[Complete] Hinduism and Buddhism, An Historical Sketch Vol. 2 by Charles Eliot - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

najjarcm wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:10 am If it's still available. I am able to read for Section 9: Decadence of Indian Buddhism

Cristina
It's all yours.
I have added you to the catalog with your forum name. but if you'd prefer your real name, that can easily be changed. Please be sure to read the first post.It has all the information you need, but if anything doesn't make sense, don't be afraid to ask.
mmallela

Post by mmallela »

Hi! I will do the last remaining section, "From Kanishka to Vasubandhu". Thanks!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

mmallela wrote: July 29th, 2020, 10:22 am Hi! I will do the last remaining section, "From Kanishka to Vasubandhu". Thanks!
Thank you for claiming
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

MrsHand wrote: August 8th, 2020, 7:15 pm Here's section 8, 39:13.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism2_08_eliot_128kb.mp3
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 8 PL OK
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

We have 3 orphaned sections
Andromeda98

Post by Andromeda98 »

I would like to read number 2. Bodhisatvas under the pseudonym Andromeda98.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Andromeda98 wrote: September 1st, 2020, 7:13 am I would like to read number 2. Bodhisatvas under the pseudonym Andromeda98.
Welcome to Librivox!
I see you have posted your test. Please wait for feedback on that before recording (it pays in the long run!) Be sure to read the first post and have fun.
najjarcm

Post by najjarcm »

[/quote]

It's all yours.
I have added you to the catalog with your forum name. but if you'd prefer your real name, that can easily be changed. Please be sure to read the first post.It has all the information you need, but if anything doesn't make sense, don't be afraid to ask.
[/quote]

Here is section 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism2_9_eliot_128kb.mp3 62:19

I am a bit confused on the difference between 'chapter' & sections, so let me know if you want me to change the intro.
And any feedback would be appreciated as this is my first contributed recording for LV. Would love to have my real name on the catalog too if possible :) Cristina Najjar
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

najjarcm wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 12:47 am
It's all yours.
[/quote]

Here is section 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/hinduismandbuddhism2_9_eliot_128kb.mp3 62:19

I am a bit confused on the difference between 'chapter' & sections, so let me know if you want me to change the intro.
And any feedback would be appreciated as this is my first contributed recording for LV. Would love to have my real name on the catalog too if possible :) Cristina Najjar
[/quote]

Thank you. I will try to listen today.
The first thing I notice is the file name... we need the leading 0 so it should be _09_ Don’t worry about it for now, but if you need to do edits, please use the correct format.

As for the difference between section and chapter...
The chapter is as the author wrote it.
The section is the position in the Magic Window.
Usually they are the same. However, sometimes the BC (book coordinator) will split a long chapter into two or more sections or combine more than one very short chapter. Either of these means later chapters don’t correspond with the section number.
When reading, just follow the directions in the first post. When making a claim, it’s best to claim by section number.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 9 PL OK
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

If it is still unclaimed, I would like to read
Section 4, Mahayanist Metaphysics

Thank you!

Owlivia / Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Owlivia wrote: September 6th, 2020, 12:00 am If it is still unclaimed, I would like to read
Section 4, Mahayanist Metaphysics

Thank you!

Owlivia / Deborah
All yours!
RussellEric

Post by RussellEric »

I would claim the orphaned Section 3 The Buddhas of Mhayanism