[solo] Grampa In Oz by Ruth Plumly Thompson - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

philchenevert wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 11:52 am
I took a quick look at Chapter 1. After I had given notes, you re uploaded. I had mentioned that there was one Plumy still in there, but said that it was OK to mark as OK if wanted. Then, this morning, it appeared as Spot PL again with no changes. Do you know what's happening there?
I apologize for all this extra work by you. I have multiple projects going on at the same time and so many folders. By oversight, a file I am working on or fixing is saved to the wrong file because it happens to be open. When uploading what I think is the newly corrected file, I go to the correct folder and think the old file is actually the 'new' one and upload it. But it ain't. It's the same old one. tsk, tsk. Bad on me, eh?
Long explanation but that's what happens. I promise to do better! :D .
And then there's me, who makes no folders and deletes no files. In case you haven't discovered it, if your desktop becomes full all your files (any type) download on top of each other in a little stack. Then, you move top ones to get to the bottom ones and your desktop becomes crazy! I guess we all have our difficulties.

Chapter 1 is OK!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

So that's how they started adventuring! Chapter two brought things together. Here are notes:

3:49 – ‘down stairs’ sounds funky to me

4:42 – Mrs’ Sew-and-Sew sounds more like Mr. Sew-and-Sew to me

Optional note: the ending silence has a repeat of a click and breath that you can hear multiple times.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Got through Chapter 5. I thought they were going to find that fortune there, but was confused by the abundance of chapters. Ah well.

2:25 – missing the word us in ‘and us to fall’, which quite significantly changes the meaning

4:51 – heard ‘again’ instead of ‘already’

9:42, 10:57 – optional: heard Gramps instead of Grampa. Personally I like Gramps better and doesn’t think it changes anything, but I’m not entirely sure it fits with the writing style.
Campbell
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 2:46 pm So that's how they started adventuring! Chapter two brought things together. Here are notes:

3:49 – ‘down stairs’ sounds funky to me

4:42 – Mrs’ Sew-and-Sew sounds more like Mr. Sew-and-Sew to me

Optional note: the ending silence has a repeat of a click and breath that you can hear multiple times.
OK, chapter 2 has been spiffied up and uploaded again. We are on our way.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 3:51 pm Got through Chapter 5. I thought they were going to find that fortune there, but was confused by the abundance of chapters. Ah well.

2:25 – missing the word us in ‘and us to fall’, which quite significantly changes the meaning

4:51 – heard ‘again’ instead of ‘already’

9:42, 10:57 – optional: heard Gramps instead of Grampa. Personally I like Gramps better and doesn’t think it changes anything, but I’m not entirely sure it fits with the writing style.
Chaper 5 fixed and it really does sound better. Gramps replaced with his proper name Grampa! :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

Chapter 6 was awesome! More adventurers are great. I just hope they don't add too many more or I will begin to get confused. I have only one slight note:

17:04 – the ‘c’ in ‘come’ is cut off
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Also, I remembered that you had gone through and updated the Plumly name in the chapters I listened to, so I went back and took a peek at Chapter 4. Only issue is now the name is repeated, one the right name and the other the wrong.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

philchenevert wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 9:17 pm OK, chapter 2 has been spiffied up and uploaded again. We are on our way.
Chapter 2 is OK! I feel proud of my progress, then I look at the MW and see a sea of blue. I don't think I'm doing bad though, think my pace is pretty good.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Chapter 5 is OK!
Campbell
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Chapter 2 is OK! I feel proud of my progress, then I look at the MW and see a sea of blue. I don't think I'm doing bad though, think my pace is pretty good.
We are doing fine and I appreciate your diligence in listening. There is no rush at all, I have all year if you can put up with my goofs. The adventures keep on coming and the book is fun (if you don't need to PL it!)

Chapter 4 has had the extra Plumy taken out. and fixed. :D

EDIT: what do the pronouns they/them mean in your sig? curiouser and curiouserer. :hmm:
lymiewithpurpose

philchenevert wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 10:00 am We are doing fine and I appreciate your diligence in listening. There is no rush at all, I have all year if you can put up with my goofs. The adventures keep on coming and the book is fun (if you don't need to PL it!)
This book is SO fun! That's why I want to do my best to get it out to listeners quickly. So much fun with the adventures. It is starting to remind me a bit of Alice in Wonderland though.
philchenevert wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 10:00 am EDIT: what do the pronouns they/them mean in your sig? curiouser and curiouserer.
Ah. I am non binary (not a female or male), so it is hard when people call me a 'she' or a 'he'. I put those there in the hopes that when/if referring to me, people will use 'they' pronouns for me. Ask if you have more questions!

Anyways, listened to the house plant filled Chapter 7. Few notes:
10:23 – Make sure you get your ‘round’s and ‘down’s correct (the ending few should be ‘round and DOWN’ and ‘down and ROUND’ (adds to the writing I feel)

You may want to clean up this ending silence again.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Great questions, all of them! I will PM you the answers. Not that I am hesitant to share, but I try to keep threads about the book and discuss other stuff by PM. I get so confused when there are so many posts about different things (well, even posts about the book confuse me).
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Chapter 8 was quite a detour. Maybe the adventurers will earn a fortune by finding the king's daughter?

2:02/2:04/6:41/8:09 – Percy Vere was pronounced differently than at other places (2:15 for example). The pronunciation at 2:15 makes more sense.

5:23/5:28 – heard ‘Albrog’ instead of ‘Abrog’, which I heard correctly earlier and later
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Chapter 4 is PL OK. I'm tired now, so no more for today.
Campbell
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 9:25 am Chapter 6 was awesome! More adventurers are great. I just hope they don't add too many more or I will begin to get confused. I have only one slight note:

17:04 – the ‘c’ in ‘come’ is cut off
Chapter 6 is ready for spot check. Oh, you will come to love little Urtha, the flower fairy. Nothing hurts her and she just dances all the time. Note that this book switches back and forth between the two adventuring parties. The one with Grampa and the one with Dorothy. They will meet eventually of course but it is a bit disconcerting when the author switches between them in mid chapter. Stay alert! The plot thickens!!!! :shock: