COMPLETE[PLAY]The Princess of Elis by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I will try to clean that stuff out. My hearing continues to decline so I don't hear it - thank you for telling me exactly where to clean and that it is helping!

Assembling Don Juan.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 30th, 2020, 7:36 amI will try to clean that stuff out. My hearing continues to decline so I don't hear it - thank you for telling me exactly where to clean and that it is helping!
Try amplifying the sample with +50 db, then you can see the waves jumping in intervals and you can also hear it ;)

But yes, I also don't hear some frequencies. This one I don't think I heard in the parts PLs. Maybe I was listening on the other computer and without earphones. But it's really noticeable.

Let's hope we never lose our hearing entirely. :shock:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I did the noise cleaning where you suggested and it looks better. Of course you hope it sounds better but I can't tell that....

I also deamplified the stacked parts between ~4:00 and ~7:00 (only the stacked parts in there) to make them a little less loud.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: June 30th, 2020, 6:33 am I have only one major issue with this act:
> from 0:49-0:57 / 8:40-9:19 / 9:44-12:15 / 15:23-15:51 - all of Alan's Arbates speeches have a very disturbing background rustling. I wonder why I didn't hear it the first time around, maybe I didn't use earphones then.
I tried Audacity's noise-cleaning and it works if you take a sample from the noise, because it is a very regular sound, so it also cleans it up inside the speeches.
I took a sample between 8:50 and 8:51 and it worked well, the sound was completely gone. Strangely enough after 15:51 (even in mid-speech) his sound was better again, the noise disappeared :hmm: I wonder what it was, it sounds like static, very regular.
Sorry about this. I did these recordings some time ago before I started noise cleaning all my recordings, which I do now. Also I never use headphones and my hearing is not what it was so I tend not to notice background noise unless it is visible on Audacity.
If you want me to clean and reupload anything I still have the files but obviously it would be better if you or Todd could fix it.
It should not happen again in the future.
Did it also happen on the Iphitas parts in act 2?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 30th, 2020, 1:21 pmI did the noise cleaning where you suggested and it looks better. Of course you hope it sounds better but I can't tell that....
I also deamplified the stacked parts between ~4:00 and ~7:00 (only the stacked parts in there) to make them a little less loud.
yes the decreased volume is definitely easier on my ears. :thumbs: And Alan's lines are much much better, I'm happy it was possible to clean out this crackling. :9:

So we only need this one voice credit for Climène at 2:21 and then this Act is all ok.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: July 1st, 2020, 2:32 amDid it also happen on the Iphitas parts in act 2?
I am about to listen to Act 2, I will let you know. But judging from the voice credits, Arbates was the only one where this sound occured. Fingers crossed. :)

I wonder what caused it though. :hmm: It's a very regular clicking sound. If you still have your files, just try amplifying very loud the silence between some of your words, then you can hear it and see it in the Audacity waves. They constantly peak at regular intervals.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Act 2 is PL ok right away. I loved the echo-scene with Moron :lol:

And Alan, rest assured: as I thought, your audio was noise-free this time. :thumbs:

Now we are only waiting for one final role. The reader hasn't been online for quite some time :hmm: Hope all is ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

PM not picked up - not online since 19 May....

Thanks, Todd
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll take Climene. Is it pronounced "Cligh-ME-nee?"

And I don't see lines in act 5, just in the 5th interlude. Please confirm. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Never mind the pronunciation. I followed the lead of the narrator. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/princessofelis_climene_5_moliere_128kb.mp3

I did a couple takes on both the "both" lines. The very last one, I tried to follow the timing/rhythm of the previous reader.

(This is only the interlude. Like I said, I didn't see lines anywhere else.)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Act 5 and the interlude are in same file. As you discovered, some roles are only in act and some only in interlude....

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TriciaG wrote: July 11th, 2020, 9:37 am Never mind the pronunciation. I followed the lead of the narrator. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/princessofelis_climene_5_moliere_128kb.mp3
I did a couple takes on both the "both" lines. The very last one, I tried to follow the timing/rhythm of the previous reader.
thank you Tricia for the quick turn-around :9: wonderfully done, and we'll be duet partners 8-) Climene is perfectly PL ok and that means the final act can get wrapped up. YAY !

Excellent to have you in this play too. Thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Acts 1 and 5 ready for final PL. And then we'll be done.

Thank you all for your wonderful voices!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 11th, 2020, 12:43 pm Acts 1 and 5 ready for final PL. And then we'll be done.
Act 5 is perfectly PL ok :clap: a grand finale, though the two princesses are a bit disposed of in the end :lol: Great performance by the whole troupe. Wonderful editing, thanks Todd.

For Act 1 I still don't hear Climene's voice credit ... I re-checked them all now, where exactly did you put it ? :hmm:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Voice credit now there at 2:20. Sorry.

Thanks, Todd