mp3 1m47s

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_052_patten_128kb.mp3 1m31s

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_053_patten_128kb.mp3 4m15s
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13294
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 27th, 2020, 6:17 am

erickmogo wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 6:40 pm
Hi!

I'd like to claim sections 68, 70, & 72, please.
This will be my first recording may I use pseudonym ErickMogo.

Thank you so much!
Two month claim period has expired. Sections 70 and 72 have been orphaned.

Home, Sweet Home by John Howard Payne https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015083431802&view=1up&seq=270

Boyhood by Washington Allston https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015083431802&view=1up&seq=272

Lorry
Posts: 92
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Post by Lorry » March 27th, 2020, 6:30 am

Hello,

I will be happy to take the orphans #70 and #72. Please use the name Lori Arsenault.

Best wishes,
Lori

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13294
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 27th, 2020, 6:31 am

Lorry wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 6:30 am
Hello,

I will be happy to take the orphans #70 and #72.

Best wishes,
Lori
Wonderful! Thank you, Lori. :D

Lorry
Posts: 92
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Post by Lorry » March 27th, 2020, 6:35 am

Hi Linny,

I have a question about the first one. It looks like it's two different poems, one without an author, then the second one with the author's name. Can you help me determine exactly what should be read for "Home Sweet Home?

Thanks,
Lori

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13294
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 27th, 2020, 6:46 am

Lorry wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 6:35 am
Hi Linny,

I have a question about the first one. It looks like it's two different poems, one without an author, then the second one with the author's name. Can you help me determine exactly what should be read for "Home Sweet Home?

Thanks,
Lori
The page headings are deceiving. They state the poem which starts on that page. :roll:

Home Sweet Home begins with the title and author (1/2 way down the page) and ends on the next page with "There's no place like home!"

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13294
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 27th, 2020, 6:57 am

AlongsideMom wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 12:09 am
I am so sorry I am so delayed in getting to these. I am enjoying reading them, and just need to edit the rest of my other sections. Here are sections 51, 52, and 53...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_051_patten_128kb.mp3 1m47s

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_052_patten_128kb.mp3 1m31s

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_053_patten_128kb.mp3 4m15s
Brook,
Lovely work, as always. :9:
51 and 52 are both PL OK.
53 you have a slight repeat in your intro of www.

Lorry
Posts: 92
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Post by Lorry » March 27th, 2020, 7:12 am


linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13294
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 27th, 2020, 7:53 am

Lorry wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 7:12 am
Hi Linny,

Here is #70 and #72.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_70_payne_128kb.mp3 1:19.67 in length, 89.5 dB

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_72_allston_128kb.mp3 1:6:80 in length, 87.5 dB

Best wishes,
Lori
Thank you, Lori. Both are PL OK. :thumbs:

As you work on other project be sure to keep a watch on the file naming conventions for each project. They are all slightly different. No need to resubmit here. I've left a note for Kathrine so she'll catch it when it's time to catalog.

AlongsideMom
Posts: 105
Joined: July 1st, 2019, 9:45 pm
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Post by AlongsideMom » March 27th, 2020, 8:25 am

linny wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 6:57 am
AlongsideMom wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 12:09 am
I am so sorry I am so delayed in getting to these. I am enjoying reading them, and just need to edit the rest of my other sections. Here are sections 51, 52, and 53...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_051_patten_128kb.mp3 1m47s

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_052_patten_128kb.mp3 1m31s

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_053_patten_128kb.mp3 4m15s
Brook,
Lovely work, as always. :9:
51 and 52 are both PL OK.
53 you have a slight repeat in your intro of www.
Thank you! Oops :oops: :D Here is section 53 fixed, now 4:14
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_053_patten_128kb.mp3
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13294
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » March 27th, 2020, 8:55 am

AlongsideMom wrote:
March 27th, 2020, 8:25 am
Thank you! Oops :oops: :D Here is section 53 fixed, now 4:14
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/juniorclassicsvol10b_053_patten_128kb.mp3
You're welcome. That's what I'm here for. Spot check PL OK. :thumbs:

Post Reply