COMPLETE[PLAY]The Princess of Elis by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Nemo, I simply loved this gentle satyr's song :thumbs: well done, to put a bit of a sing-song in it. Can be marked PL ok straight away.

Todd: I would say this is the third interlude, not the second interlude (as marked in the MW). It's at the end of Act 2

The whippers-in are quite a pest :lol: I wouldn't want to have them wake me up. Here I have a small note:

> at about 1:00: I think there are several "all" lines missing towards the end. The whippers-in are probably joining that chorus with the musicians (for maximum annoyance :mrgreen: ), since it's their same "get up" motto. I would suggest, you add the six ALL lines on page 31 as well
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 1st, 2020, 7:37 am Shepherd
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessofelis_shepherd_6.mp3
I presume that you did not want this actually sung. Perhaps if it is ok it could be used as a template for other shepherd(esse)s.
and the shepherd is also perfectly PL ok. You give a good pacing here, so yes, using this as template is not a bad idea. Will make the merging easier later on for Todd ;)

thank you Alan !!!

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Kitty wrote: January 1st, 2020, 9:06 am [
thank you Nemo, I simply loved this gentle satyr's song :thumbs: well done, to put a bit of a sing-song in it. Can be marked PL ok straight away.

Todd: I would say this is the third interlude, not the second interlude (as marked in the MW). It's at the end of Act 2

The whippers-in are quite a pest :lol: I wouldn't want to have them wake me up. Here I have a small note:

> at about 1:00: I think there are several "all" lines missing towards the end. The whippers-in are probably joining that chorus with the musicians (for maximum annoyance :mrgreen: ), since it's their same "get up" motto. I would suggest, you add the six ALL lines on page 31 as well
Thanks Sonia!

I did not add the "All" lines as the MW directed that to be just the Musicians, not the whippers-in. However, if Todd wants me to go back and add them, I can stick them in at the end of the file.
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: January 1st, 2020, 9:10 amI did not add the "All" lines as the MW directed that to be just the Musicians, not the whippers-in. However, if Todd wants me to go back and add them, I can stick them in at the end of the file.
oh ok, sorry. My mistake then. I thought that was everybody because it didn't say the whippers left the stage. :oops:

But I can also mark it PL ok :) Thanks for clarifying.

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Can I take 1st Musician and Cynthia?
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

leanneyauyau wrote: January 1st, 2020, 9:03 am I can play Aurora :)
Todd, you may have missed this. (I only noticed because I wanted Aurora for myself. :wink: I always liked that name, because it's one of the few things that rhymes with my own.)

So I guess I'll take Shepherdess instead. And maybe one of the musicians as well? I think those were non-overlapping.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: January 1st, 2020, 6:02 pm
leanneyauyau wrote: January 1st, 2020, 9:03 am I can play Aurora :)
Todd, you may have missed this. (I only noticed because I wanted Aurora for myself. :wink: I always liked that name, because it's one of the few things that rhymes with my own.)

So I guess I'll take Shepherdess instead. And maybe one of the musicians as well? I think those were non-overlapping.
Thank you, I had missed that request when we started the next page.

Todd
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Can I have Lyciscas? (And I promise the stay around long enough the record my part this time...)

Also, the MW lists him as in the 1st interlude AND in Act1. I don't see him in Act 1, but Moron, as originally played by Moliere, is in act 1, and I assume he wouldn't be playing two roles in the same act.
Truth,
James
---------------------
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

"and" (used in Interlude and Act) is a confusing word. "and/or" would be better. Most of the interludes are ballet and music things that have different folk from the act actors.

Thanks, Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

A funny question, but how are we pronouncing "Moron"? :D
Eva D
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

1st musician, who might be better at haranguing than music ...

(I included the whippers' "all" lines in the better-safe-than-sorry theory, but will happily cut them ...)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessofelis_1stmusician_1.mp3
Eva D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.
bluechien wrote: January 4th, 2020, 9:44 pm A funny question, but how are we pronouncing "Moron"? :D
As you know, I don't care about getting uniform name pronunciation so long as it is at least consistent when said by any given character. That said, I'd love for my character name to be other than "more-on", but I fear that is what the world will heap upon me. And as a Jester, I guess I'll accept that with what little pride a guy in mufti with little bells on his shoes and hat can expect.

Thanks, Moron Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: January 4th, 2020, 10:26 pm1st musician, who might be better at haranguing than music ...
(I included the whippers' "all" lines in the better-safe-than-sorry theory, but will happily cut them ...)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessofelis_1stmusician_1.mp3
:lol: I wouldn't want you standing next to my bed in the mornings to throw me out of the warm sheets. How annoying :mrgreen: Indeed the musicians are almost more insistent than the whippers-in. Somehow I don't know why Molière created so many different roles here. Maybe to create extra mayhem.

Perfectly PL ok, Eva. And yes, I think merging three whippers is already enough, so Todd may not use your initial lines (though they are very good :thumbs: ) but let's keep them in for the time being. Who knows when we may need them.

Thank you

(and for the record: my Phillis calls Moron a moron :mrgreen: no point in painting it nicer with a euphemising pronunciation)

Sonia
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

May I please be assigned the role of Euryalus, Prince of Ithaca? It'll be a week or two before I can start recording, getting over a wicked chest cold.

-Kurt