COMPLETE[PLAY]The Squire by Arthur Wing Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: April 1st, 2020, 2:43 pm
benderca wrote: March 30th, 2020, 5:57 am I thought I'd just leave it as an uncredited cameo appearance -- keep 'em guessing... "who was that dame?"
If the feedback actually comes back as “Who wuz dat dame?”, at least we’ll know you’ve got a lock on the retired 1930s bootlegger demographic. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Chris
:lol: You slay me, tough guy! You've hit on all sixes there. You really know your onions! :lol:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have Act 2 ready for PL, but I'll understand if you wish to wait for acts 1 and 3 - both awaiting the final reader files to be completed.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 1st, 2020, 6:57 pmI have Act 2 ready for PL, but I'll understand if you wish to wait for acts 1 and 3 - both awaiting the final reader files to be completed.
couldn't resist and listened to it right away. And it's awesomely done by all of our group. :9: And the way you interspersed Devorah's lovely singing into the dialogue sounds excellent. I really felt like watching it all on stage. Our emotions are all very dramatically enhanced here. It's a great play and craftily assembled.

Totally PL ok. Thanks

Actually you could finish the first act already and we'll only leave PL notes for the missing voice credits. The rest should be good to go.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, I am grooming Act 1 now. Glad you liked Act 2 - I thought everyone sounded wonderful. And I really liked how Felicity's singing worked with the other dialog.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm so glad to hear that the song worked out! Looking forward to listening to this one. :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Most of Act 1 is ready for PL; I'll finish the cast list when the last files are completed.

Thanks, Todd
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Kitty wrote: April 1st, 2020, 1:45 pm
Ealswythe wrote: April 1st, 2020, 1:27 pm Christiana missing lines for Todd
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_christiana_morelines_128kb.mp3 00:22
:D
I'm crestfallen I missed so many lines :oops: but PL ok now, thank you so much Linda !!

Sonia
Don’t worry about it, Sonia. That text was extremely difficult to decipher. I missed a bunch of lines, to begin with.
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 9:23 am Most of Act 1 is ready for PL; I'll finish the cast list when the last files are completed.
over one hour ! I didn't finish this yesterday night but this morning. It sounds really great, already the whole drama is unfolding. A strong opening act. :thumbs: Everbody excellent.

Here a few notes, mainly for the stage directions, but I am guessing you left them out for a reason. With most of them I agree anyway, and I guess those three are also optional. Just mentioning them in case it was an oversight and you can decide.

> at 1:12: just to remember where to put in the missing voice credits: loud voice and voice (still waiting for them). On the other hand, Dame, Woman's voice, Man's voice and Child are also missing and we already have those ready

> at 11:23: missed part: "Christiana goes to left"

> at 40:22: missed part "Kate gets L., behind table"

> at 59:25: "Eric, laughingly" can get cut, Larry says it laughingly enough

thanks, great job !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

iamjessebaxter wrote: February 28th, 2020, 8:34 pm I would like to read Loud Voice, Act 3. (Section 1)
I have orphaned this part since reader claim has expired and reader has not been online for 7 weeks.

Thanks, Todd
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hello, can I claim # 1 - Loud Voice, Act 3 ?

Greetings from Germany. :)
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lorda wrote: May 11th, 2020, 12:20 pm Hello, can I claim # 1 - Loud Voice, Act 3 ?
yay, we are so waiting for the two final roles to get claimed. Thank you Bernd for helping us closer to the finishing line :9: have fun !!!

Sonia
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Kitty wrote: May 11th, 2020, 12:29 pm
lorda wrote: May 11th, 2020, 12:20 pm Hello, can I claim # 1 - Loud Voice, Act 3 ?
yay, we are so waiting for the two final roles to get claimed. Thank you Bernd for helping us closer to the finishing line :9: have fun !!!

Sonia
Hello Sonia/Todd,

here is the file from the Loud Voice.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/squire_loudvoice_3_128kb.mp3

Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I have Section 1 (Voice in Act 3). Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: May 11th, 2020, 8:05 pm May I have Section 1 (Voice in Act 3). Jim
so cool, thank you, Jim. That makes us fully claimed again. :9: And I think we can prepare the final act soon. 8-)

Sonia