COMPLETE[PLAY]The Squire by Arthur Wing Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and thanks, Eva. I especially liked this harvest song they were performing, and you played this excellently, quite rustic. :thumbs:

However there are a few lines missing. In the end, there were a few "crowd" lines which probably also need to be spoken by these villagers. Todd forgot to mention them in the MW, but I'll put them in now for all the roles that need to be included.

> at about 1:41: a second "hear hear" is missing
> at about 2:04: two missed lines for "Crowd" at the end: "What ! Married ! " and "Hurrah !"
> the whole file is over 95 dB, maybe reduce the volume some 3 or 4 dB

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 4th, 2020, 8:48 amGunnion act 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_gunnion_3.mp3
and Gunnion is nicely brought to a close. It looks like the whole new job was getting a to his head in this act ;) And I didn't really understand what he meant by the Mercury :hmm: some rustic tradition I don't know about probably.

Excellently done, Alan :thumbs: PL ok.

(oh just one thing: the hum is back, so I'll make a note for Todd to clean a bit)

thank you

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: January 4th, 2020, 9:41 am
alanmapstone wrote: January 4th, 2020, 8:48 amGunnion act 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_gunnion_3.mp3
I didn't really understand what he meant by the Mercury :hmm: some rustic tradition I don't know about probably.
(oh just one thing: the hum is back, so I'll make a note for Todd to clean a bit)
The Mercury is probably a local newspaper. Character in act 1 The Representative of the Pagley Mercury would be a journalist.

Surprised that the hum is back as I noise cleaned this file which did not do with act 1. 😕
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 4th, 2020, 10:05 amThe Mercury is probably a local newspaper. Character in act 1 The Representative of the Pagley Mercury would be a journalist.
ah him !!! ok, yes, it makes sense. But he was shortly showing up there I think. Haven't really found out what happened to him :lol:

Well maybe the hum was louder as expected and my ears still could hear it. Some frequencies I am more sensitive to and others I don't hear at all. :? I cleaned the file once more and then it was fine, so no worries. Todd will get rid of it.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Sonia

I think that any Google script files you created for me on this project can now be deleted. Thanks for sending them 👍

Still a bit puzzled that no one else is having problems with the Gutenberg file as I still get a partial version 😕
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Kitty wrote: January 4th, 2020, 9:39 am > at about 1:41: a second "hear hear" is missing
> at about 2:04: two missed lines for "Crowd" at the end: "What ! Married ! " and "Hurrah !"
> the whole file is over 95 dB, maybe reduce the volume some 3 or 4 dB
thanks, Sonia ... fixes here.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_womansvoice_3_128kb.mp3
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: January 4th, 2020, 10:41 pm thanks, Sonia ... fixes here.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_womansvoice_3_128kb.mp3
and thank you, Eva, now all PL ok :) I really like the enthusiasm at the final hurrah :9:

Sonia
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

I wouldn't mind reading for one of the remaining 'Voice' parts (Either Man's Voice, Loud Voice, or just Voice)

Although the magic window seems to state the Villagers/Crowd in Act 3 is read by all three parts - Man's Voice, Loud Voice, and Voice. So I'm bit unclear about which role is supposed to read those parts.
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

All those people read all those parts. I have different sections so I get different voices that I will mix together when I edit.

Thanks, Todd
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Do you want all those small parts submitted as different files? Or part of the same track

Villagers, Man's Voice, All,?
Join the "Frauds, Forgeries, and Fake News Collection" - viewtopic.php?f=28&t=78482&hilit=fake+news
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

AdamBielka wrote: January 13th, 2020, 2:53 pm Do you want all those small parts submitted as different files? Or part of the same track

Villagers, Man's Voice, All,?
All in the same file please so I have just one file per section in the MW.

Thanks, Todd
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Man's Voice (plus designated additional voices of Villagers, All, and Crowd)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_mansvoice_3_128kb.mp3

03:00 Long
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AdamBielka wrote: January 14th, 2020, 5:45 pmMan's Voice (plus designated additional voices of Villagers, All, and Crowd)
thank you, Adam, now this was really a wonderfully cheerful interpretation, full of rural vigour. :thumbs: Perfect for the role.

you found all the parts you had to read, so nothing to add. But there are a few "Women's Voices" especially in the song, that you included, and since you are supposed to be the Male voice, you won't be included in that merging. We have a separate reader for the Woman's voice, which will read those lines.

To make it less confusing for Todd, could you please cut out the following lines:

> at 0:41-0:52: "What have you got for me good man" and "sayyyyy"
> at 1:07-1:17: "What's for your baby boy, Good-man?" and "saaaayyy"
> at 1:30-1:39: "What have you got for She, Good-man?" and "saaaayyyy"

thank you, otherwise perfect :) I hope to hear you in a bigger role soon, you can certainly pull it.

Sonia
AdamBielka

Post by AdamBielka »

Sorry about that, the Woman's Voices were under the wide rubric of "Chorus of Villagers" so I wasn't sure if they counted as Villagers.

Edited correction version posted. 02:27